3%

Total votes: 36

Lundar
E'las Loth'mon Ferindril
Profession: Mystic
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Lundar » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:56 pm

I think that if armor is ever implemented into CL, that there should be some pretty steep penalties that go along with it. Somehow I don't like the notion of everyone running around in a full suit of armor... it just doesn't fit with my idea of Puddleby. People wearing armor should not be able to run at their normal maximum speed, because the armor weighs them down. Also, anyone changing into or out of a suit of armor should be hit by the Balance Tax... not just a balance freeze mind you, but a balance drop as well. Just my 2c.

-Lundar

Usagi
Exile

Healer defense

Post by Usagi » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:20 am

I'd say adding a defensive healer trainer would be a little ridiculous-- healers could train defense and fighters could concentrate on an all-offense approach. I see this leading to a drop in specialization in the fighter guild.

I'd be happy if they added in items for roleplaying value (i.e. knights); I'm not particularly concerned with how much defense they add. I'd rather have a skill or easily-accessible item that helps me run faster! :wink:

As it is, rodding and self-heal techniques provide healers with significant defense; I don't see a need for more. Having an element of danger is fun, sometimes. Unless very weak, armor (esp. for healers) would unbalance the game, IMO.

Usagi

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: Armor

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:18 pm

We got a bunch of new armor and shields, both bronze and iron.

They're quite useful (even for healers!), but no, they didn't unbalance the game. :P

Close?
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"