Arindal Java client to play Clan Lord on a PC

General Clan Lord discussion

Moderator: CL GMs

Haze
Exile

Arindal Java client to play Clan Lord on a PC

Postby Haze » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:31 pm

http://www.arindal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=304

Arindal's Java client is in open alpha.. it works with Clan Lord, too.

When you launch the application, go to the "Optionen" menu, and select "Einstellungen." Click on the "Netzwerk Einstellungen" tab, check the proxy box, and change the server to "server.clanlord.com"

Connect (Datei->Character Wahlen...) and it will download the Clan Lord images/sound file. Then you will connect to Clan Lord.

Seems a little buggy, but I hope this means we'll be able to abandon Basilisk for good soon :)

Intelligentjerk
Exile

Postby Intelligentjerk » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:01 pm

Or you could play Arindal and join me in the quest to conquere all none Americans... either way works.
This sig is owned by Vagile. Anyone changing this sig without Vagile's prior approval may be banned from The Sentinel for a while. PM Vagile for permission to change this sig. Please include what the new sig will be.

TreeBeard
Exile

Postby TreeBeard » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:17 pm

you should seriously try Stand up comedy IJerk.. Im serious!

Icy
Noble
Profession: All
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Inactive

Postby Icy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:03 am

seriously? your serious? sweet

no but really im posting because i get an error....says the current version is v383 you have v38101

Mjollnir
Noble
Profession: Healer/Alchemist
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Postby Mjollnir » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:34 am

Right at +2 every fortnight 38101 is 725 years from now :P
A good pun is its own reword

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Player Status: Active

Postby Fundin » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:27 am

Im thinking they picked up on the fact it could be used on CL and changed something. This arindal update changed from the first one, which did work. You might be lucky and find someone with the old client.

Either that or ask a CL GM, they must be talking with Arindal GM's about when we can get teh java client.
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Postby Cinnamon » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:51 am

It sounds like they've intentionally disallowed it. Could be contract/licensing issue. As much as we have gotten comfortable with a certain level of ownership of CL, hacking in with an unsupported client could cause some nice people serious trouble. :?
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Aldernon
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Postby Aldernon » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:11 pm

I had no trouble setting it up in the last 30 minutes.

It works like a charm...even runs smoothly from work. I'm impressed and concerned that I'll get less work done, yet more clanning...hrm...
-Ald

"Applying epistemological transformations to dismiss information that isn't presently convenient to you is the reason people distrust self-professed intellectuals: because it's bullshit." -Skirwan

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Player Status: Active

Postby Fundin » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:49 pm

I guess icy can try again as they have done 3 updates in 3 days so there will be a new client out again, different from the one you tried.
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Del'Arus
Fresh off the Boat

Postby Del'Arus » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:20 pm

Works fine for me too.

Downloaded the complete CL_Counds file instead of the incremental update, but other than that, worked fine.

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Postby Ann » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:30 am

Delta Tao is pleased to announce that the Java client previously released only for Arindal is now being openly tested for Clan Lord as well. Our thanks to the Arindal team, who are still actively working on this client.

If you need a Java Runtime Environment for your OS, see the Java site. OS X already has one installed, but I don't know why Mac users would want to use the Java client anyway.

To download the Java client itself, first copy your latest CL_Images and CL_Sounds files into a separate folder, then download the Java Webstart (.jnlp) file. Launch it, let it download a few helper files, and when it asks where to save the data files, point it to the folder where you copied them. There is currently no way to change this location later on. (If you don't already have the images and sounds in the folder you tell it, it will download the full files again.)

Please remember that this client is beta software -- maybe even alpha. It definitely has bugs. I know it doesn't work properly in OS 10.3.8 right now, for example, although it is intended to work on Macs, and I've used past versions. You can certainly try it out, and we welcome bug reports to pass along to the Arindal Java developers, but it's definitely not considered official, supported software yet. (The client itself won't mess up your character information, but if you get killed or drop the wrong item or accidentally say "reset me" to Resetus because you're using the Java client, we won't be able to help.)

Enjoy!

Ann

Sielk
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Postby Sielk » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:32 pm

Ann wrote:Delta Tao is pleased to announce that the Java client previously released only for Arindal is now being openly tested for Clan Lord as well. Our thanks to the Arindal team, who are still actively working on this client.

If you need a Java Runtime Environment for your OS, see the Java site. OS X already has one installed, but I don't know why Mac users would want to use the Java client anyway.

To download the Java client itself, first copy your latest CL_Images and CL_Sounds files into a separate folder, then download the Java Webstart (.jnlp) file. Launch it, let it download a few helper files, and when it asks where to save the data files, point it to the folder where you copied them. There is currently no way to change this location later on. (If you don't already have the images and sounds in the folder you tell it, it will download the full files again.)

Please remember that this client is beta software -- maybe even alpha. It definitely has bugs. I know it doesn't work properly in OS 10.3.8 right now, for example, although it is intended to work on Macs, and I've used past versions. You can certainly try it out, and we welcome bug reports to pass along to the Arindal Java developers, but it's definitely not considered official, supported software yet. (The client itself won't mess up your character information, but if you get killed or drop the wrong item or accidentally say "reset me" to Resetus because you're using the Java client, we won't be able to help.)

Enjoy!

Ann

Will this client still be in German? Is there an english version?

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Postby Ann » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:34 pm

The clanlord.jnlp file from that link is in English and connects to Clan Lord.

Odesseus
Rising Claw
Rising Claw

Postby Odesseus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:25 am

Holy crap Ann. You really don't want me to work...

;">
Be nice or I'll eat you. >:"E

Mjollnir
Noble
Profession: Healer/Alchemist
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Postby Mjollnir » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:18 pm

Well i dont know how you managed it Ald the java client works horrably for me.
Its incredably laggy, has very poor macro support and either some commands or some items (i cant tell which) just plain dont work.

How do we go about bug reporting? do we just use /bug in game and the GMs will pass it on or should we be posting on the Arindal forums?
A good pun is its own reword

Return to “Out of Character”