33%
Yar! Roomy for shroomy.
67%

Total votes: 18

Super Chicken
Noble

mutated shroom in the shroom hut

Post by Super Chicken » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:53 pm

Since there is only one of these, can't the shroom hut guy do a lil addition?
Change your sig to support Chicken Glory!

Kerrah
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Champion
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Kerrah » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:28 pm

Just what Puddleby needs: not just a horny Chicken, but a horny Chicken on shrooms.

I don't honestly know what the hell he's talking about, but the idea of a horny Chicken on shrooms is just plain frightening.

Super Chicken
Noble

Post by Super Chicken » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:00 pm

Ergh dont' you read thoomcare? There's a new shroom that's been found up on yonder cloud! It's all mutated n stuff, and it makes healing potions for healers.
Change your sig to support Chicken Glory!

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:51 am

Make it a quest or something. Find a viable spore for propogation or something.

I'm just happy to hear that the potion is possible.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Overlord
Exile

Post by Overlord » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:40 am

I voted no because its part of the balance that the potions are hard to get ;-) I think they made it mystic only, far away, and rare drop for that reason. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.
Cinnamon wrote:Ever feel like you organised a rally for the homeless only to have anti-abortion and anti-american and pro-gay activists show up and that guy with the rainbow wig and his John 3:16 sign?

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:56 am

If the potion works exclusively on Healers, than it's already balanced by effectively cutting the number of available potions in half. So long as the rate of Uli spawns hasn't increased to match this new use. Just like metal becomes 'rarer' with new uses. Finite resource with a growing list of applications.

If the new potion works on everyone at least as well as RHP, then keeping the mutant 'shroom in a quest location is fine by me.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Player Status: Active

Post by Lorikeet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:59 am

-=(Overlord)=- wrote:I voted no because its part of the balance that the potions are hard to get ;-) I think they made it mystic only, far away, and rare drop for that reason. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

What balance? There's a difference between hard and impossible. And it's rather absurd to make it a mystic only far away rare drop. Might as well not have it at all then. There should be something in between that and a ubiquitous ingredient. (Course, we don't know about the implementation yet, so I'm just replying to your comments, not to the way it may or may not be.)

Kani
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Ranger
Race: Sylvan

Post by Kani » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:02 am

Cinnamon wrote:If the potion works exclusively on Healers, than it's already balanced by effectively cutting the number of available potions in half.

I don't know whether it only works on healers, but it has a much smaller affect on the supply of RHP than you suggest.

There are at least six patches of flower where one can find Ulis,
At least eight "normal" mushrooms that can have spores knocked off,
And just the one mutated mushroom that we have found thus far.
The obstacle is the path.

Overlord
Exile

Post by Overlord » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:14 am

Lorikeet wrote:
-=(Overlord)=- wrote:I voted no because its part of the balance that the potions are hard to get ;-) I think they made it mystic only, far away, and rare drop for that reason. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

What balance? There's a difference between hard and impossible. And it's rather absurd to make it a mystic only far away rare drop. Might as well not have it at all then. There should be something in between that and a ubiquitous ingredient. (Course, we don't know about the implementation yet, so I'm just replying to your comments, not to the way it may or may not be.)

You probably took my comments to the strongest sense of their definition. What I mean is:
Rare-not every hour or so
Far Away - not 3 minutes from TC such as mushroom hut
Mystics can do it, have done it, was the first TO DO it
See: http://www.thoomcare.com/archives/002245.html
Cinnamon wrote:Ever feel like you organised a rally for the homeless only to have anti-abortion and anti-american and pro-gay activists show up and that guy with the rainbow wig and his John 3:16 sign?

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:45 am

Kani wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:If the potion works exclusively on Healers, than it's already balanced by effectively cutting the number of available potions in half.

I don't know whether it only works on healers, but it has a much smaller affect on the supply of RHP than you suggest.

There are at least six patches of flower where one can find Ulis,
At least eight "normal" mushrooms that can have spores knocked off,
And just the one mutated mushroom that we have found thus far.

Yeah, maybe. Maybe not. How many people are holding on to 2+ metal in order to make something other than a chain. Chains may still be the most popular use, but stockpiling for other purposes takes resources out of circulation. The scarcity of tin takes iron and thus chains out of circulation?

My guess is that 80% of the Ulis out there are being held for the new potion instead of being put in to use as an RHP. One of mine is.

An RHS (Is that the official acronym?) is the equivalent of ~3 RHP? Depends on the situation, but getting the Healer with 150+ Horus up is more important than most Fighters. Given that an RHP situation is one of relative safety, RHS for getting the healer up is a higher priority.

Going to be fun seeing how it actually affects things.

Just how remote is this new 'shroom? Is it really only open to Mystics to gather? That's no way to make Mystics useful, more like a necessary burdon to some. Like the younger sibling you have to babysit while you're on a date.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:02 am

Cinnamon wrote: <stuff how the healer potion is ruining his life.>

And your .sig said:

Small wrote:
Anyway, I know that when I do finish it, and it does go in, people will just switch from complaining about how it isn't done yet to complaining about how it was done, and how it has ruined their lives.

Too funny. :D
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:09 am

Eldon wrote:
Cinnamon wrote: <stuff how the healer potion is ruining his life.>

And your .sig said:

Small wrote:
Anyway, I know that when I do finish it, and it does go in, people will just switch from complaining about how it isn't done yet to complaining about how it was done, and how it has ruined their lives.

Too funny. :D

Heehee! It's not ruining my life. Not yet. Soon.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Lorikeet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:01 pm

-=(Overlord)=- wrote:
Lorikeet wrote:

You probably took my comments to the strongest sense of their definition. What I mean is:

Yeah I took your words to mean what they mean. Ulis aren't rare, but they aren't available every hour or so either. Mushroom hut is 1 minute away and I don't know what far away is anymore, but I wouldn't want to take a boat to Peaceton for it. Of course mystics have done it. Mystics can get ulis too. So can everyone else. I'm saying there is no reason for an item like this to be only available to mystics, but just because the first couple were picked up by mystics doesn't mean they will be the only ones who can get it, so I am withholding judgment on this until it becomes more obvious.

Overlord
Exile

Post by Overlord » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:34 pm

Lorikeet wrote:
-=(Overlord)=- wrote:
Lorikeet wrote:

Yeah I took your words to mean what they mean. Ulis aren't rare, but they aren't available every hour or so either. Mushroom hut is 1 minute away and I don't know what far away is anymore, but I wouldn't want to take a boat to Peaceton for it. Of course mystics have done it. Mystics can get ulis too. So can everyone else. I'm saying there is no reason for an item like this to be only available to mystics, but just because the first couple were picked up by mystics doesn't mean they will be the only ones who can get it, so I am withholding judgment on this until it becomes more obvious.

It isn't only available to mystics, from what I understand. It is just them who can knock the spores down from cloud. Cloud isn't a pain 100% anymore since so many people have access now. Escpecially mystics since they have to drive the thing.

I agree, a Peaceton trip would be horrid for a potion like that. But cloud is far enough away but close enough not to be a pain.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Lorikeet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:35 pm

-=(Overlord)=- wrote:

It isn't only available to mystics, from what I understand. It is just them who can knock the spores down from cloud. .

Nope, I heard anyone can now. We'll see.