15%
Waste of time
23%

Total votes: 26

LunaBlue
Exile

Implement Jeweler

Post by LunaBlue » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:09 am

Again self explanatory. Implement a craft to make jewelry.

Hidden
Wusscare(tm)

Post by Hidden » Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:58 am

Not self-explanatory at all. How does it work? Should the jewelry do anything? If not, how is it different from the gift shop? Do exiles make the jewelry or do NPCs? If exiles, what kind of training does it require and what ingredients?
Carpe diem via scrotum.

Polerand
Exile

Post by Polerand » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:23 am

Hidden wrote:Not self-explanatory at all. How does it work? Should the jewelry do anything? If not, how is it different from the gift shop? Do exiles make the jewelry or do NPCs? If exiles, what kind of training does it require and what ingredients?

You might want to look at http://66.223.104.163/clanlord/board/viewtopic.php?t=61 for the earlier discussion about jeweler's -- this was separated to see which crafts were more important to people, jeweler or weaponsmith, etc.
Blame Polerand!

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: Implement Jeweler

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:10 pm

I believe that the Jeweler-type trade skills have been implemented for a while - close?
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:32 pm

Eh, kinda. It's also totally worthless. A jeweler can't even make useful stuff, like shieldstones I believe.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

xepel
Trainer

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:51 pm

Daimoth wrote:Eh, kinda. It's also totally worthless. A jeweler can't even make useful stuff, like shieldstones I believe.
You mean ruby rings? I can see why they wouldnt' be able to "imbue" a ring to make a shieldstone, but it would suck if they can't make a ring.
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Theo
Exile
Profession: Healer
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Theo » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:55 pm

You can make just about any jewelry there, but I haven't found any "pearl"s for the pearl jewelry yet. The only "useful" thing I know of that can be crafted there is the Sea Horn... you can also craft Ruby necklaces and rings there, but it's kind of pointless considering the location of the shop.

xepel
Trainer

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:00 pm

Theo wrote:You can make just about any jewelry there, but I haven't found any "pearl"s for the pearl jewelry yet. The only "useful" thing I know of that can be crafted there is the Sea Horn... you can also craft Ruby necklaces and rings there, but it's kind of pointless considering the location of the shop.
I can think of a new suggestion now: "Put a Jeweler Workshop builder near/in Puddleby." Like maybe in the basement of the gift shop!

Kerrah
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Champion
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Kerrah » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Or, jewelry-making could be a trade skill taught in Peaceton, kind of like baking or something. Sure, mostly alts would get it, but it keeps the actual jewelry-making NPC in Peaceton (which I'm imagining was intentional for whatever reason), and it allows people who want to learn it the opportunity to do so. I'm sure some RP-types would like to learn this.

xepel
Trainer

Post by xepel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Kerrah wrote:Or, jewelry-making could be a trade skill taught in Peaceton, kind of like baking or something. Sure, mostly alts would get it, but it keeps the actual jewelry-making NPC in Peaceton (which I'm imagining was intentional for whatever reason), and it allows people who want to learn it the opportunity to do so. I'm sure some RP-types would like to learn this.
This is exactly the way it's done now, is that really want you meant?

Kerrah
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath

Post by Kerrah » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:57 pm

xepel wrote:
Kerrah wrote:Or, jewelry-making could be a trade skill taught in Peaceton, kind of like baking or something. Sure, mostly alts would get it, but it keeps the actual jewelry-making NPC in Peaceton (which I'm imagining was intentional for whatever reason), and it allows people who want to learn it the opportunity to do so. I'm sure some RP-types would like to learn this.
This is exactly the way it's done now, is that really want you meant?
Oh people can get ranks in jewelry-making? Guess I didn't realize that. If that's how it already is, then never mind!

Largo
Bane of the Black Heart
Race: Concealed

Post by Largo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:47 pm

Sure, jewelry making's been implemented, but it sucks pretty badly. Even from a roleplaying standpoint, devoting months of study to learn a trivial skill that you have to travel for several days to use is pretty crappy.

I think introducing a "set of jeweler's tools" that could be purchased in Peaceton and functioned as the jewelry equivalent to an alchemy kit would be nice. It would at least beat forcing a 12 hour round trip every time someone wants to make a sand dollar necklace.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:13 pm

Theo wrote:You can make just about any jewelry there, but I haven't found any "pearl"s for the pearl jewelry yet. ...
Hrmm...I guess I need to check on that.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:15 pm

Largo wrote:Sure, jewelry making's been implemented, but it sucks pretty badly. Even from a roleplaying standpoint, devoting months of study to learn a trivial skill that you have to travel for several days to use is pretty crappy.

I think introducing a "set of jeweler's tools" that could be purchased in Peaceton and functioned as the jewelry equivalent to an alchemy kit would be nice. It would at least beat forcing a 12 hour round trip every time someone wants to make a sand dollar necklace.
Months?! The requirements are so low that even Cinnamon wrote me and said I should up them. kidding, but barely

Your library must really suck. Have you tried the ones in Peaceton? I hear it's a nice vacation spot.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Fogtripper
Noble
Profession: Walker of Ether
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Fogtripper » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Eldon wrote:Your library must really suck. Have you tried the ones in Peaceton? I hear it's a nice vacation spot.
This reminds me of a couple questions.

- Why does it cost 10c more for the return trip?

- Why no round trip tickets?

- How would a non-fighter earn money there in the event they accidently sleep in the pay library and have no coins for the return trip?