Book 1 trip?

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Post Reply
User avatar
Destian
Trainer
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:51 am
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Book 1 trip?

Post by Destian » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:37 pm

So I didn't realize you needed to revisit book 1 two more times before completing it. Sigh...

In any case, anyone up for a book 1 trip anytime soon?
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"

Dyaus
Exile
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:32 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive
Location: GMT-8
Contact:

Re: Book 1 trip?

Post by Dyaus » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Aw :( Sorry Destian. Books 1 and 3 both have several "chapters" -- you train several (I think 8?) ranks, then must revisit the same book to continue. Luckily book 3 is pretty accessible, but 1 is tough. If you can, it's generally best to store a bunch of ranks before visiting so that you can train all the chapters in the same trip. (Generally the only practical way to achieve this is by training a "capped" trainer, and not switching away from said trainer once you've hit the cap.)

A friend of mine would love a book 1 visit.

Eirian
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:29 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active
Location: The Plains
Contact:

Re: Book 1 trip?

Post by Eirian » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:02 pm

That capped trainer tactic is key. If you aren't near the cap of bodrus or something like that, you can do a language; it will cost a few ranks, but then the rest will be stored.

If you are still on the book 1 trainer and haven't switched, then don't! Just wait a good long time... maybe there is some way to count how many ranks are stored, if anyone knows?
6/9/10 9:38:37a Eirian Caldwell has fallen to a Dragonfly.
4/14/15 8:53:57p Geotzou says, "i am very patient, except if i have to wait."

Dyaus
Exile
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:32 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive
Location: GMT-8
Contact:

Re: Book 1 trip?

Post by Dyaus » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:13 am

Eirian wrote:maybe there is some way to count how many ranks are stored, if anyone knows?
I don't think so. If you have a good idea how often you rank in the library it's easy to estimate, but I think that's the only option.

User avatar
Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Posts: 3718
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:58 pm
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active
Contact:

Re: Book 1 trip?

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:45 am

Dyaus wrote:Aw :( Sorry Destian. Books 1 and 3 both have several "chapters" -- you train several (I think 8?) ranks, then must revisit the same book to continue. Luckily book 3 is pretty accessible, but 1 is tough. If you can, it's generally best to store a bunch of ranks before visiting so that you can train all the chapters in the same trip. (Generally the only practical way to achieve this is by training a "capped" trainer, and not switching away from said trainer once you've hit the cap.)

A friend of mine would love a book 1 visit.
I believe book 1 has three chapters of 10 each, and book 3 has four chapters of 8 each, but not getting the additional chapter from book 1 (It's 9 on first visit, 1 on second) means you have to make it up later, so I have heard of some people having odd book 3 amounts and five visits. After book 3, you should have 172 total. Trillbane is 18 in one shot, for a max of 190.

User avatar
Destian
Trainer
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:51 am
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Re: Book 1 trip?

Post by Destian » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:27 pm

At this point, I think I'm actually going to pass on going full trillbane. Generally speaking, there's always a full PF around when needed so I guess it doesn't really matter if I get it or not.

Thanks for the info though, folks!
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"

User avatar
Talas
Exile
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:57 am
Profession: Fighter
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Active
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: Book 1 trip?

Post by Talas » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:44 am

Destian wrote:At this point, I think I'm actually going to pass on going full trillbane. Generally speaking, there's always a full PF around when needed so I guess it doesn't really matter if I get it or not.

Thanks for the info though, folks!
I never regretted full trillbane.
It makes a huge difference if you need someone to open a path for you - especially if you need to escape fast (and thats what healers do when all the fighters failed).
Also it's good to catch up to an already started group (while I don't think southern-est entry requires full Trillbane).
Biggest reason imho is that you can't rely that there will be others around - especially not in the days where we have sometimes less than 5 people online...

User avatar
Destian
Trainer
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:51 am
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Re: Book 1 trip?

Post by Destian » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Talas wrote:
Destian wrote:At this point, I think I'm actually going to pass on going full trillbane. Generally speaking, there's always a full PF around when needed so I guess it doesn't really matter if I get it or not.

Thanks for the info though, folks!
I never regretted full trillbane.
It makes a huge difference if you need someone to open a path for you - especially if you need to escape fast (and thats what healers do when all the fighters failed).
Also it's good to catch up to an already started group (while I don't think southern-est entry requires full Trillbane).
Biggest reason imho is that you can't rely that there will be others around - especially not in the days where we have sometimes less than 5 people online...
I'm sure it'd be handy to have, but there just aren't many applications for it for what I do as my regular routine.
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"

Post Reply