Land Equivalent of GCP, only worse!

Moderator: CL GMs

Noseeums?

Yes, and keep em invisible!
4%
Yes, but i wanna be able to see em (see above).
18%
Let me think about it.
4%
No, because I hate GCP and I will hate this too!
54%
No! (for other reasons)
21%

Total votes: 28

Zynx
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Land Equivalent of GCP, only worse!

Post by Zynx » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:19 pm

Heya Folks

The Noseeum!

Its pict would either be a black dot or nothing (like a Ghastly Presence) and it would swarm folks like GCP do. The upside would be that these little critters would be seasonal, appearing only in spring (like it is ooc). Also, they would so slightly less damage than a GCP. They would be rare or non-existant in certain places, like forests and caves and rocky areas, more common in fields and open places and quite common in area bordering marshes (but not in actual marshes).

The above is my version, please feel free to suggest edits to this idea.

SDC!

Zynx
Frog wrote:so he is better than me at something. :(

Leinis
Exile

Post by Leinis » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:31 pm

They are called leeches.
Crius yells, "We've got a situation here! There's a vampire cat!"

Sala Dragon
Exile

Post by Sala Dragon » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:24 pm

Woo! Been a while since you've posted a suggestion Zynx ;). These three are uh.. not winners (especially this one, other two are OK, but kinda blasé). Keep shot gunning away!

(Half sarcastic / half not)

Connie Crete
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Connie Crete » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:25 am

Anybudy got a wayback-machine fer Zynx ta see Michael's battles with vermines?

Michael
Trainer

Re: Land Equivalent of GCP, only worse!

Post by Michael » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:03 am

Zynx wrote:Heya Folks

The Noseeum!

Its pict would either be a black dot or nothing (like a Ghastly Presence) and it would swarm folks like GCP do. The upside would be that these little critters would be seasonal, appearing only in spring (like it is ooc). Also, they would so slightly less damage than a GCP. They would be rare or non-existant in certain places, like forests and caves and rocky areas, more common in fields and open places and quite common in area bordering marshes (but not in actual marshes).

The above is my version, please feel free to suggest edits to this idea.

SDC!

Zynx
Big suprise, another sucktastic idea from Zynx.

In case you havent figured it out yet, critters that ignore exile training to luck hit you to death are not fun. CL has enough unfun things, we dont need to waste time adding new ones to make things suck more.

In fact GCP are exactly the kind of unfun thing that shouldnt even exist in the first place, along with junk spawns. The whole idea of having to wade through slaughters to get to the good stuff is an idea that needs to go.

Kerrah
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Champion
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Kerrah » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:41 am

Leinis wrote:They are called leeches.

...Um. Except for the fact that leeches are typically only found in marsh areas, since, you know, leeches live in marshy/swampy areas and don't typically survive on land.

Either way. People hate plankton. Why would you want a species that lives on land that people hate? Just what I want, is to stroll along to the Valley or the cloud and get overcome by a swarm of pests that are utterly worthless and make me fall. Yeah. That's going to get me out of the library more often.

I guess I just don't see what your point is, Zynx.

Glad you're putting more thought into your suggestions, but try again. This one's a loser.

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:45 am

what if you just ensured that GCP gave most people exp? I mean cant you get a vanq for even a tiny bit of exp? I think something that can make a 6th circle fighter fall should give them exp, even if It's a small amount.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:49 am

Sativa wrote:what if you just ensured that GCP gave most people exp? I mean cant you get a vanq for even a tiny bit of exp? I think something that can make a 6th circle fighter fall should give them exp, even if It's a small amount.
That was one of the earliest complaints in the game. Doubt it will ever change.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Kerrah
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Champion
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Kerrah » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:57 am

Cinnamon wrote:
Sativa wrote:what if you just ensured that GCP gave most people exp? I mean cant you get a vanq for even a tiny bit of exp? I think something that can make a 6th circle fighter fall should give them exp, even if It's a small amount.
That was one of the earliest complaints in the game. Doubt it will ever change.
Well then give them mandibles or something. With how accurately they hit exiles, it'd make sense that they'd have some strong teeth. I don't mind swarms of stuff that I skin. Having mandibles on plankton would at least make it bearable if you got coins for killing a swarm of them.

