Moderator: CL GMs

Kani
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Ranger
Race: Sylvan

Rowl or FA News

Post by Kani » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:17 am

Post any news you have on Fat Alice or Rowl here.

I'll start.

After we purchased the sixth page of her book on Rowl, she gave us some information on him.

She said that his strength is partially dependent on the amount of exiles that have currently contracted lyfelidaeism. The more lyfed, the more powerful he is, both in his physical and what some might describe as magical powers.

His magic powers include the ability to summon other lyfelidae at will, and to give lyfelidaeism to exiles who are injured. Currently, he can only lyfe those who are "red" and low "yellow." This may change as more exiles are cured or get lyfed.

Feel free to post about any contact you have with Rowl or Alice, too.
The obstacle is the path.

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Post by Fundin » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:25 am

Good info Kani thx. I gues we need to start hunting out those spare eggs and curing people then (Mjolliner :wink: ). Interesting thats is based on health, what he hit like, a GD i was told?
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:03 am

Well, for anyone who doesn't yet have all the pages here are what I have...

page1

ow ev nm ww pc ek pn cm eh nf wo tr xb ch ny ya az ow ro nm oy

page2

ar ko cg vy ge my ac nm ke mp yn ao nw we us tr tz ao fg ar vy

page3

ue mg sr cs ym za wr ab ek fw er nk pl mq tz iq qe mp he we zs

page4

zp la eh rt kq ar ob sr my sr ge my yn wc wl co az ow ro zp ar

page5

an sr fx sr ie zo ok ac nm os on we ao nw we gy ef ky nm ky na

I wonder if this isn't in the wrong forum. If there's going to be open discussion as well as organizaion, then there's going to be OOC talk. OOC talk like, Cinn can be available from ~4:30 pm EST to ~6:30 today to help with cure hunts. Any takers?

Ayelwen
Exile
Profession: Chainer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Ayelwen » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:26 am

Page 6: ry ag ir mf vy ue bm qm cs tz ow ro rp el nk ye wy oy hp at et

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Player Status: Active

Post by xepel » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:12 pm

Anyone know how these things are encoded? Has anyone decrypted any of the pages yet?

Kani
Red Quill
Red Quill

Post by Kani » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:18 pm

Vagile said she had translated them, if you look at the "Me Book" thread. I've heard that Falken has as well, but I can't confirm that since I haven't talked to him since I heard that.

Kani
Red Quill
Red Quill

Post by Kani » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:34 pm

Update: After talking to Falken, it appears he hasn't translated the whole text, just come across the words Alice suggested: Rowl and Groar.

Ootog
Clan Destine

Post by Ootog » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:03 am

Kani wrote:...just come across the words Alice suggested: Rowl and Groar.

How did you manage to do that for page 3 where there is no O in it and you need that particular vowel to spell either Rowl or Groar?
We were never here!!

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:39 am

So far the only clue we have is that "Rowl" and/or "Groar" are encrypted on each page, right?

Do we have any other clues?

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:03 am

Ootog wrote:
Kani wrote:...just come across the words Alice suggested: Rowl and Groar.

How did you manage to do that for page 3 where there is no O in it and you need that particular vowel to spell either Rowl or Groar?

FatAlice wrote:An' ta shows yers what a kindly ole woman I is I'm givin' yers a little 'int. Look fer the words Rowl and Groar at least one once ever' page. They don' always look the same. Even a zo'd git that now.

Yor
Exile

Re: Rowl or FA News

Post by Yor » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:21 am

Since getting people cured (as well as preventing infection) is part of this storyline I have some news on the Scarmis egg collection front.

Each of the last two afternoons I've been with small groups who went to Ash Scarmis. Each time we managed to defeat the Queen's Chamber but have no eggs to show for it. I think that's rather silly considering the difficulty of the snell and I hope it changes.

Thanks to Mujin-kun, Sor, and J'jh I've been cured but I still hope to check that nest when the opportunities present themselves. There's a great need for these eggs right now, plus it looks like curing people is one way to hurt and weaken Rowl without directly confronting him.

So if anybody needs/wants help checking that nest let me know. I'd be happy to help. :D

Yor

Ootog
Clan Destine

Post by Ootog » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:37 am

Cinnamon wrote:So far the only clue we have is that "Rowl" and/or "Groar" are encrypted on each page, right?

Do we have any other clues?

I think you're making a logical assumption here, Cinnamon. We don't know for sure that the two names are encrypted. In all but page 3, you can at least find one of the two names jumbled. That doesn't mean there's an encryption code necessarily. And Fat Alices hint only suggests that the names won't always appear the same. Again, not exactly saying encryption.

I've tried taking the names out of the pages that had them and seeing if there are any noticeable words from what's left (backwards and forwards) and have found a few words. Have yet to study page 6 much, but noticed that Ayelwn just posted it's content. A quick glance tells me you can get both names from it.
We were never here!!

Fat Alice
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Fat Alice » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:30 am

As the island's gettin' too dangerous, me an' Dee Dee an' Meggs're movin' somewheres safer. We're outta there on (OOC time) Sunday 9 pm Pacific.

There's two pages left fer yers ta buy an' the key page. 35,000 coins fer page 7, 40,000 coins fer page eight an' 45,000 more if'n yers want the key page.

If'n yers cin translate the page 'fore we move then we cin sit down an' 'ave a long chat 'bouts whats in the book.

I'fn yers 'aven't boughts any pages by the time we move then it's too late. Don' start cryin' ta me 'bout 'ow life's unfair. If'n yers don' buy the key page thens I won' be 'elpin' yer wit' the translation.

'ave fun an' remebers ta eat an' git me coins.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:00 am

Ootog wrote:I think you're making a logical assumption here, Cinnamon. We don't know for sure that the two names are encrypted

encrypt: To alter using a secret code so as to be unintelligible to unauthorized parties.

I'm pretty sure the whole darn pages are encrypted. They look like gibberish to me. If you can read them, pls share.

Ootog
Clan Destine

Post by Ootog » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:07 am

Cinnamon wrote:
Ootog wrote:I think you're making a logical assumption here, Cinnamon. We don't know for sure that the two names are encrypted

encrypt: To alter using a secret code so as to be unintelligible to unauthorized parties.

I'm pretty sure the whole darn pages are encrypted. They look like gibberish to me. If you can read them, pls share.

I'm just sayin' let's not get tunnel vison. It's a moot point anyway, cuz Fat Alice's last post all but firms up the encryption theory.

Any idea if we can buy just the key? Cuz what's the point of purchasing pages 7 & 8 if we can't read them. And there's no way we'll muster up that kinda scratch in two days.

Maybe the key is evident in how Fat Alice speaks?
We were never here!!