Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Dust Collector
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Pebbles Spam

Post by Nunul » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:43 am

Quite the talkative NPC in the Temple. It this a permanent thing or will she be changed to a bumpable NPC (or whispers?)
BACON!

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko

Re: Pebbles Spam

Post by Lorikeet » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:41 am

Since the purpose seems to be to catch newcomers, I imagine that's why it's so spammy. I would assume it's to give them a sun pebble. I thought you never went in the temple to check your rank anyway <g>.

Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Nunul » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:59 am

I dunno. Noobs start with clubs and purses in their packs. Reason for there to be a NPC with a "sponsor" type of transaction for a pebble?
BACON!

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan

Post by xepel » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:04 am

Nunul wrote:I dunno. Noobs start with clubs and purses in their packs. Reason for there to be a NPC with a "sponsor" type of transaction for a pebble?
A quest?

Aren't you one of the people against 'something for nothing' (such as starting with it free)? At least they have to do something to get the sunpebble this way.
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Nunul » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:12 am

xepel wrote:
Nunul wrote:I dunno. Noobs start with clubs and purses in their packs. Reason for there to be a NPC with a "sponsor" type of transaction for a pebble?
A quest?

Aren't you one of the people against 'something for nothing' (such as starting with it free)? At least they have to do something to get the sunpebble this way.
Yes, yes I am. I am all for making it a quest. But if it is simply a NPC spamming to have another exile to walk in with you, I would prefer it simply be given to the noob.

Just making an observation. Spamming NPCs are not a Good Thing.
BACON!

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Nunul wrote:Spamming NPCs are not a Good Thing.
It's on my To Do list to add a few more pauses in there.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Nunul » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Eldon wrote:
Nunul wrote:Spamming NPCs are not a Good Thing.
It's on my To Do list to add a few more pauses in there.
Noticed that it seems to be a proximity thing today (I could be mistaken), which is much better IMHO.
Thanks Eldon!
BACON!

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Sat May 01, 2010 8:09 pm

Nunul wrote:Noticed that it seems to be a proximity thing today (I could be mistaken), which is much better IMHO.
Thanks Eldon!
You're welcome. I'm not sure it'll accomplish what's needed now since newbies have to get closer to her (as opposed to being greeted by her when they pop out of the newbie walk), but maybe other folks can steer newer exiles to Pebbles.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Magnic
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Magnic » Sat May 01, 2010 10:11 pm

eh maybe should be in newbie place?
Vagile wrote:I've had to remove your sig. If it happens again, you're out for a while.
THEN FUCKING DISABLE IT!
ITS NOT FUCKING HARD TO DO, I KNOW IVE DONE IT BEFORE MY SELF.
NOT THAT IT USES ANY FUCKING BANWITH BECUASE IT LOADS FROM OTHER SITES, FUCKING N00B.

Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Nunul » Sun May 02, 2010 6:06 am

Eldon wrote:
Nunul wrote:Noticed that it seems to be a proximity thing today (I could be mistaken), which is much better IMHO.
Thanks Eldon!
You're welcome. I'm not sure it'll accomplish what's needed now since newbies have to get closer to her (as opposed to being greeted by her when they pop out of the newbie walk), but maybe other folks can steer newer exiles to Pebbles.
I dunno. You walk out of the creation area and appear right next to her. Also, it couldn't hurt for a FOTBN to bump into the various town NPCs. The game is a lot to absorb to someone completely new even without think bubbles appearing. With that said, it may actually be better for a brand new player to not have think bubbles appearing until the get a grasp of the basics. Anyhoo, IMHO it's set nicely as-is. :)

edit: you could always give a log's-worth of XP to an older exile that steers a noob to it. Of course you'd have to limit it to 1 XP pulse per account helped out to prevent abuse.
BACON!