Music Contest

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Garr
Exile

Music Contest

Post by Garr » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:04 pm

Hello everyone, as some of you may have noticed, over the past few months I have been looking for instrument parts. Well I finally have them, and now it's time to give them away.

I will be holding a contest for musicians. It will be open to everyone, there is no bard or bard questor requirement, but I'm assuming that most entries will be from them.

I have some exiles helping me judge, and They will help me decide on the best piece in each category, There are prizes for evey instrument out there. Bone Flute, Ocarina, Reed Flute, Torjo, Gitor, Starbuck Harp, Conch, Orga Drum, Casserole, Lucky Lyra, Xylo, Vibra, Tuborn, Bagipes, and Violené. There are some extras and these will be given away to runners up, or perhaps as a door prize.

Musicians are allowed to enter as many categories as they want, but please only 1 entry per instrument. You can write a solo, duet or trio, if it is a duet or trio, you must specify which instrument the song will be judged with. The same song cannot be in more the one different category. These rules might change if there are too many entries, or not enough entries.

I ask to please keep true to the Bard Guild rules, and that the music is an original work by you. If I have heard the song before I will probably not give it as high a score as if I had never heard it, so I encourage all you musicians out there to write new music.

I will be accepting entries from now, April 14th, to June 1st. I will be planning a concert for some time after that. The entries will be played, and prizes handed out at the concert.

Please send your entries to me at jeffDOTgansATgmailDOTcom

I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting, so I may be making some changes to this over time. Feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear.

Thanks, and Good Luck.

-Garr
I still hate Erthor!

Root the Red
Fresh off the Boat

How many songs is too many?

Post by Root the Red » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Can a person submit a song in every category?
Do songs submitted in an instrument's category have to be played in that istrument?
Root

Garr
Exile

Re: How many songs is too many?

Post by Garr » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:56 pm

Root the Red wrote:Can a person submit a song in every category?
Do songs submitted in an instrument's category have to be played in that istrument?
Root
Yes you can submit a song in every category, but the instrument must be used in the song if it is to be entered for that category. For example, a song using the Starbuck Harp, the Gitor, and the Orga Drum could be submitted to one of those 3 categories. And please, 1 entry per category.

-Garr
I still hate Erthor!

Root the Red
Fresh off the Boat

Contest Question

Post by Root the Red » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:29 pm

So if we win in that category, we will play our song at the Awards Concert with our shiny new instrument, right?
Root

Garr
Exile

Post by Garr » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:40 pm

I do not have the instruments themselves, only the pieces needed to make the instruments. The songs will be played by available bards.

-Garr
I still hate Erthor!

Root the Red
Fresh off the Boat

Outcome?

Post by Root the Red » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:05 pm

So the competition is over, right? When will the results be known?
Root
ps Sorry for being impatient...

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Post by xepel » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:22 am

Bah! I completely forgot about this.

Looking forward to seeing who *wasn't* a huge procrastinator (like me) and actually got songs in, though...