Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Stop Noids pulling the kudzu

Post by Fundin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:20 pm

Not sure how recent a change this has been (been away 1 month). But the noids pulling the Kudzu walls is really making life in the PC/SC quite hard. I mean its not exactly a cakewalk anyway, and we get slottered alot, so we didnt really need the Noids to be able to pull the zu now aswell.

I mean they can pull us and pull zu and throw web and dance over webs, it would be nice to have something to fight back with, because this is just giving the noids another advantage over the exiles. And to be honest they really dont need anymore help beating us. :evil:
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:10 pm

Do you realize how long it took me to teach them that?

I suppose noids would like you to stop thinking too! Well, fine then. No noid pulling Zu,and no thinking for you!

Azriel
Exile

Re: Stop Noids pulling the kudzu

Post by Azriel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:51 pm

Fundin wrote:Not sure how recent a change this has been (been away 1 month). But the noids pulling the Kudzu walls is really making life in the PC/SC quite hard. I mean its not exactly a cakewalk anyway, and we get slottered alot, so we didnt really need the Noids to be able to pull the zu now aswell.

I mean they can pull us and pull zu and throw web and dance over webs, it would be nice to have something to fight back with, because this is just giving the noids another advantage over the exiles. And to be honest they really dont need anymore help beating us. :evil:
And lest it be said by some GM that this is unnecessary because we probably have the tools to beat this already if we cared to try them, I point out that this is hardly a fair exchange. Although I have finally managed to actually grow some Sun-zu and get back seeds (and have all the other flavors on hand to try out), I have not tested them for plant pullability (is that a word?) for one simple reason. I haven't even managed to try try growing the other seed types yet, because I don't have room in my pack to carry that many loose seeds. As it is, I carry 10 zu bags (100 seeds) and can blow through that long before we're done with a web noid trip, and need bag exchanges from other folks in our group to keep going. There is no way I am trading a bag that hold 10 vanilla zu for a lone seed of any new variety, no matter how powerful it is, because I'd run out after planting our first wall.

When I get a chance, we will test if Sunzu walls are stable or pullable by webber noids. I'm hoping, but even if they are stable, they are useless, unless everyone in our group carries 20 loose seeds ... which is an absurd packspace requirement for any area.

If vanilla zu remains pullable, then Option 2 is introducing zu bags (new ones, or more flexible old ones) that can carry the new (hopefully more sturdy) zu types.

Az
HGM: "To be honest, keeping folks who've been playing for 3+ yrs happy for another 3 yrs -- while it'd be nice -- isn't a top priority."

Leinis
Exile

Post by Leinis » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:25 pm

How is it that noids can pull through zu but we can't push them with shieldstones?
Crius yells, "We've got a situation here! There's a vampire cat!"

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Skirwan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:16 pm

Leinis wrote:How is it that noids can pull through zu but we can't push them with shieldstones?
<TinyElvis>
Look at the size of those noids! Those noids are huge!
</TinyElvis>
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:33 am

This is the stupidest fucking change in a long damn time. Like the god damn place wasent hard enough?

So we nerf current zu, and add yet MORE fucking zu for us to carry? Another god damn item to lug around in our fucking fixed pack space? Jesus god damn christ dont we have enough fucking pack space problems?

On top of that this new zu seems fucking impossible to far. I found a wild patch and didnt get one fucking seed from it before it died off.

If you want new noids that pull zu, sure thats fine and awsome and all. But god dammit dont fuck with our tactics that took fucking months to perfect.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:32 am

I'm curious.

This is a new AI applied to an old creature? Like if vermine started throwing lightning?
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:04 am

Cinnamon wrote:I'm curious.

This is a new AI applied to an old creature? Like if vermine started throwing lightning?
Yep.

Makes about as much fucking sense too.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:52 am

Michael wrote:

Yep.

So it's a cheat. Changing the rules midstream. Bad form! Hiss! :evil:
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom

Post by Phroon » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:04 am

Cinnamon wrote:
Michael wrote:

Yep.

You know, I distinctly remember GMs promising that changing the gross behavior of a creature wouldn't happen. Maybe that was just for Pengy's "Big Event" that never seemed to happen. (Um, yeah. He never did set a date.)

Here it is.
Pengy wrote:4. There may be unusual monsters that will at first appear to be something familiar. They will have their own names and they will remain consistent throughout the battle. ie: If an Orga Jolly Annoyed looks like a BRO, throws fire and is as wimpy as a normal orga in the beginning of the battle, it will be the same at the end of the battle.
But like in 1984 and Animal Farm, the past can be changed. :?

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Fundin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:14 pm

Cinnamon wrote:
Michael wrote:

Yep.

Well it might be a change, i dont think its a bug, but it might be, thus why im asking for a little clarification from tthe GMs. :)

Is this really an intended change GMs, coz its really really hurting us if it is, laying down one line of zu is hard, trying to make is so deep they cant be pulled is making life unworkable.

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:41 pm

I'll ask about Noids pulling Zu.

Personally, I like that idea, but I'd have made a new creature. Let's see what's said.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Fundin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:09 pm

Eldon wrote:I'll ask about Noids pulling Zu.

Personally, I like that idea, but I'd have made a new creature. Let's see what's said.
Thank you Eldon :)

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY

Shadowearth
Exile

Post by Shadowearth » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:38 am

Sticky zu? When a noid pulls a zu there is a chance that zu will get stuck on the noids mandibles. The effect would drive the noid to run around until it could get the zu off. If they happen to run into an exile/creature, they would push them instead of attacking them.

Hoggle
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Hoggle » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:07 am

Only if running by the kudzu would also stick the exiles who bump into it. :twisted:

-Hoggle

P.S. You ever try the trick where a mystic boosts you, then you bump into a sun-zu? it teleports you to a random sun-zu on the same snell.. try it, its cool!