Puddleby Hollows

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Paramedic
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom
Player Status: Active

Puddleby Hollows

Post by Paramedic » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:50 am

For discussion of the opening of Puddleby Hollows

http://www.thoomcare.com/archives/001646.html

Sutai
Exile

Post by Sutai » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:20 am

Well, unless it's changed since I peeked in, the rotating furniture is a good idea.... however -

I think those people need to invest in a permanent selection of walls. Hard to guess how I'm gonna arrange my place without those.

: B

(I'm hoping to be able to find rare pieces of furniture throughout the world, too! Treasure hunting!)

Shakyamuni
Open Hands
Profession: Healer/Alchemist
Race: Halfling

Post by Shakyamuni » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:33 am

I will not be buying a house till you can store items there...That or I have an alchemist storage bag... And fix the stupid dwarf in the storage lockers.. I hate her...

Oh yeah.. how much experiance does it give?

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King
Race: Sylvan

Post by Stinkfist » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:56 pm

lets see what we have to furnish the homes, crap and a stick. not saying that having your own home is bad, but when there is seriously 8 things to furnish it with, no bookshelves, 1 color of carpet. If more stuff will be added that'd be cool, like footlockers to store stuff in. so apparently when "more stuff will be added" was said, they ment take away some stuff, change a carpet color and add a pot and a woode buraeu. its a huge let down on this one, so unless it gets improved upon i'm stickin with shaky on this and not getting one. here's an idea, have some furnature be able to be made at the wood carver's joint. For shame Fanny Ikean, your wares totally suck.

oh yeah and to not completely bitch, not bad pricing for homes, keep that the same :)
Captain Stinkfist, Pirate King, Disgraced Knight, Former Coin Flipping Champion, Head of the Pirates of Lok'Groton

Kani
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Ranger

Post by Kani » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:48 am

I'd love if the stocking staff managed to rotate the inventory more quickly, or stocked more at once. The current snail's pace (or so it seems) has blown some of my excitement away.
The obstacle is the path.

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by Fundin » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:43 am

I never got round totesting these house things, i mean i wanted a cave anyway :wink:

I do hope we get storage lockers. Out of interest how much do they cost to rent?
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Zeitgeist
Exile
Profession: Bloodmage
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Zeitgeist » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:08 am

Hmmm... the entrance seem to be rather shody workmanship. One wonders if the actual homes are made from wood scavanged from old crates as is the entrance? We do have forests and woodworkers... seems to me a new housing project deserves a quality entrance! :twisted:
Our cookies are now made with real Girl Scouts!

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:05 am

Zeitgeist wrote:Hmmm... the entrance seem to be rather shody workmanship. One wonders if the actual homes are made from wood scavanged from old crates as is the entrance? We do have forests and woodworkers... seems to me a new housing project deserves a quality entrance! :twisted:

Dude that's parquet, and it ain't cheap as far as I know.

Zeitgeist
Exile
Profession: Bloodmage

Post by Zeitgeist » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:42 am

Cinnamon wrote:

Dude that's parquet, and it ain't cheap as far as I know.

No... Nooo, not the flooring!

I'm talking about that falling-over shack that serves as the entrance!! We need a nice little apt. complex with some hanging garden terraces and such to draw the rubes... er ah, tennants. :twisted:
Our cookies are now made with real Girl Scouts!

HWC Sareth
Exile
Location: Out hitting even more critters, so I can become one. heh.

Post by HWC Sareth » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:55 pm

No no no no no!

We need a nice, pleasant garden approaching the door, full of Gaia blessed flowers, trees, song birds, and the occasional bench for contemplation. Current approach to the building looks like something those boring old Dwarves would design.
The result of the deliberations of all collective bodies must necissarily be a compound, as well of the errors and prejudices as of the good sense and wisdom of the individuals of whom they are composed.
-Alexander Hamilton

Baff
Exile

Post by Baff » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:19 pm

And here I thought Elves had designed it. Dwarves would never use the flimsy wood that you forest dancers like so much, its half rotten before you can even finish building something with it. We build with stone so it lasts through our children's children's lifetimes.

I was glad to see some large stones in the furniture store. Now thats something that can give the place a nice homey feel to it!

Neko
Exile

Post by Neko » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:10 pm

It might be usefull to make houses easier for commercial (Bars, Stores, Arenas, Training facilities, Resurants, Bard theaters, ect.) use with a way to let others in.

Maybe if there was another kind of key that would only allow you to enter if some one with an actual key was already inside. Shop keeps and such could offer these to people before opening so that they would have to stand by the door to let people in. (Would also stop pileups if too many people opened at the same time.) Also if GMs decided they want more work :shock: , A npc that works similar to the post office lookup to hand out keys would be very usefull. People could register their building as commercial and it would be added to a list. Then if someone walked up to the "Lookup" NPC and said the name of the bar or the owner they could receive a description about it and be asked if they wanted one of the enrance keys mentioned above. People could have the option of charging for the entrance keys in order to make a profit, although it would probably diminish appeal.

...Just my 53 or so cents.

P.S. Preemptive apologies for bad spelling/grammer (Didn't want to take the time to read back through it.)
-/\/eko

HWC Sareth
Exile
Location: Out hitting even more critters, so I can become one. heh.

Post by HWC Sareth » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:59 pm

WHAT!?!? WHAT!?!?

How could you POSSABLY think Sylvans could be responsable for such an ugly design. Why, there's no graceful, flowing statuary lining the door ways. The walls are so very, very drab. Even the parquet, though pricey, pale in comparison to a nice, well done tile depiction of unclad nymphs dancing during Rites to Gaia. There's no vines curling pleasantly around pillars, no tappestries depicting Sylvan culture...

No, it's so lacking in taste it has to be Dwarven decoration at the very least. F'eng'sh'ui would roll over in her grave at the very thought Sylvans were being blamed for such an eyesore![/img]
The result of the deliberations of all collective bodies must necissarily be a compound, as well of the errors and prejudices as of the good sense and wisdom of the individuals of whom they are composed.
-Alexander Hamilton

Lundar
E'las Loth'mon Ferindril
Profession: Mystic

Post by Lundar » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:05 pm

Baff wrote:And here I thought Elves had designed it. Dwarves would never use the flimsy wood that you forest dancers like so much, its half rotten before you can even finish building something with it.

Yeah, that's because we usually don't usually use dead trees for our houses. What we need are some live trees and flowers to decorate our homes with, and some nice soil and grass for them to go with. That way, we could turn the extra room of the expensive house into a nice garden.

-Lundar

Tinker GM
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Tinker GM » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:49 am

so apparently when "more stuff will be added" was said, they ment take away some stuff, change a carpet color and add a pot and a woode buraeu.

The inventory rotates. For example, there are at least a dozen carpets. Only one truly *new* carpet - the rest are artwork that is already in the game. There's three beds. A small variety of random in-house stuff. Three types of chair. Two tables. The bookcase is still there. There is a wooden wall you can use instead of having to make them out of bookcases. A dresser. ... and a few other bits of furniture - I don't want to give it all away. Anyways, I'll look at the inventory rotation frequency and maybe bump it up a bit.

Hmmm... the entrance seem to be rather shody workmanship.

That's, uh, construction tarps and stuff, leftover from the construction. They'll be gone by the next chaos storm.

Tinker