Bandoliers and bottles

Moderator: CL GMs

Bakunan
Exile

Post by Bakunan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:10 pm

Eldon wrote:
Lorikeet wrote:I seem to be missing all kinds of sarcasm these days...

I missed it too.

I missed it too, because my post wasn't ironic or sarcastic, just an odd way of looking at things. And from your responses, not particularly funny. :cry: But I think I understand where you are coming from. With all of the posts that include a manifesto as the signature (*cough*Zynx*cough*), it would be easy enough to think that some of the extras are irrelevant.

For my original post, I had the "shocked" emoticon, then the Cinnamon quote that was relevant to the "shock". In this case, that Eldon would follow Cinnamon's suggestion to allow exiles to piss in bottles.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:20 pm

/usei anti ? gives "* Your antivenom bandolier can hold up to 8 purple antivenoms, green antivenoms, yellow antivenoms, bottles and bottles of water."

but...

/usei anti /add bottle gives " * You can’t put a bottle into your antivenom bandolier."

Sigh

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:34 pm

Lorikeet wrote:/usei anti ? gives "* Your antivenom bandolier can hold up to 8 purple antivenoms, green antivenoms, yellow antivenoms, bottles and bottles of water."

but...

/usei anti /add bottle gives " * You can’t put a bottle into your antivenom bandolier."

Sigh

Hrmm...I'll check it out. Odd.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Theo
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Theo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:49 pm

You also can't put Bottles of Water into a Water Breathing Potion Bandolier, but it still takes regular Bottles.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:16 pm

Well, thanks to some testing by some brave volunteers, I've discovered that newer Bandoliers work just fine. But, if you already own one, it doesn't update its existing data with the new bottle-holding ability (which is actually a GOOD thing since that's where it stores what it's currently holding.)

We're working on it. The worse case is that next update will have an NPC that simply swaps out an empty bandolier for a new one. But, we're looking to try something more elegant, but the NPC is a worse case.

Thanks for your patience.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: Bandoliers and bottles

Post by xepel » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:02 pm

All the new bandoliers should hold bottles and bottles of water fine now.

Close?
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"