7th and 8th Circle Fighter Tests

Moderator: CL GMs

Do we need more fighter tests?

Yes, of course. Only a pussy would think otherwise.
81%
No, I suck at taking tests so they make my epeen feel small.
19%

Total votes: 42

Gandor Durin
Exile

Post by Gandor Durin » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:08 am

Different colored weapons, then?

Well, maybe not since a lot of people prefer to use weapon-less sprites...

7th circle Darkus/Swengus trainer. Kyle Raat (Since he improves kill rate :P)

8th circle New Skill Trainer, Dobleatak, Double Swing attack. 50 ranks to learn, 100 ranks to master. Uses new command /double. At 50 ranks, activating it allows for two simulataneous swings. However, the second attack only does half damage. At 100 ranks, both swings do normal damage. Requires enough balance to do ONE swing, so you can use this skill and go into negative balance.

9th circle New Skill Trainer, Foe'Kius, temporarily disables attacking while boosting regeneration of health, spirit and balance (Focusing or Concentrating). Non-capped trainer, with the usual first ranks being more useful than going from 1000 to 2000 ranks of this trainer, heh. Each rank adds a tiny bit more time of this effect and improves the regeneration. We'll say 100 ranks of this might give 10 seconds of about 25% improved regeneration to all three bars. Add some sort of time limit between uses that might improve with more ranks trained.

10th circle Private Training Area that allows for players to gain experience while actively participating in training. Two forms of training: Dummies and colliseum-like battles. Training dummies are cheap but don't last long and give less experience. The experience and strength of the dummies would be dynamic, though. That is, if they were dispatches, they would ALWAYS be dispatches, but they would also be more difficult to kill as well.

The colliseum like battles would take place in an area that looks just like the testing area, where the Fighter would ask to fight particular beasts for an expensive fee.

Actually, any circle fighter should be able to use this area, but be limited to what they can choose to fight based on their particular circle status, perhaps. Either way, the experience in this area would be static unlike the training dummies.

For the training dummies, if they don't have defensive attacks (maybe they're covered in spikes so fighting them can cause players to take damage) then there would need to be some anti-botting scripts put into place. To borrow from another game, the Training Dummy Summoner could ask very simple random math questions that could not have their answers scripted. Example: Dum'Sum says, "If you want to go another round, can you help me figure out what 3471 + 3 is? I always get confused by the simplest things!" If a correct answer is not given, then Dum'Sum will not let you continue training for X IC time.

Or, if these ideas are deemed 'teh suck', then just put in colored weapons. Colored weapons are neat-o.

Sala Dragon
Exile

Post by Sala Dragon » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:05 am

Gandor Durin wrote:A lot of ideas.

Hoggle is Gandor Durin! I knew it! (I really like the private-coliseum idea. The training dummies are useless.)

Heh, I passed 6th circle more than 4 years ago, and I don't think I could pass 7th with the AMS in it.

On that note, does the AMS have rocks and does the Crimson have webs? I sure hope not.

Hoggle
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Post by Hoggle » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:57 am

They would have to all consume spirit to be a Hoggle-idea.

-Hoggle

Gandor Durin
Exile

Post by Gandor Durin » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:57 am

Sala Dragon wrote:

Hoggle is Gandor Durin! I knew it! (I really like the private-coliseum idea. The training dummies are useless.)

Heh, I passed 6th circle more than 4 years ago, and I don't think I could pass 7th with the AMS in it.

On that note, does the AMS have rocks and does the Crimson have webs? I sure hope not.

Training dummies, useless? Fine, be that way! What if players could bring them to town center to beat on? That'd be nifty... Nothing like a good training session while chatting amongst your fellow exiles. *You gain experience while sitting around in town center! Finally, Roleplaying and rankwhoring unite!

I believe the Crimson throws webs made out of rocks, and the AMS throws dogs that bark and shoot bees out of their mouths.

Has it really been over 4 years? That means 10th circle is only about a decade away! The sad part is, CL will still be around long enough for that goal to be reached. And by then, there will be complains of a lack of 11th through 14th circle tests. OMG Eldon was right, rankwhores are hard to please! 10 years to make 8 circle tests... Crap, that's like.... *brain-straining mental calculations* almost one a year! Eek!

Anyway, even new tests without any actual rewards other than satisfaction for beating the test would be good enough for most people, it seems. So, whatever they have in store it's good to know they are at least working on it!

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Lorikeet » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:13 am

Sala Dragon wrote:

In the Fairgrounds' Fake Test to See What Would Happen, the crimson threw webs and the AMS threw rocks.

Gorvin
Noble
Profession: Champion
Race: Dwarf

Post by Gorvin » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:24 am

Sala Dragon wrote:On that note, does the AMS have rocks and does the Crimson have webs? I sure hope not.

They did when we were testing them in the fairgrounds, but that may just have been because the GM didn't have any non-throwing AMS/Crimsons he could summon at the time. Personally, I hope they *do* have rocks and webs in the test. They can be dodged and add an extra element of skill to the tests.

Sala Dragon
Exile

Post by Sala Dragon » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:05 pm

Gandor Durin wrote:Has it really been over 4 years? That means 10th circle is only about a decade away!

Yeah it's been four years. You passed the test for me, too ;) (as I'm sure you remember).

http://web.archive.org/web/200306051253 ... hlist.html

[Edit: Noah stopped keeping track after that June 2002 update.]

And eh.. I guess I wouldn't mind rocks - the wendies already throw pebbles - but webs are a pain because they stick around so long. I guess with only one webber it might not be so bad; I didn't get a chance to take the test.

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:20 pm

Raul wrote:it seems the main problem with new fighter tests is they are running out of good belt colors
edit: but they did offer new tests with no rewards

So, let's come up with some ideas for rewards.

Coins are always nice, as is some Exp. And maybe a belt color like silver or purple or dark green. Orange?

TreeBeard
Exile

Post by TreeBeard » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:49 pm

how about a bar that sells drinks that almost kill you?

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:29 pm

How about a mother fucking pendant to get the fuck home?

TreeBeard
Exile

Post by TreeBeard » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:41 pm

sounds good..

Haze
Exile

Post by Haze » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:35 pm

AMS is too big a leap from 6th.

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:38 pm

Haze wrote:AMS is too big a leap from 6th.

Compared to the leap from 7th to 8th, its not a big enough one.

Haze
Exile

Post by Haze » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:54 pm

Michael wrote:

Compared to the leap from 7th to 8th, its not a big enough one.

Excuse me if I'm misreading you, but that suggests a problem with both tests, not a problem with the 7th test alone.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:40 pm

Not really? AMS are a lot easier than people think, ...