19%

Total votes: 21

Zynx
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Spirit Curative Bandolier

Post by Zynx » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:35 pm

Heya Folks

Since Wumpa Gourds have become more common and since folks like to hunt Sarra, I thought it might be useful if healers/fighters had access to a bandolier for Spirit Curative Potions. Although I have never hunted Sarra before and I probably will not hunt it for a long time come, I am aware what some of the wyrms that live there do and though such a bandolier would both save inventory slots and make the hunt go more smoothly.

SDC!

Zynx
Frog wrote:so he is better than me at something. :(

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Post by Daimoth » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:47 pm

I voted top priority, but I'd rather there just be a general potion bandoliers. All of these different types is not only silly, but unrealistic.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer

Post by Lorikeet » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:51 pm

We've been asking for a potion bandolier for a while--one that could hold red healing potions/salves, tykans, and spirit curative. Won't happen, but it's a nice idea. That way it would be useful for both healers and fighters. Fighters don't seem to have a problem with spirit poisoning.

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by Fundin » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:04 am

Lorikeet wrote:We've been asking for a potion bandolier for a while--one that could hold red healing potions/salves, tykans, and spirit curative. Won't happen, but it's a nice idea. That way it would be useful for both healers and fighters. Fighters don't seem to have a problem with spirit poisoning.
I still haven't heard a good reason why it won't happen. If packs can't be expanded then why can't we have this? Or is it just to hard/time consuming to code?
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:07 am

Fundin wrote:
Lorikeet wrote:We've been asking for a potion bandolier for a while--one that could hold red healing potions/salves, tykans, and spirit curative. Won't happen, but it's a nice idea. That way it would be useful for both healers and fighters. Fighters don't seem to have a problem with spirit poisoning.
I still haven't heard a good reason why it won't happen. If packs can't be expanded then why can't we have this? Or is it just to hard/time consuming to code?
I think it's the same reason. Good or bad. They don't want us to have a lot of stuff.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

TreeBeard
Exile

Post by TreeBeard » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:23 am

What's funny is that an all purpose bandoliler would reduce the amount of items in our packs and would make the idea of a bandolier for each type obsolete.

While we're at it, when are we gonna have all purpose -zu bags?

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:42 am

TreeBeard wrote:What's funny is that an all purpose bandoliler would reduce the amount of items in our packs and would make the idea of a bandolier for each type obsolete.

While we're at it, when are we gonna have all purpose -zu bags?
You're kidding right? There's so much stuff you have to carry around that even With a potion bandolier, I'd still run out of pack space. What really sucks is that, while I use the bank, caching my items for this area or that area is impractical because you can't quickly change out sets of stuff, without incurring the 10c fee per swap AND the time tax.... "Is it the stuffed iguana you want for your trip to GI?" no. "What speak up I can't hear you?" "Is it your shiny badge of BS you want?" no "Is it your ..." Rince and repeat for 3 items out of say 30 and you've got a 10 minutes time commitment.

Ann, can you fix this already? It's cute and charming and all, the first few times you hear it. But after the 3rd time, it's really annoying. Could you maker them pop a numbered list on your status area and/or text log. Or could you have them capable of doing some crude pattern matching that pulls the first 3 letters and gives you choices from there? Oh, and get rid of the, "What? speak up..." in the very least!

Thanks.

PS I'm all for a potion bandolier.

Omega
Exile

Post by Omega » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:40 am

I was hoping bandoliers would be retrofitted to hold any type of bottled potion including bottles of water for future use.

Is this really hard to implement? I dont think it will have a huge impact on gaming other than we can now stock up which i see as a good thing.

For lack of other choices i voted top priority also, even if it were on bandolier for each different type of potion.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Lorikeet » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:57 pm

The Water Breathing Potion Bandolier holds empty bottles, by the way.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:59 am

Lorikeet wrote:The Water Breathing Potion Bandolier holds empty bottles, by the way.
Hey, I might have a use for it after all. Thanks!
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Talin
Noble

Re: Spirit Curative Bandolier

Post by Talin » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:37 pm

Zynx wrote:Heya Folks

Since Wumpa Gourds have become more common ....
They have? Could you direct me to ONE exile who found one recently, say in the last ooc year?

Wanted to wait for the results of this storm before I nudge Eldon again :) But guess Zynx has more data.

Talin
Noble

Post by Talin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:51 pm

Talin wrote:

They have? Could you direct me to ONE exile who found one recently, say in the last ooc year?
NM :D

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:13 pm

Talin wrote:
Talin wrote:

NM :D
Let's give it a few updates and I'll check the stats to see if Wumpa Gourds are where they need to be.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Althea
Exile

Post by Althea » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:10 am

"A few updates" could be 2 or 3. That's a month to 6 weeks real time.

Is there anyway to expedite checking on it?

Given that people are trying to hunt it a bit more regularly, the spirit potions are sorely needed.

Anything that could be done faster would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Fighters fight, Healers heal, Rangers learn, Champions adapt, and Mystics cry themselves to sleep at night. - Gorvin

Paramedic
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Race: Thoom

Post by Paramedic » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:05 am

noivad wrote:the time tax.... "Is it the stuffed iguana you want for your trip to GI?" no. "What speak up I can't hear you?" "Is it your shiny badge of BS you want?" no "Is it your ..." Rince and repeat for 3 items out of say 30 and you've got a 10 minutes time commitment.

Ann, can you fix this already? It's cute and charming and all, the first few times you hear it. But after the 3rd time, it's really annoying.
I think fixing this would definitely be a good thing. The difficulty in getting stuff in and out of storage drives me crazy. It's not intuitive and does not work well.