Total votes: 35

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Post by Fundin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:25 am

Whatever happens its good to know your trying, it would be a nice thing to happen should it occour :D
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

HWC Sareth
Exile
Location: Out hitting even more critters, so I can become one. heh.

Post by HWC Sareth » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:03 pm

Thanks Ann.

As you say, it seems unlikely there would be an issue with compatability. But let's say there are a few issues anyway? How hard (legally as well as code-wise) would it be to correct those and get that eindows version adjusted for domestic CL use?
The result of the deliberations of all collective bodies must necissarily be a compound, as well of the errors and prejudices as of the good sense and wisdom of the individuals of whom they are composed.
-Alexander Hamilton

zen
Temple of the Moon
Temple of the Moon

Post by zen » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:16 pm

Just for the record (although I've said this before), I'm 100% behind a Window$ client, or anything else that brings more folks to CL.

As a customer, I'm really grateful when people like Polanna put their energy to trying to improve CL. Her offer is totally awesome, whether it's used by DT or not.

It's the tone some other customers get - demanding, dictating, and threatening - that gets my back up.
Carpe Occultum via scrotum.

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:52 pm

HWC Sareth wrote:As you say, it seems unlikely there would be an issue with compatability. But let's say there are a few issues anyway? How hard (legally as well as code-wise) would it be to correct those and get that eindows version adjusted for domestic CL use?

I wouldn't expect any serious legal problems, although I don't know the details of the contract the Arndal team has with whoever they've hired to port the client. As for technical difficulty, I have no idea, since I haven't seen the any of the Windows code... and never written a Windows app, for that matter.

Ann

Polanna
Exile
Profession: Town Healer
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Polanna » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:50 pm

Thank you for your comments Ann. A lot of what had been written about using the Arindal client was fuzzy about whether it was just "It would be nice" (as most of the comments about the Windows client were/are), or "We're going to try to get it to work." I know you can't promise anything, but you've given me hope. :)

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: Windows Client

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:33 pm

We did get a Windows client, though it didn't bring in a the large population boost that we expected. Probably because no-one knows about the game (advertising!). ;P

Close?
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"