Gather, Rebel Mystics

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Lok' Looth
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Champion
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Re: Gather, Rebel Mystics

Post by Lok' Looth » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:17 pm

What's this I hear about Wangah Rah receiving a knife to the back? That sounds like good fun and I can't really think of a more deserving mystic.
Watch your back.

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:09 am

The shadowguild of Thieves Island was giving us a sample of possible services available to the Shadowguild of puddleby. It was interesting to say the least! Additionally it has sparked a lot of vitriol from some of the weaker individuals in our community. We stand a group in opposition to any who would tell another exile how to live their life. We would never use any powers we acquire to give undue harm. Now if we are pushed to the point of defending ourselves, perhaps there will be consequences for it. Surely if there is a consequence for standing up to the Mystic council, there should be a consequence for standing up to the Shadowguild.

Supporting and joining us is a chance to have your voice be relevent, and to know that you believe each of us deserves equal opportunity to pursue our own paths in any way we wish. We wish to achieve our goals in a format can never be interfered with by the opinions of the small-minded few. Good and evil don't figure in to this world. We are mystical in our own ways, and deserve the ability to fully realize our goals.

To set up a meaningless set of rules and concepts that functionally results as, "THis is our club, and if you're how we like you to be, then you're in" is fine, but only if it's a clan/affiliation or other less practical field. When actual skills are involved, we Shadowguilders believe those abilities should be shared with all members. We will fight to find abilities that we can use, and we will share them with all who join.

-Finally, some mystics are not part of the problem, and even if they speak against us they do not interfere. This is to be expected, and is acceptable to us. Those who would insult, deride, try to stop our progress will be met with harsher resistance sufficient to stop that interference.

Sproutfoot
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Botanist
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active

Post by Sproutfoot » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 am

Sativa wrote:we Shadowguilders believe those abilities should be shared with all members. We will fight to find abilities that we can use, and we will share them with all who join.

I am curious. What of exiles who are impartial observers? It seems knowledge should not be dependent on membership.

Some of us seek knowledge as individuals. What of us?

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:56 am

knowledge can be traded with outsiders. Other things I think you make a choice to join us and get those things. That choice means you get it. It's based on your choice though. Not someone else's decision.

Lok' Looth
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Lok' Looth » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:03 am

I for one have chosen to back the Shadowguild. I don't have an issue with the mystic guild necessarily, but I believe that knowledge hoarded is knowledge wasted. I think there are enough people that feel this way that the Shadowguild will succeed. The mystic guild can maintain it's current position and practices, I don't believe they will come to harm as long as they do not interfere or obstruct the Shadowguild. If they do chose to interfere though we all know mystics are not able combatants.
Watch your back.

Sproutfoot
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Botanist
Race: Halfling

Post by Sproutfoot » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:55 am

Sativa wrote:knowledge can be traded with outsiders. Other things I think you make a choice to join us and get those things. That choice means you get it. It's based on your choice though. Not someone else's decision.
One cannot approach the shadow guild and treaty with them without "joining" the rebelling mystics?

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:06 pm

I dont see why that wouldn't be possible. I would treaty with anyone who is willing to negotiate on equal grounds. We are reasonable people! Additionally, a point that has been lost, we are different than the Shadowguild on thieves. They are assassins, and we simply wish to do business with them, and perhaps hire their men to do work other than killing. I understand how people would have a problem understanding this :)

FriedDylan
Exile
Race: Human

Post by FriedDylan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:42 am

Hmmm, what other work besides killing are assassins able to perform?
You equip your greatsword.
You slaughtered a Frog.

Lok' Looth
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Lok' Looth » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 am

FriedDylan wrote:Hmmm, what other work besides killing are assassins able to perform?
Baking. Assassins make killer croissants!
Watch your back.

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:49 am

We are workign hard to find out what other powers the Shadowguild has, as it is a work in progress. I think any possibilities are open to us. For instance, the shadowy assassin who found Wangah was clearly not visible. That certainly is an interesting fact indeed!

While I'm here I would also like to try to quash the frothing anger building between mystics and rebels. The fact is, it's all fun for all of us. Unfortunately the occasional comment gets said and it pushes the right buttons which stoke individual anger.. I have been guilty of this from time to time, and I do sincerely apologize for every time I have gotten angry about it. It is difficult to hear people tell you how to live your life, and when you try to find your chance to carve your own path, you find others insulting you ever step of the way. it is acceptable for people to argue about this, but I would like to say now that it won't hit levels of anger again, at least not from myself.

Also I would very much like to show that we are trying to fill a role which you can clearly see on the main scrolls for Clanlord.
And I quote, "Gather fame and power — or scheme from the shadows. Undertake epic quests and drive the dramatic storyline"

Starsword
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Starsword » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:58 pm

And I quote, "Gather fame and power — or scheme from the shadows. Undertake epic quests and drive the dramatic storyline"

The first is a social aspect... power is reletive... as is the later. The only thing to gain is social currency.

Epic quests.... I do believe we need more of those.... back in the day when 100 people were clanning, we had the Orga Camps. I miss HGM and his high-jinx. The man could drive a story.

Killian
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Killian » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:01 pm

I support this 100%.
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.