14%

Total votes: 22

Mjollnir
Noble
Profession: Healer/Alchemist
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Mjollnir » Tue May 04, 2004 11:17 am

No that would be far too useful, how about for every rank you want to get deleted it deletes 1 or more other ranks randomly aswell :D

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Wed May 05, 2004 4:42 am

Zeitgeist wrote:Interesting... reading the other thread on the decay rate. I'm sure I've lost as many as 3 ranks in a few hours... and then I've also taken days to loose a rank.

Is it purely random?

I had thought that it was tied to the frequency that the ranks were gained. For arguement's sake, it takes 6 months for a rank to decay. If after being in the lib for a week you get 3 Goss ranks in 10 minutes. Six months later those 3 ranks are ready to decay.

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Post by Fundin » Wed May 05, 2004 9:42 am

Cinnamon wrote:
Zeitgeist wrote:Interesting... reading the other thread on the decay rate. I'm sure I've lost as many as 3 ranks in a few hours... and then I've also taken days to loose a rank.

Is it purely random?

I had thought that it was tied to the frequency that the ranks were gained. For arguement's sake, it takes 6 months for a rank to decay. If after being in the lib for a week you get 3 Goss ranks in 10 minutes. Six months later those 3 ranks are ready to decay.

Cinnamon might be right, ive had totally random decay also.
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Thu May 06, 2004 5:46 am

What I would like to see is a maximum % of total ranks that can decay, regarless of what player defined /lock there may be. Somewhere around 30% requiring a minimum of 50 ranks sounds good to me. So, if you have 30 ranks they could all decay, but if you have 50 ranks you've demonstrated some sort of commitment and only 15 will decay.

This is inline with the CL philosophy of not losing experience. You never forget everything.

zen
Temple of the Moon
Temple of the Moon

Post by zen » Thu May 06, 2004 6:53 am

Cinnamon wrote:What I would like to see is a maximum % of total ranks that can decay, regarless of what player defined /lock there may be. Somewhere around 30% requiring a minimum of 50 ranks sounds good to me. So, if you have 30 ranks they could all decay, but if you have 50 ranks you've demonstrated some sort of commitment and only 15 will decay.

This is inline with the CL philosophy of not losing experience. You never forget everything.

Just to clarify for those who aren't as familiar with weapons training stuff...you don't actually LOSE exp, the rank decays and exp gets transferred to whatever non-weapon training you've changed to.

Which makes no sense at all, but keeps the training system within the philosophy of 'you don't lose exp'.
Carpe Occultum via scrotum.

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan

Re: Could we have a lock command for Goss, Fell and BloodBlades

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Another lock thread that can be /locked and put into the closed suggestion box. ;)

Thanks again for putting it in!
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Re: Could we have a lock command for Goss, Fell and BloodBlades

Post by Daimoth » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks a million, Slartage.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.