Rowl or FA News

General Clan Lord discussion

Moderator: CL GMs

Neko
Exile

Post by Neko » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:24 pm

zen wrote:Incidentally, if something fanwanks too much, eventually it will Jump the Shark.

Lost me on the shark part.
-/\/eko

Aldernon
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Aldernon » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:42 pm

google the phrase "jump the shark" ;)
-Ald

"Applying epistemological transformations to dismiss information that isn't presently convenient to you is the reason people distrust self-professed intellectuals: because it's bullshit." -Skirwan

Ootog
Clan Destine

Post by Ootog » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:28 am

Well, now you've gone and done it and the question that begs to be asked:

When did Clan Lord jump the shark, if ever?
We were never here!!

Yor
Exile

Re: Rowl or FA News

Post by Yor » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:10 am

Strim all,

Here's the latest as far as I know:

- Groar has left his cave (and the gem) and fled to the place where boats are made. He's now sleeping there. The gem is completely unguarded. As this was unfolding some exiles apparently "sensed great fear, not theirs, but from somebody else".

- I ran into Fat Alice. She came back to her hut to get some things she had forgotten due to being in a rush. I questioned her and she told me some useful things. Among them:

If there are unusual spawns of Lyfes then odds are Rowl is nearby. Only Rowl (being in the vicinity I presume) can lyfe you while standing. It can't happen any other way. You must be red for Rowl to lyfe you. If he gains power, he will be able to lyfe people on yellow.

Spread the word please.

- People are getting lyfed alot faster then cures are being obtained. However, getting cured seems pointless unless you intend to give up on this and completely steer clear of Rowl appearances/sightings or even KI entirely. However, it seems like Rowl gets stronger as more people get lyfed. Quite a conundrum. What to do? :D

- I took part in my first direct confrontation with Rowl yesterday on FA Beach. After we cleared most of his minions he jumped out of the trees and attacked us himself. He was smart, difficult to hit, and hit VERY hard. He kept running away from Snowlion everytime she got close and threw Mujin-kun around like a rag doll. :P Snowlion got one swing in and whiffed. He kept flanking us with spawns which delayed further attempts at him then he eventually disappeared. He looked like an orange Lyfelidae this time (wasn't he a Harvest before?).

- The cove is now completely blocked off and the rocks protecting the UK entrance are apparently gone. Presumably the work of Rowl.

- Apparently ethereal creatures were seen on KI last night. I wasn't there so can't confirm.

If anybody has anything to add please post it here (On the Sentinel in the IC Forum under the "Rowl or FA News" thread). Graha.

Yor

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:58 am

Yor wrote:You must be red for Rowl to lyfe you. If he gains power, he will be able to lyfe people on yellow.

- People are getting lyfed alot faster then cures are being obtained. However, getting cured seems pointless unless you intend to give up on this and completely steer clear of Rowl appearances/sightings or even KI entirely. However, it seems like Rowl gets stronger as more people get lyfed. Quite a conundrum. What to do? :D

Do we actually trust FatAlice and her miracle cure once Rowl is dealt with? That seems to be the only real question here, at least to me.

If we don't trust her, hoarde those eggs and prepare to be lyfed on yellow or even green.

If we do trust her, then we should cure as many exiles as we can.

I think we should trust her. She, and the voice inside her head, knows that there will be an unholy uproar if she doesn't keep her word. If she screws us on her promise to cure all, then I would expect to see several exiles go even deeper in to exile never to be seen again. She's not that stupid.

On a side note, isn't there some sort of tunnel being built to connect KI to our mainland? Wouldn't this suggest that we can expect to see lyfe, and perhaps Rowl/Groar in town?
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Baff
Exile

Post by Baff » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:10 am

Cinnamon wrote:On a side note, isn't there some sort of tunnel being built to connect KI to our mainland?

I wouldn't assume that, since the tunnel is going in the wrong direction.

Nightbird
Exile

Post by Nightbird » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:47 am

Baff wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:On a side note, isn't there some sort of tunnel being built to connect KI to our mainland?

I wouldn't assume that, since the tunnel is going in the wrong direction.

Well, not really, it's going east. It could theoritcally turn south and come to puddleby... but I highly doubt that.
-NB

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Post by Lorikeet » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:51 am

Yor wrote:Strim all,

Here's the latest as far as I know:

He looked like an orange Lyfelidae this time (wasn't he a Harvest before?).

He never was a harvest when I saw him. Was much prettier ;).

- Apparently ethereal creatures were seen on KI last night. I wasn't there so can't confirm.

I can confirm a mess of ethereal slugs. :twisted:

Lorikeet

Kani
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Ranger
Race: Sylvan

Post by Kani » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:19 pm

In the sketches I have (and posted) of Rowl, and in all my experiences with him, he has had orange fur and has been wearing black clothing.
The obstacle is the path.

zen
Temple of the Moon
Temple of the Moon

Post by zen » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:17 pm

One thing I'm wonderin' about is how Rowl gets from FA's beach to the cove so quickly.

Hrm.

Oh, and I never intended to suggest that CL has jumped the shark.

Chum did jump the shark, and was fortuitously eaten by same.
Carpe Occultum via scrotum.

Kojiro
Exile
Profession: Champignon
Race: Human

Post by Kojiro » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:22 am

Does Rowl grow stronger only when he lyfes you? What if you lyfe yourslef with that potion?

Kani
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Ranger
Race: Sylvan

Post by Kani » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:30 am

Rowl draws his power from all lyfed exiles. It doesn't matter if they use a luminescent culture, are lyfed by falling, or are lyfed by Rowl.
The obstacle is the path.

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:14 pm

Cinnamon wrote:
I think we should trust her. She, and the voice inside her head, knows that there will be an unholy uproar if she doesn't keep her word. If she screws us on her promise to cure all, then I would expect to see several exiles go even deeper in to exile never to be seen again. She's not that stupid.

I say we kill her first and ask questions later. Well maybe we could beat the hundreds of thousndans of coins out of her first (200k?). I volenteer.

Sor
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Healer
Race: Dwarf

Post by Sor » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:03 am

News update : during the last full moon, Rowl managed to locate the unguarded gem and pry it out of the statue without exiles being able to stop him (see articles on TMN). He seems to be now studying it, so all is not lost yet but we need to act fast.

It's worth noting that lyfed exiles putting their minds at it together were able to get a rather precise feeling of his whereabouts.
Sor

white wolf
Fresh off the Boat

Post by white wolf » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:44 am

Just wondering, does Rowl actually grow stronger when more exiles are lyfed? Or is it just that the exiles are weaker because of being lyfed?

I'm sure this has been talked about before... but just wondering.

For some reason I feel that he isn't smart enough to draw power from exiles... heck, he can't even figure out the gem.