Armor should not wear while fallen.

Moderator: CL GMs

Agoob
Fresh off the Boat
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:52 am
Profession: Champion
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Inactive

Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Agoob » Fri May 28, 2010 10:38 am

I just fell in the Lava pool in the dark temple on Ash. About a minute after I fell, I got the message: * Your iron breastplate looks less effective. Of course, I unequipped all of my armor after that.

Is there any way this can be changed?

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:04 pm
Location: Fairgrounds
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Eldon » Fri May 28, 2010 10:58 am

Agoob wrote:I just fell in the Lava pool in the dark temple on Ash. About a minute after I fell, I got the message: * Your iron breastplate looks less effective. Of course, I unequipped all of my armor after that.

Is there any way this can be changed?
Why do you think it's unacceptable that armor should wear after you're fallen if you're taking damage, especially if it's helping you to take less damage?
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

User avatar
Alces
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Posts: 1731
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:36 am
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human
Player Status: Inactive
Location: So Cal, USA
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Alces » Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am

Plus...you know...lava. :wink:

J/K bro, that's uber frustrating.

In theory, one could write a macro to auto unequip armor that would trigger whenever "Agoob has fallen" appears in the text log, yes?
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

User avatar
xepel
Trainer
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:20 pm
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by xepel » Fri May 28, 2010 11:56 am

Eldon wrote:
Agoob wrote:I just fell in the Lava pool in the dark temple on Ash. About a minute after I fell, I got the message: * Your iron breastplate looks less effective. Of course, I unequipped all of my armor after that.

Is there any way this can be changed?
Why do you think it's unacceptable that armor should wear after you're fallen if you're taking damage, especially if it's helping you to take less damage?
I don't believe that the lava pool deals damage to you after you fall.
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Agoob
Fresh off the Boat
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:52 am
Profession: Champion
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Inactive

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Agoob » Fri May 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Eldon wrote:Why do you think it's unacceptable that armor should wear after you're fallen if you're taking damage, especially if it's helping you to take less damage?
I actually didn't realise that lava damaged you while fallen. If it is helping you to take less damage, then having it wear does make sense.

It seemed like a bug to me at the time.

Talin
Noble
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:13 pm
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Talin » Fri May 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Eldon wrote:
Agoob wrote:I just fell in the Lava pool in the dark temple on Ash. About a minute after I fell, I got the message: * Your iron breastplate looks less effective. Of course, I unequipped all of my armor after that.

Is there any way this can be changed?
Why do you think it's unacceptable that armor should wear after you're fallen if you're taking damage, especially if it's helping you to take less damage?
Especially when the surrounding is normally not damaging you? Lava is not damaging a fallen to becoming more fallen. So what his the armor exactly blocking? The non-damage that would damage if the fallen would be non-fallen? And dont you dare changing that to the fallens becoming more fallen in lava now! :evil:

Eirian
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:29 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active
Location: The Plains
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Eirian » Fri May 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Talin wrote: Especially when the surrounding is normally not damaging you? Lava is not damaging a fallen to becoming more fallen. So what his the armor exactly blocking? The non-damage that would damage if the fallen would be non-fallen? And dont you dare changing that to the fallens becoming more fallen in lava now! :evil:
So is it currently damaging after you fall or not? Because some creatures can damage you more after you fall, making you harder to heal, and I can imagine that happening with lava. Not suggesting it though! :)
6/9/10 9:38:37a Eirian Caldwell has fallen to a Dragonfly.
4/14/15 8:53:57p Geotzou says, "i am very patient, except if i have to wait."

Talin
Noble
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:13 pm
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Talin » Fri May 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Eirian wrote:
Talin wrote: Especially when the surrounding is normally not damaging you? Lava is not damaging a fallen to becoming more fallen. So what his the armor exactly blocking? The non-damage that would damage if the fallen would be non-fallen? And dont you dare changing that to the fallens becoming more fallen in lava now! :evil:
So is it currently damaging after you fall or not? Because some creatures can damage you more after you fall, making you harder to heal, and I can imagine that happening with lava. Not suggesting it though! :)
Lava does not damage a fallen more, but it seems it damages armor more. Logic as per Eldon. It does give a new fallen message, though, maybe that is his "excuse". Say you fall to an eme tok'han, the fallen message is eme tok'han of course. You are chained over lava, the fallen message changes to showing you as fallen to a lava pool. But again, laying in lava pool for days does NOT change your fallen level, so it does not damage you more when fallen. CL logic yeah! Again, dont GMs dare let fallens get more fallen by lava :twisted: Fallens are just enjoying a relaxing onsen!

User avatar
Magnic
Exile
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:11 am
Profession: Fighter
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Austraila
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Magnic » Fri May 28, 2010 8:27 pm

armor should stay the way it is now, if you want changes your just gonna make it worse.
Vagile wrote:I've had to remove your sig. If it happens again, you're out for a while.
THEN FUCKING DISABLE IT!
ITS NOT FUCKING HARD TO DO, I KNOW IVE DONE IT BEFORE MY SELF.
NOT THAT IT USES ANY FUCKING BANWITH BECUASE IT LOADS FROM OTHER SITES, FUCKING N00B.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:04 pm
Location: Fairgrounds
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Eldon » Sat May 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Talin wrote:Lava does not damage a fallen more, but it seems it damages armor more. Logic as per Eldon. It does give a new fallen message, though, maybe that is his "excuse".
Thanks for the attitude. Bite me.

Lava, depending on where you are in the game, most certainly does hurt you if you're lying on it and fallen. There's a flag we can set to prevent that, but it's not set in lava pits everywhere.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:04 pm
Location: Fairgrounds
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Eldon » Sat May 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Eirian wrote:So is it currently damaging after you fall or not? Because some creatures can damage you more after you fall, making you harder to heal, and I can imagine that happening with lava. Not suggesting it though! :)
Depends on what flags we put in the lava mask.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

User avatar
xepel
Trainer
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:20 pm
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by xepel » Sat May 29, 2010 2:14 pm

Eldon wrote:Lava, depending on where you are in the game, most certainly does hurt you if you're lying on it and fallen. There's a flag we can set to prevent that, but it's not set in lava pits everywhere.
The issue is: Does the lava on Ash hurt you while fallen? (I presume not, it damages very quickly and yet being fallen there for a while does not make you PND.)
And so: Since the lava is not hurting you, armor is not protecting you, so why should armor wear while you are fallen there?
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:04 pm
Location: Fairgrounds
Contact:

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Eldon » Sat May 29, 2010 2:56 pm

xepel wrote:The issue is: Does the lava on Ash hurt you while fallen? (I presume not, it damages very quickly and yet being fallen there for a while does not make you PND.)
And so: Since the lava is not hurting you, armor is not protecting you, so why should armor wear while you are fallen there?
I don't know. If it doesn't and armor still wears there, then that's a /bug and not a design decision.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Grapthars Hammer
Fresh off the Boat
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:46 am
Profession: Fighter
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Spambot

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Grapthars Hammer » Sat May 29, 2010 3:20 pm

Eldon wrote:
Thanks for the attitude. Bite me.
This from a Clan Lord GM. I have to ask myself which attitude is worse? I am soooo out of this game now.
Congratulations, another player is now gone. Good luck, and goodbye.

Natas
Fresh off the Boat
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:16 am

Re: Armor should not wear while fallen.

Post by Natas » Sat May 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Im soo quitting too!

Post Reply