Waste of time
23%

Total votes: 26

Raul
Noble

Re: Implement Jeweler

Post by Raul » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:40 pm

Eldon wrote:
Largo wrote:Sure, jewelry making's been implemented, but it sucks pretty badly. Even from a roleplaying standpoint, devoting months of study to learn a trivial skill that you have to travel for several days to use is pretty crappy.

I think introducing a "set of jeweler's tools" that could be purchased in Peaceton and functioned as the jewelry equivalent to an alchemy kit would be nice. It would at least beat forcing a 12 hour round trip every time someone wants to make a sand dollar necklace.
Months?! The requirements are so low that even Cinnamon wrote me and said I should up them. kidding, but barely

Your library must really suck. Have you tried the ones in Peaceton? I hear it's a nice vacation spot.
sounds like it would be as fun as a holiday in cambodia

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:04 am

Fogtripper wrote:
Eldon wrote:Your library must really suck. Have you tried the ones in Peaceton? I hear it's a nice vacation spot.
This reminds me of a couple questions.

- Why does it cost 10c more for the return trip?

- Why no round trip tickets?

- How would a non-fighter earn money there in the event they accidently sleep in the pay library and have no coins for the return trip?
Great questions! The first seems a bit obvious to me. (Think about it from their standpoint.)

For the other two, how would you solve those?
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Skirwan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:27 am

Eldon wrote:
- How would a non-fighter earn money there in the event they accidently sleep in the pay library and have no coins for the return trip?
Put in a copper mine they can sleep in for a while. Or better yet, do something more thematic that works like the mine -- log off in the kitchen to wash dishes, log off in the orchard to pick oranges, whatever.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Post by xepel » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:34 am

Fogtripper wrote:- How would a non-fighter earn money there in the event they accidently sleep in the pay library and have no coins for the return trip?
How do non-fighters earn coins *ever*? That's the problem.

However, there are probably some simple ways to allow people to make enough money for a return ticket, even though they may not be able make much more than that...

1) Something like the Copper Mine - a place where you can log off (doing work for one of the businesses there?) and get a few coins for your troubles. However, the copper mine gives so coins that no one will want to do that in Peaceton, as they'll be there a week before they have coins for a return ticket.

2) Chores. "I need a x for y, can you fetch it for me? I'll pay you!" So you can go from NPC to NPC, fetching things for a few coins each. Do a bunch of chores and you can easily pick up the 35c for a ticket back.

3) Shell-buyer. "I'm currently looking for a <coral, curved shell, whatever> to finish my collection! I'll give you 10c if you can get me a fresh one." Then you can dive into the ocean for fun *and* profit!

... Skirwan, you are too fast. =/ (That, or I type too slow.)
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:04 am

Skirwan wrote:
Eldon wrote:
Put in a copper mine they can sleep in for a while. Or better yet, do something more thematic that works like the mine -- log off in the kitchen to wash dishes, log off in the orchard to pick oranges, whatever.
All good ideas. Note, though, that the natives aren't eager for folks to leave Peaceton. :)
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom

Post by Phroon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:31 am

Eldon wrote:All good ideas. Note, though, that the natives aren't eager for folks to leave Peaceton. :)
Once your broke I'm surprised they don't fund your ticked so you can come back with more money to spend. Of course, this would require that there be some motivation to return...

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:10 am

Phroon wrote:
Eldon wrote:All good ideas. Note, though, that the natives aren't eager for folks to leave Peaceton. :)
Once your broke I'm surprised they don't fund your ticked so you can come back with more money to spend. Of course, this would require that there be some motivation to return...
That's not why they want you to stay there. :twisted:

They may have made some deal...or something...
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Illora Mone
Snow Lemming
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Illora Mone » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:14 pm

Any chance we could buy homes in Peaceton?
Normal is just a stereotype.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:37 pm

Illora Mone wrote:Any chance we could buy homes in Peaceton?
I don't know about buy, but perhaps lease. Is there any interest in that?
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Illora Mone
Snow Lemming
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Illora Mone » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:17 pm

I bet people who fear running out of money in the pay lib would love them, and I'd be interested in the new designs myself.
Normal is just a stereotype.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Eldon wrote:I don't know about buy, but perhaps lease. Is there any interest in that?
Can they be super expensive but match or exceed the best library in exp?

Would be kinda interesting if Peaceton was where old people with way too much money retire.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard

Post by xepel » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Daimoth wrote:
Eldon wrote:I don't know about buy, but perhaps lease. Is there any interest in that?

Would be kinda interesting if Peaceton was where old people with way too much money retire.
I think that would be cool. Twice (or somesuch) as much as the super-library, but you get a house along with it.

Peaceton gets to roll in coins, exiles get to actually visit, and super-rich exiles actually spend a few coins. It's win-win-win.
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:15 pm

xepel wrote:
Daimoth wrote:

I think that would be cool. Twice (or somesuch) as much as the super-library, but you get a house along with it.

Peaceton gets to roll in coins, exiles get to actually visit, and super-rich exiles actually spend a few coins. It's win-win-win.
There still needs to be stuff to do there or a fast way back to Puddleby.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Cinnamon wrote:There still needs to be stuff to do there or a fast way back to Puddleby.
Hrmm...you might want to ask around about these.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:28 pm

Eldon wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:There still needs to be stuff to do there or a fast way back to Puddleby.
Hrmm...you might want to ask around about these.
Oooh? Cool! Thanks!
This sig pic removed by Vagile