Moderator: Slyph

Measle
Rising Claw
Rising Claw
Profession: Champion/Bard
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Measle » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Measle was my nickname in high school. I use it in every computer game I play as my character's name.

I was called it pretty universally back then but it seems to have tailed off now. Every once in a while I run into someone from my past who says "Oh hi Mea..." and then struggles to remember what my real name actually is.

Hrothgar
Exile

Post by Hrothgar » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:20 am

I read Beowulf in Highschool ~10yrs ago, started playing CL and gravitated towards a norse name.

Its evolved a lil over the years to become "Frothgar" after a haloween party where some friends and myself dressed up as beer swilling vikings. I was Frothgar son of Millor, son of Pillsnor.

In almost every MMO since CL I've been Frothgar.

Creed
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Post by Creed » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:45 pm

Measle wrote:Measle was my nickname in high school.
Dare one ask why? :D

--Creed
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
6th Circle Healer & Alchemist
Pirate Cat Queen & Lady to Pirate King Captain Stinkfist
Proud Member of the Order of the White Elephant
Companion of the Shield of the Order of True and Gentle Knighthood
Friend to Cloud the Pony

Measle
Rising Claw
Rising Claw

Post by Measle » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:47 pm

Creed wrote:
Measle wrote:Measle was my nickname in high school.
Dare one ask why? :D

--Creed
Ask away!

:wink:

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Post by xepel » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:36 pm

Measle wrote:Ask away!
Say....

How'd you get the nickname Measle in High School? ;)

Measle
Rising Claw
Rising Claw

Post by Measle » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:55 am

xepel wrote:
Say....

How'd you get the nickname Measle in High School? ;)
Jealousy over my crystal clear complexion and stunning good looks.

Sorry to give you such a mundane answer, but it's actually a corruption of my RL last name.

Pun'isher
Exile

Post by Pun'isher » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:42 am

Mjollnir wrote:
Haffron wrote:We need another punfair, people are having way to much fun with the puns for us not to. This time with more boos! And music... And phastmasivnkswhatchamacallitsicons, yeah! Haffrong aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh thats reminds me of Althea saying Haffron Haff off Haffron Haff off.... it hurts aaaaahhhhhhh lol.
You are my hero!

My inspiration is purely rl. I am a big time punner in real life. I was thinking of a name and I thought pun'isher would be funny cause her puns would be deadlier than her sword. The apostrophe was a fluke. I didn't know that a lot of sylvans had apostrophes. I click Pun a lot as I am in real life. Yes, it's scary. I drive my friends and family nuts. Sometimes I pun to strangers who look at me like I am crazy. I just love that!

Boo Boo Kitty was a cute name that I didn't get totally from Jay and Silent Bob. Though the initial sses to me of Boo Boo Kitty F*@$ were funny. I was more thinking of Shirley Feenie's stuffed animal Boo Boo Kitty. I also planned to make Boo Boo Kitty healer so she could fix boo boos. Boo Boo Kitty's behavior is more freewheeling and so more rp for me.

Your pal,
Pun aka BBK
Pun'isher - Laughing Academy: We're not laughing with you...
Skirwan wrote:If you can do a Zo Batman icon, Hoggle is fired and you get his desk.
I support Chicken-Catcha-Glory in a light tomato sauce.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:27 am

Pun'isher wrote:I was more thinking of Shirley Feenie's stuffed animal Boo Boo Kitty.
Awesome!

Who's Haffron? :twisted:
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Skirwan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:40 am

Good thread, how did I miss this?!

My character's named after a boat.

:wink:
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Kalypso
Rising Claw
Rising Claw

Post by Kalypso » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:54 am

Pun'isher wrote:I click Pun a lot as I am in real life.
Kaly's an idealized version of myself too, though I'm trying to cultivate a level of imagination.

If we're talking alts, I don't think it's a secret that my fighter is Kallisto. (I'm always switching because I can't bear to see a fallen in TC and not do something.)

We call Kallisto "Listy" to tell them apart. Her name is based on the nymph Callisto, who was supposed to remain, er...pure, but just couldn't seem to.

Listy is celibate to torture Odesseus (he likes her tail far too much for Kaly's liking). Like her namesake though, Listy has a bit of trouble with the whole celibacy thing.

Recently Odes and I saw an episode of Xena where there was a character Callisto who was quite evil. I didn't want to give that impression with Listy, though she IS naive so she might do silly things (like giving all her coins to Malkor because she's taken with his charm and such).
"Love" is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.--Robert A. Heinlein

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:52 am

Kalypso wrote: We call Kallisto "Listy" to tell them apart.
How do you tell the difference between Kallisto and Lister then?
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Kalypso
Rising Claw
Rising Claw

Post by Kalypso » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:02 am

Simple, Lister is the one that is not me.

Listy is just what me and Odes call her because we kept getting confused when having conversations about Kaly and Kalli. In retrospect, it was not a good choice to make the names so similar.
"Love" is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.--Robert A. Heinlein

InuTeisei
Exile
Location: Sneaking up on you... shopping somewhere in puddleby

Post by InuTeisei » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:58 pm

Pun'isher wrote:I click Pun a lot as I am in real life. Yes, it's scary. I drive my friends and family nuts.
We secretly discussed committing our dear sis at one point, but decided we did not want to have to pay for the hosp staff's pain and suffering damages....
j/k.... hee hee

What is even funnier are the commercials she does, but that doesn't translate to CL.

Oops I have probably said too much already and will receive a call from her telling me to stop saying stuff...
.:: Smoochy Boochies :: Inu Teisei :D :: Laughing Academy® .. We fall so you don't have to! .. Falling at a snell near you .. Charge! er no Run! Run! :: This sig has been donated to CHICKEN GLORY!! :: When I hear Eldon, I think of office supplies ::.

InuTeisei
Exile
Location: Sneaking up on you... shopping somewhere in puddleby

Post by InuTeisei » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:09 pm

Kaly asked me to post a bit about my character.

Her name is japanese - badly translated.

Inu = Dog
Teisei = Whisper

I was doing a take off on the show titled Dog Whisperer. I got lucky that Ravenstorm agreed to be Punny and Inu's dad (albeit from diff mothers). I say that because now thinking about a cat (inu is half fen) whispering to a dog seems funny to me.

Inu is kinda and kinda not based on who I am or was IRL. The smoochy bit no- never been that way (at least not to everyone ;P). The hugging - yes - but that was a high school thing, we had a lot of fun. Hmm, actually do hug some cowokers but they are usually long lost former ones... The rest of Inu's story is totally made up based on what Pun said about her 'mother' and what my brain seemed to come up with. I actually started a blog, have fun finding it (I dare ya).

I have plans for Inu that are totally IC. Of course that may mean breaking a few hearts... Still it should be a good story.
.:: Smoochy Boochies :: Inu Teisei :D :: Laughing Academy® .. We fall so you don't have to! .. Falling at a snell near you .. Charge! er no Run! Run! :: This sig has been donated to CHICKEN GLORY!! :: When I hear Eldon, I think of office supplies ::.

Pun'isher
Exile

Post by Pun'isher » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:04 pm

InuTeisei wrote: Oops I have probably said too much already and will receive a call from her telling me to stop saying stuff...
I will get you my pretty... eee heee heee heee heee

Your pal,
Pun
Pun'isher - Laughing Academy: We're not laughing with you...
Skirwan wrote:If you can do a Zo Batman icon, Hoggle is fired and you get his desk.
I support Chicken-Catcha-Glory in a light tomato sauce.