Relkin
Exile

Post by Relkin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:41 pm

Land GCP! Screw invisibility, but yes, land GCP are awesome. Make them a new type of vermine, perhaps. And maybe the spawn rate should increase if Michael is on the snell? Just tossing out ideas here.

-Relkin

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Post by noivad » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:39 pm

No. Lame idea. GCP are neither fun nor even balanced. They're a stop gap measure to keep people out of rewarding areas. This is the type of thing CL needs to be without. Artificial challenges that act as barriers and give you nothing for them. If GCP were worth 1c a piece I think people would have a bit less of a problem with massive 50gcp spawns that kill all but the most regia/goss trained exiles.

Relkin
Exile

Post by Relkin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:36 pm

noivad wrote:No. Lame idea. GCP are neither fun nor even balanced. They're a stop gap measure to keep people out of rewarding areas. This is the type of thing CL needs to be without. Artificial challenges that act as barriers and give you nothing for them. If GCP were worth 1c a piece I think people would have a bit less of a problem with massive 50gcp spawns that kill all but the most regia/goss trained exiles.
Exactly. I guess you hate lightning, fire, and rocks too? They add lots of challenge, they give little reward themselves, but they guard rewards (in theory). What is the problem with this? How is the challenge "artificial" anymore than any other challenge? Luck hits? So because detha isn't the greatest way to overcome the challenge, it is aritificial? Are the rewarding areas they guard "artificially" rewarding? Why aren't you arguing against those?

I just don't understand what the problem is with compensating for a highly rewarding area by adding challenging, unrewarding monsters. You'd like the GMs to get rid of GCP, but lower lyfe experience levels? GCP and hopefully future monsters like them add yet another kind of challenge, they shouldn't be everywhere, but they have their place.

-Relkin

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:41 pm

Relkin wrote:
noivad wrote:No. Lame idea. GCP are neither fun nor even balanced. They're a stop gap measure to keep people out of rewarding areas. This is the type of thing CL needs to be without. Artificial challenges that act as barriers and give you nothing for them. If GCP were worth 1c a piece I think people would have a bit less of a problem with massive 50gcp spawns that kill all but the most regia/goss trained exiles.
Exactly. I guess you hate lightning, fire, and rocks too? They add lots of challenge, they give little reward themselves, but they guard rewards (in theory). What is the problem with this? How is the challenge "artificial" anymore than any other challenge? Luck hits? So because detha isn't the greatest way to overcome the challenge, it is aritificial? Are the rewarding areas they guard "artificially" rewarding? Why aren't you arguing against those?

I just don't understand what the problem is with compensating for a highly rewarding area by adding challenging, unrewarding monsters. You'd like the GMs to get rid of GCP, but lower lyfe experience levels? GCP and hopefully future monsters like them add yet another kind of challenge, they shouldn't be everywhere, but they have their place.

-Relkin
Most people find GCP unfun. There is no need to guard the fun rewarding critters with unfun things. Thats moron design, and has no place in modern games. If CL doesnt want to be a modern game, then its no wonder its on its way out.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:18 am

GCP aren't even an effective barrier. Exiles that are going to get pwnd by them are going to get killed worse by the rewarding fights after they deal with the gcp. Exiles who aren't overly hampered by them, well, you get the point. Just what sort of barrier are they supposed to be?

Rocks, webs, lightning; all can be dealt with through strategies. GCP require you to wade through them.

I think they're a fine creature in their current situations. Junk spawns aren't fun, just time consuming and tedious. Not everything has to result in ranks/coins. The fewer things that suck, the better.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Zynx
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Zynx » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:57 am

Heya Folks

I don't know how many of you have seen those Vile Crickets, but I think some GM sorta liked my idea a little but not enough to implement it on a full time basis.

Do you think its a coincidence that they keep spawning when I am in the vicinity?

SDC!

Zynx
Frog wrote:so he is better than me at something. :(