Alternate Route into Town from Ocean

Moderator: CL GMs

Should there be another way to land on Puddlby Island?

Yes
91%
No
9%
I don't care
No votes

Total votes: 23

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Alternate Route into Town from Ocean

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:47 pm

So...we were on Metz when the Darshak invasion occurred. We headed to Puddleby, killed all the warships in the ocean on the way, and then...it was too full to get through the west entrance. The choice was land and depart, or not land. I think there should be another way to land on Puddleby--maybe another boat landing a little north, where you would have a chance to make it to the library or join in the battle.

Gremlins
Fenix Fire
Fenix Fire
Profession: Fallen
Race: Ghorak Zo

Re: Alternate Route into Town from Ocean

Post by Gremlins » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:43 pm

I guess the castle which is building south might be a good place to get some additional landing place. And eventually get some underground way from the castle to reach tc underground…
Chum wrote:Do not attempt to apply logic to matters regarding Clan Lord; it'll just drive you nuts... ;)

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Daimoth » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:30 pm

Gremlins wrote:I guess the castle which is building south might be a good place to get some additional landing place. And eventually get some underground way from the castle to reach tc underground…
I was thinking that too. But it could be hard to differentiate between whether you're landing on the Puddleby docks or on the castle docks, as they're on the same part of the island basically.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:29 am

Yeah, I was wondering how you guys would get back.... A landing as part of the castle would rock.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Gremlins
Fenix Fire
Fenix Fire

Post by Gremlins » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:42 am

Daimoth wrote:
Gremlins wrote:I guess the castle which is building south might be a good place to get some additional landing place. And eventually get some underground way from the castle to reach tc underground…
I was thinking that too. But it could be hard to differentiate between whether you're landing on the Puddleby docks or on the castle docks, as they're on the same part of the island basically.
Maybe then getting an intermediate snell with 2 eastern exits, one for the west town dock, one for the castle dock ?

something like that: (<>: both way, >: 1 way to avoid not paying the boat fare ;-) )
...........<> ___________________ <> West town
Ocean <> Intermediate snell |
...........<> ___________________ > Castle
Chum wrote:Do not attempt to apply logic to matters regarding Clan Lord; it'll just drive you nuts... ;)

J'nder
Exile
Race: Human

Post by J'nder » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:34 am

A dock on South beach would be a good idea.
J'nder - J'Team & OWE

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Lorikeet » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:09 am

Or a dock on the north beach. At least it would be far away.

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan

Post by xepel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:21 am

I agree with this. The Castle entrance would be more on the SSW side of Puddleby Island, and can lead to that outcropping of rock which currently takes a bunch of PF to get to (though could be cleared out, I suppose!). Connecting the Castle to the Underground is also a great idea - the underground is really the way exiles get around in times of invasions. It also gives us another option - to go from TC to the Castle, and then strike out from there, possibly hitting the flank of any Darshak or other invasion.

Plus, the Castle is being built up right now anyway, gives another good thing to be built there!
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Lorikeet » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am

Pengy did mention last night in the Fairgrounds that he had a fix in mind. I don't know if it will be a temporary or a permanent fix, but it will be nice to have an alternative whatever it is.

Pengy
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Pengy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:18 am

Permanent alternative 99% likely to go in very soon.

Gremlins
Fenix Fire
Fenix Fire

Post by Gremlins » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:19 am

Pengy wrote:Permanent alternative 99% likely to go in very soon.
That's very good news. Thanks

Fogtripper
Noble
Profession: Walker of Ether
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Fogtripper » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:20 pm

I would be cool if IC we could land at both N and S beaches, depending on tides.

Brune
Noble

Post by Brune » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:46 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of north coast (fringe), south coast (dunes), or east coast (past the passes).

But a closer dock works too.

I wonder what Pengy has in mind...

Taryn
Exile

Post by Taryn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:02 pm

The reason why people want to go to town when they are finished hunting is to go to the library (or equivalent), right?

If that's the case, it would be sufficient to have another library (or equivalent) on another island. We should have a backup settlement elsewhere anyways, in as much as we're being driven off of Puddleby ....

And remember, there are many safe places to stop clanning outside of town. You just don't get lib-exp in most of them.

Taryn.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Lorikeet » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Taryn wrote:The reason why people want to go to town when they are finished hunting is to go to the library (or equivalent), right?

If that's the case, it would be sufficient to have another library (or equivalent) on another island. We should have a backup settlement elsewhere anyways, in as much as we're being driven off of Puddleby ....

And remember, there are many safe places to stop clanning outside of town. You just don't get lib-exp in most of them.

Taryn.
You missed the point. Some people may want to go to the library, but other people want to participate. Of course there are safe places to stop clanning. And yes, they have no experience. Why should people be penalized for their timing on a hunt? If there's a two- or three-hour monumental battle taking place why can't there be another way for people to join?