Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Re: Copper Ingots for building.

Post by Hoggle » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:32 pm

YOINK!
Garr wrote:Just curious, not planning to donate these, but are Judder and Tremolite also included in this?

-Garr
I'd hope not.

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan

Post by xepel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:38 pm

Judder and Tremolite are delicate metals which require a fine hand to work. Why we give them to Hendrux is beyond me, that savage.... but we're definitely not giving them to any such "builder"!

They're no good for building, just instrument making. They should stay that way!
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Hoggle
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Hoggle » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:46 pm

grr.. double post.. i cant delete it now

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:54 am

xepel wrote:Judder and Tremolite are delicate metals which require a fine hand to work. Why we give them to Hendrux is beyond me, that savage.... but we're definitely not giving them to any such "builder"!

They're no good for building, just instrument making. They should stay that way!
I thought about it, but I figured that might cause dismay. So, no, special ore can't be donated to builders. But, I think Junko still accepts them. ;)
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Garr
Exile

Post by Garr » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:07 am

So another point that may actually be an abuse of the system would be that the fact that turning copper ore into a copper ingot is so much easier to do than say turning iron ore into an iron ingot, are they still worth the same? as I assume that an iron ingot is worth considerably more than iron ore.

-Garr
I still hate Erthor!

Hoggle
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Hoggle » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:11 am

Who donates Iron metal anyways? I think the whole point is that copper/gold will be a good donateable(if that was a word) after this gets put in, not really an abuse. Log/stone is getting 60 coins now.. maybe copper ingots will fetch 200 coins during this era of the great build-offs... who knows.

I do hope later they do get tweaked though. Like 4 copper is worth 2 tin is worth 1 gold as far as donation value goes. This could help fix our crazy system now where gold is worthless at times.

I have no idea what iron ore is in relation to iron metal, Is it that much of a difference? What about iron ore vs normal stone?

Maybe some will hate me for this, but maybe copper should have a slightly greater chance at randomly not refining?

One final thing to piss Eldon off, maybe a few storms down the road when copper/tin/gold isn't successfully refined we could get stone back?

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:47 am

Hoggle wrote:One final thing to piss Eldon off, maybe a few storms down the road when copper/tin/gold isn't successfully refined we could get stone back?
That's easy to do. Just remind me to do it.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Shadrock
Nacerean Order
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Sylvan

Post by Shadrock » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:15 pm

Eldon wrote:
Hoggle wrote:One final thing to piss Eldon off, maybe a few storms down the road when copper/tin/gold isn't successfully refined we could get stone back?
That's easy to do. Just remind me to do it.
Since it's easy to do, are we reminding you now, or reminding you later?
Gorvin wrote:It's official: Shadrock > Michael.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 am

Shadrock wrote:Since it's easy to do, are we reminding you now, or reminding you later?
No need now. It'll be in for the next update. Enjoy!
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:45 am

Thanks Eldon.
This sig pic removed by Vagile