3%
Waste of Time
3%

Total votes: 33

Neko
Exile

Post by Neko » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:56 pm

Ann wrote:"on the list,"

Sweet, I'll stop worrying about it then.

Thanks!
-/\/eko

Connie Crete
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Connie Crete » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:29 am

Neko wrote:

Thanks!

Outta curiosity, how much o an additional balance tax wouldja be willin ta pay fer this feature? 'Specially goin from unarmed ta armed?

Neko
Exile

Post by Neko » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:30 pm

Connie Crete wrote:Outta curiosity, how much o an additional balance tax wouldja be willin ta pay fer this feature? 'Specially goin from unarmed ta armed?

Erm, I would prefer none, especially since when I switch to my bracers I already have to deal with a balance tax. This would be purely a tool for RP and I don't think CL is at a state where taxing RP is a good idea. I do understand the point in added realism, but I think the tax on the acual switching would be enough. I actually think that current tax lasts much longer than it should if we were going for realistic.

[Edit] Phrasing/Grammer [/Edit]
Last edited by Neko on Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-/\/eko

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:50 pm

Neko wrote:
Connie Crete wrote:Outta curiosity, how much o an additional balance tax wouldja be willin ta pay fer this feature? 'Specially goin from unarmed ta armed?

Erm, I would prefer none, especially since when I switch to my bracers I already have to deal with a balance tax. This would be purely a tool for RP and I don't think CL is at a state where taxing RP is a good idea. I do understand the point in added realism, but I think the tax on the acual switching would be enough. I actually think that current tax last longer than it should be be made realistic.

But thats not the CL way! In order for anything good to happen, you have to get shafted by something else first.

Kojiro
Exile
Profession: Champignon
Race: Human
Player Status: Active

Post by Kojiro » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:44 pm

Connie Crete wrote:
Neko wrote:

Thanks!

Outta curiosity, how much o an additional balance tax wouldja be willin ta pay fer this feature? 'Specially goin from unarmed ta armed?

The same that I already pay for going to unarmed. Just, now, you will be able to see it.

How much balance tax would you like to pay in order to see my icon correctly? :-)

Tigger
Violent Fens

Post by Tigger » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:46 pm

Ann wrote:For those icons that do have both, it would be very cool to have the icon change automatically when you wield or put away a weapon, but unfortunately it's technically very awkward.

It would be somewhat easier to make it an /option, which would then also control your cloaked image.
As long as it's macroable, we should be able to create the auto-switching effect ourselves.
Proud member of Violent Fens, Thoomcare Affiliates, and Maximum Coinage!

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:02 pm

Just to be clear, the part that's "on the list" is adding an /option. Automating the switch depending on what you're holding is far more complicated.

Ann

?'Hoo
Fresh off the Boat

Post by ?'Hoo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:28 pm

Ann wrote:Just to be clear, the part that's "on the list" is adding an /option. Automating the switch depending on what you're holding is far more complicated.

Don't worry bout that, Ann, it can be done with macros, or just manually everytime.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:44 pm

I would loathe if it were based on the switch of equipped item/weapon. Going from using bracers/nothing/item -> sword is fine. But it'd be a tad ridiculous if Daimoth took out an axe and it showed a sword.

Options is far more customizable, and if you'd like it to change by /equipping, use a macro.

Nightbird
Exile

Post by Nightbird » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:17 pm

Daimoth wrote:I would loathe if it were based on the switch of equipped item/weapon. Going from using bracers/nothing/item -> sword is fine. But it'd be a tad ridiculous if Daimoth took out an axe and it showed a sword.

Options is far more customizable, and if you'd like it to change by /equipping, use a macro.

I agree 100%

While NB uses weapons in combat, I've really grown to love the "hand to hand" icon set. (Maybe if bracers didn't suck/weren't a waste of ranks this wouldnt be an issue... ahh, but I digress)

Remember.... Choice = Good.
-NB

Curmudgeon
Exile

Post by Curmudgeon » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:48 am

Ann wrote:Just to be clear, the part that's "on the list" is adding an /option. Automating the switch depending on what you're holding is far more complicated.

Yes, /option ! ;)

While I usually walk around uncloaked, I'd like to switch between axe-icon when wielding one, and non-axe-icon when using the dagger or gossamer or whatever.

And cloaked, this "dagger" just looks strange when I actually wield my beloved axe :)

And then I prefer showing empty hands over a wrong weapon.

--Curmudgeon

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan

Re: Move armed/unarmed to /options.

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:34 pm

We did get it in /options, hurray!

Close?
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Kerrah
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Champion
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Kerrah » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:40 pm

xepel, in this and it looks like 17,000 other threads tonight wrote: Close?
Heyyyy look who's even more bored than me on a Friday night!

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:49 pm

Kerrah wrote:
Heyyyy look who's even more bored than me on a Friday night!
Closing these threads was what I suggested I do in the "Fix the Sentinel" thread... which everyone seemed to object to. So my "last resort" is to just bump threads. ;P

Better than just posting to add to my post count (look above ;P).

(I'm done for now, too, found something better to do!)
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Raul
Noble

Post by Raul » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:19 pm

xepel wrote:
Kerrah wrote:
Better than just posting to add to my post count/quote]
yeah right