Add alternate Zo sprite

Moderator: CL GMs

Should the alternate Zo sprite be added to Clan Lord?

Yes!
55%
Yes.
11%
Yes?
13%
No.
21%

Total votes: 53

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Re: Add alternate Zo sprite

Post by Skirwan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Addition, definitely. All I'm asking for is another choice in the pick-your-sprite building in the fairgrounds.

I wasn't aware a female version existed. I only know about this one because someone sent it to me.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Dust Collector
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Post by Nunul » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Shadrock wrote:I think that an addition is always better than a replacement. You're always going to piss someone off when you replace something.
Pretty much this. More choices is always good.

I certainly hope we are not preventing choices due to storage space at this point.
BACON!

Ayella
E'las Loth'mon Ferindril
Profession: Pain in the Butt
Race: Sylvan

Post by Ayella » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Shadrock wrote:I think that an addition is always better than a replacement. You're always going to piss someone off when you replace something.
You mean like when they replaced the female Zo sprite with the current constipated one? Of course, the female Zo player base is so small as it is...
With unabashed glee,
She'd make poor men ponder: "F'nord."

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:32 pm

“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Skirwan wrote:The Arindal folks have a spiffy alternate sprite for male Zo. Any chance of getting it added to Clan Lord?
I tested this on my test server today and the first pose is off. I see the color line above the head. Please correct and email it to me, but I probably can't get it in this update.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:41 am

Eldon wrote:
Skirwan wrote:The Arindal folks have a spiffy alternate sprite for male Zo. Any chance of getting it added to Clan Lord?
I tested this on my test server today and the first pose is off. I see the color line above the head. Please correct and email it to me, but I probably can't get it in this update.
There's a flag that indicates whether an image has those palette spots and allows for recoloring. It's bit 15 of the flags section of the PDf5 resource to me, but I assume your tools probably just have a checkbox for it somewhere.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:45 am

Skirwan wrote:There's a flag that indicates whether an image has those palette spots and allows for recoloring. It's bit 15 of the flags section of the PDf5 resource to me, but I assume your tools probably just have a checkbox for it somewhere.
I'm fairly sure I had that checked, but I can verify. What it usually means is that the GIF is off by a pixel or two.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:01 am

Eldon wrote:
Skirwan wrote:There's a flag that indicates whether an image has those palette spots and allows for recoloring. It's bit 15 of the flags section of the PDf5 resource to me, but I assume your tools probably just have a checkbox for it somewhere.
I'm fairly sure I had that checked, but I can verify. What it usually means is that the GIF is off by a pixel or two.
Dimensions still look right to me.

544 x 103 = ( 34 * 16 ) x ( 34 * 3 + 1 )

Alces
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human

Post by Alces » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:32 pm

There are rumors flying around that the new Zo icon has been added...!

Bump for PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Alces wrote:There are rumors flying around that the new Zo icon has been added...!

Bump for PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Shhh! It's a Skirwan Zo Quest. I want to see how long it takes him to find out. :)
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Okay, first off, thanks. As soon as I have the time to clan I'll be switching my icon and I may even be moved to sing your praises.

Second, and at the risk of repeating myself:
WHEN YOU ADD NEW FEATURES TO YOUR PRODUCT, INFORM YOUR CUSTOMERS!
You do not win over customers by hiding your selling points. Good things should not be secrets.

Banner ads would be great, Largo in a Thoom costume would be hilarious, but marketing starts with engaging with the market and telling customers and potential customers what you're doing. Brag a little, it doesn't hurt!

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:12 pm

You're welcome. Sorry it took so long.
Skirwan wrote:Second, and at the risk of repeating myself:
You do not win over customers by hiding your selling points. Good things should not be secrets.
It was on my list to do. But, I had a slight problem with refunded Forgus ranks that I figured players would consider higher on the priority list. That was yesterday and all last night. Today's the first day I've had to think about other things.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Alces
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human

Post by Alces » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:16 pm

NEYW- We demand nothing less than Omnipresence/Omniscience/Omnipotence in our GMs.

:wink:
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

noivad
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:41 pm

Skirwan wrote:Okay, first off, thanks. As soon as I have the time to clan I'll be switching my icon and I may even be moved to sing your praises.

Second, and at the risk of repeating myself:

Banner ads would be great, Largo in a Thoom costume would be hilarious, but marketing starts with engaging with the market and telling customers and potential customers what you're doing. Brag a little, it doesn't hurt!
First off, cool beans -- this is a long time overdue, and a welcome change. Second Skirwan here's a tip,
WHEN SAYING "THANK YOU" DO NOT BERATE THE GMS
it discourages them. This isn't a huge deal changer, and while notice would have been appreciated, it wasn't as important as a goss nerf happening.

In short you're acting like a jerk when a good thing is happening.

PS this suggestion can be moved to the closed Suggestions.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:12 pm

Noivad, you're right, my comment was ill-expressed and ill-timed. I apologize.

Eldon, what I was trying to say wasn't that you should have told me, but that this is the sort of thing that belongs in the update release notes and news. The Forgus revamp too. When you don't inform the players of the work you've done to improve the game, that work is wasted. It would require very little effort to mention such improvements in the normal channels, e.g., "A new icon is available for male Ghorak Zo in the fairgrounds" or "The refining and forging systems have been redesigned in an attempt to make them more desirable skills for main characters, for full details read the Sentinel". We both know you work hard, and not taking this relatively easy step to maximize the outcome of your efforts does a disservice to the game and to yourself.