7th and 8th Circle Fighter Tests

Moderator: CL GMs

Do we need more fighter tests?

Yes, of course. Only a pussy would think otherwise.
81%
No, I suck at taking tests so they make my epeen feel small.
19%

Total votes: 42

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:37 am

Sala Dragon wrote:Any word on this? Eldon, Small? These would be amazing to have in, and probably wouldn't take too much time to do. It's a fun challenge to have every week that I've been missing for the past (more than) 4 years!

I haven't worked on it. I've just finished working on something that'll be in v441 (that should've been done long ago.)

I'll ask again if anyone's interested in making more fighter tests. I've seen some good suggestions on monsters already.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Sala Dragon
Exile

Post by Sala Dragon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:29 am

Eldon wrote:
Sala Dragon wrote:Any word on this? Eldon, Small? These would be amazing to have in, and probably wouldn't take too much time to do. It's a fun challenge to have every week that I've been missing for the past (more than) 4 years!

I haven't worked on it. I've just finished working on something that'll be in v441 (that should've been done long ago.)

I'll ask again if anyone's interested in making more fighter tests. I've seen some good suggestions on monsters already.

Awesome, thanks.

Sala Dragon
Exile

Post by Sala Dragon » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:32 pm

Bump.

[Edit] Oh, neat. Thanks for the update Daimoth. Zynx's thread made me figure nothing was happening.
Last edited by Sala Dragon on Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Post by Daimoth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:21 am

Played around with possible tests with a newer GM. They were pretty challenging. Eighth was insanely hard. Only Mujin could pass, and barely. <g>

Delirium
Winds of Dawn
Winds of Dawn

Post by Delirium » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:15 am

Daimoth wrote:Played around with possible tests with a newer GM. They were pretty challenging. Eighth was insanely hard. Only Mujin could pass, and barely. <g>

If Mujin could pass, then they are too easy! Mujin needs goals too. :twisted:

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer

Post by Lorikeet » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:48 am

Delirium wrote:
Daimoth wrote:Played around with possible tests with a newer GM. They were pretty challenging. Eighth was insanely hard. Only Mujin could pass, and barely. <g>

Yeah might as well have a 9th and 10th if they are going to add new ones.

Sielk
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Sielk » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:41 pm

Delirium wrote:

I think Mujin and others should be able to pass 7th and 8th. Then add 9th and 10th which they should not be able to pass. If you make it so 7th can't be passed by Mujin then it will take me another 2-3 years to pass and I have already been 6th circle for sometime. I would think that my character should already be half way to passing 7th since I have been 6th for awhile. Don't make it so far apart between circles, we need to have some goals in the game that are realistically reached in a smaller period of time. If it continues as it is where I only notice change to my character after 6-12 months it become very unmotivating to play the game.

Edit: I passed 6th Circle RL: v391 2005-06-05 over a year ago. I would say I should be getting close to passing 7th by now.

Xel
Noble

Post by Xel » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:04 pm

How about the idea of not basing it off of any one set of high level characters, just make some well-spaced tests relative to our current ones? Heaven forbid common sense get in our way, though.

-Xel
"Barrin taught me that the hardest lessons to grasp are the ones you've already learned."

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath

Post by Daimoth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:02 pm

Sielk wrote:Edit: I passed 6th Circle RL: v391 2005-06-05 over a year ago. I would say I should be getting close to passing 7th by now.

Depends on how hard you've been ranking in that time. *shrug.*

Seventh had two Haremau Kittens, a Frenzy and an AMS. Seems to make enough sense.

Eighth had a Crimson Noid, a Green Tok'han and a Black Mamba (really, really tough snake that hit Mujin on full balance.) This one seems to be a large leap.

Raul
Noble

Post by Raul » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:38 pm

The Black Mamba caught her by surprise because it had just spawned, it took 50% of her health

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath

Post by Daimoth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:41 pm

Raul wrote:The Black Mamba caught her by surprise because it had just spawned, it took 50% of her health

Nah, it hit her on full. I saw a visionstone she gave me.

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:08 pm

Daimoth wrote:
Raul wrote:The Black Mamba caught her by surprise because it had just spawned, it took 50% of her health

Nah, it hit her on full. I saw a visionstone she gave me.

Its brickable. I think. Only saw one, it went down fast. But it wiffed me twice and hit me once.

And it was one fuck of a hit.

I think the time limit might be a bitch on 8th with all that shit in it. Might want to consider giving us longer. I would rather the tests not be balanced around Mujin, who has about 1000 ranks more than any other fighter.

The test is also a HUGE leap in atkus. Hitting a green tok is not a trivial thing.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath

Post by Daimoth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:23 pm

Michael wrote:The test is also a HUGE leap in atkus. Hitting a green tok is not a trivial thing.

450 Atkus to hit it every time after it swings? Not so bad.

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by Fundin » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:49 am

I'll be way off passing th 7th but id still like to see 7-10 • go in, not just 2. Otherwise in ayears time we'll just moan that there is no 9th! Lets make these ones last.
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Raul
Noble

Post by Raul » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:56 am

it seems the main problem with new fighter tests is they are running out of good belt colors
edit: but they did offer new tests with no rewards