New Fighter tests

Moderator: CL GMs

Add new fighter tests before the next update?

Hell yes! We want more tests and we want them now!
47%
Meh.
24%
No, I can wait.
29%

Total votes: 34

Elise
Exile

Post by Elise » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:47 am

Hoggle wrote:Also, I have constantly chimed in about how vanilla fighters need something to use fighter spirit on.
Shieldstone?

I'm not really sure why vanilla fighters should be using spirit, but perhaps I'm thinking of some other land where fighters don't usually do magic.

There have been times when having just one thing (spirit) that covers sun, moon and earth power seemed a bit limiting to me. Perhaps separating these things out is a way to break some of the design deadlocks, like why Champions can't have decent respia. A champion might for example have the opportunity to train sun-respia, while not earth-respia, making quick and easy recharge for shieldstone a possibility while still keeping the laval cloak an infrequent thing -- they use different spirit pools.

Elise

Elise
Exile

Post by Elise » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:51 am

Hoggle wrote:I think we really need to consider benefits that GO AWAY when you subclass..
Aren't non-subclassed fighters that way because they believe that spending time on non-core trainers just makes you weak? It seems like we lose something already.

Elise

Elise
Exile

Post by Elise » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:03 am

Daimoth wrote:
Elise wrote:Messages like that don't make me want to come back.
Then there must not be much at all that makes you want to come back. If Kerrah calling a snert an idiot is preventing you.
One of the chief things that attracts me to the lands is the civility of the other people there. That is, Puddleby is much nicer to be in than your average run of the mill fantasy game, just because people are much nicer.

Some people, however, clearly don't agree with me. Happily, there is /ignore for extreme cases.

Elise

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Post by Daimoth » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:47 am

Elise wrote:Some people, however, clearly don't agree with me. Happily, there is /ignore for extreme cases.

Pointing out that another is detrimental to the community is an extreme case? If so, I can only point out your hypocrisy as you just did it yourself.

The CL community is small. Tiny. If you're going to let something as insignificant as this come between you and your involvement with another player, then the next time I see Elise I'll expect to see a tattoo on her face designating her expiration date.

That being said, if you can overlook such a MONSTROUS offense on Kerrah's part, I'm sure we wouldn't mind having you over for tea.

Icy
Noble
Profession: All
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Icy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:46 pm

Elise wrote:One of the chief things that attracts me to the lands is the civility of the other people there. That is, Puddleby is much nicer to be in than your average run of the mill fantasy game, just because people are much nicer.

Some people, however, clearly don't agree with me. Happily, there is /ignore for extreme cases.

Elise
I dont respect you.

Icy
3/3/15 9:27:45a Icy has fallen to a Rat.

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:53 am

Icy wrote:
Elise wrote:One of the chief things that attracts me to the lands is the civility of the other people there. That is, Puddleby is much nicer to be in than your average run of the mill fantasy game, just because people are much nicer.

Elise
I dont respect you.

Icy
I am the opinion of a no talent snert keeps her awake at night.

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: New Fighter tests

Post by xepel » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:04 pm

7th and 8th are here. (9th and 10th MIA, but low priority I bet, and not really the topic of this thread.)

Close?
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"