Moderator: CL GMs

Icy
Noble
Profession: All
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Inactive

Automatic purchases a must!

Post by Icy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:57 pm

I doubt DeltaTao or any of the GM's really expect an influx of players but if they did an automatic way of getting clanlord time is a necessity. I love Nancy for all she does with accounts but lets face it, in this day and age an Email just isnt fast enough. When new players get their accounts they want to play as soon as they enter that credit card number. Mayhaps a good idea? Discuss glaring problems, or give it a thumbs up!
3/3/15 9:27:45a Icy has fallen to a Rat.

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Post by noivad » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:01 pm

I hate Icy, but thumbs up! =^D

Sala Dragon
Exile

Re: Automatic purchases a must!

Post by Sala Dragon » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:48 pm

Icy wrote:I doubt DeltaTao or any of the GM's really expect an influx of players but if they did an automatic way of getting clanlord time is a necessity. I love Nancy for all she does with accounts but lets face it, in this day and age an Email just isnt fast enough. When new players get their accounts they want to play as soon as they enter that credit card number. Mayhaps a good idea? Discuss glaring problems, or give it a thumbs up!

Yeah, I bought another month of my account on Saturday afternoon, and (let's see... yep) still haven't gotten my account activated as of Monday at 2am. I don't personally mind not having the two days now, since I'll get them later, but I was thinking that "this really should be an automated thing."

Anyway, it doesn't seem like it'd take all that much time to implement this; you'd just have to include some fail-safes in it.

Super Chicken
Noble

Post by Super Chicken » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:58 pm

i beleive joe's talked about this countless times about being "the" big issueCL has to fix.
Change your sig to support Chicken Glory!

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger

Post by Fundin » Mon May 01, 2006 3:02 am

I hear Eldon was looking into this? i could be wong though, and often am 8)
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Mon May 01, 2006 3:21 am

Good idea!
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Icy
Noble
Profession: All
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Icy » Mon May 01, 2006 8:49 am

Sala Dragon wrote:Yeah, I bought another month of my account on Saturday afternoon, and (let's see... yep) still haven't gotten my account activated as of Monday at 2am. I don't personally mind not having the two days now, since I'll get them later, but I was thinking that "this really should be an automated thing."

Anyway, it doesn't seem like it'd take all that much time to implement this; you'd just have to include some fail-safes in it.

Yeah, I usually buy time on the weekends, because thats when I have alot of time to play. DT prolly has no staff on the weekends so its usually monday at the earliest to get the time, but usually I give them to wednesday.
3/3/15 9:27:45a Icy has fallen to a Rat.

Delirium
Winds of Dawn
Winds of Dawn

Post by Delirium » Mon May 01, 2006 2:06 pm

I have to agree. This issue has bitten me a couple of times over the years I've played. I'm even set for automatic yearly renewal, but last year, the card on file with DT had expired and I didn't realize until after my account had expired, so I could not play for a couple of days. I think that DT's cumbersome-to-the-customer billing pratices have contributed to some people's frustration over the years and were a contributing factor to some people leaving.

It may be that having Nancy run people's credit cards is actually the least expensive way for DT to bill. I don't know what the costs associated with a more automated billing system are, but it seems like there are enough small companies on the net that it can't be too prohibitive. Anyone have any actual knowlegde about the costs of automated billing systems?

Kudar F'leaf
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Ranger

Post by Kudar F'leaf » Sat May 06, 2006 1:53 pm

I used to have the same problem, but then I discovered this great invention. What do they call it? A phone? You update your account and leave a message to Nancy unless she picks up and I bet your account will be up within 12 hours at the most.
Courtesy is the sauce in the stew of society.
Kudar F'leaf

Mjollnir
Noble
Profession: Healer/Alchemist
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Mjollnir » Sat May 06, 2006 10:45 pm

Kudar F'leaf wrote:I used to have the same problem, but then I discovered this great invention. What do they call it? A phone? You update your account and leave a message to Nancy unless she picks up and I bet your account will be up within 12 hours at the most.

And for those people who dont want to make an international call at 2am?
A good pun is its own reword

Kerrah
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Champion
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Kerrah » Sun May 07, 2006 1:01 am

Mjollnir wrote:
Kudar F'leaf wrote:I used to have the same problem, but then I discovered this great invention. What do they call it? A phone? You update your account and leave a message to Nancy unless she picks up and I bet your account will be up within 12 hours at the most.

And for those people who dont want to make an international call at 2am?

I always conduct purchases with DT over the phone. Nancy's great and most of the time she posts things to my account within an hour.

Doesn't mean Kudar had to be a fucking snot about it though.

Not everyone has the proper time or access to call Nancy. Automatic purchaes are of the utmost importance before DT should launch any kind of official promoting of the game.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Sun May 07, 2006 6:35 am

I certainly think this is a priority. In fact, a nice player has offered to fill in my MySQL knowledge gaps, so I've taken it up as a project again. Expect it, uhm, "soon." (Now, I just need to gather the info he needs ...)
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard

Post by xepel » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:59 pm

Automated billing is here, at last.

Close?
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"