Gather, Rebel Mystics

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Zaerion
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Mystic
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Gather, Rebel Mystics

Post by Zaerion » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm

To all the rebel mystics out there, the time has come to reveal yourselves and make this rebellion a force that cannot be ignored. Things are moving and the time to act is now.

Come find me or Sativa in the lands and declare your support to the cause.

And to any non-mystic exiles out there in support of the rebellion, your efforts are valuable. Do everything you can to agitate for change!

Long live the rebellion! ¿M?
-Zaerion
Death to nematocysts!

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Gather, Rebel Mystics

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Nice to see you around and involved Zaerion! I'm supportive even if not a mystic.

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by Fundin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:22 pm

¿M?
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King

Post by Stinkfist » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:27 pm

The Pirate King of Lok'Groton approves of this rebellion.

Disenchanted, disillusioned, or just wanting to try to progress and gain knowledge in a different a new way, join tha revolution.

Non-mystical supporters voice and offer yer support! If tha rebel mystics ask for aid in a task, please give it.

Tha more different paths ta knowledge we have available to tha community, tha more discoveries will be made and we wills all be stronger for it.

Even you!
Captain Stinkfist, Pirate King, Disgraced Knight, Former Coin Flipping Champion, Head of the Pirates of Lok'Groton

Feodoric Mermeios
Exile
Profession: Mystic
Race: Human

Post by Feodoric Mermeios » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:32 pm

A few words in the interests of deflating some of the rhetoric I have been hearing....

Putting together what I have heard from Sativa and Zaerion, this rebellion is not a rebellion. Its aim is not reform or the overthrow of anyone in command but instead the formation of a new guild with purposes and methods different from the Mystic Guild. There is no enemy to be fought, there are no protests needed, there is no revolution.

As far as I see it, this need not concern the Mystic Guild at all and should not require any response from the Council or any other guild member. Members of the Mystic Guild interested in leaving the guild should do so and found their new guild as they see fit. Obviously, they should not expect the Mystic Guild to provide them with the resources to do this, and they should adopt a new title to designate members of their guild to avoid competition with the old guild over titles. I suggest Mentalist or Illusionist (obviously, it is up to them). New exiles should be able to enter this new guild, since it should not be the Mystic Guild’s sole responsibility to train people so they might become a Mentalist instead (though I do not object to people being able to switch guilds if they change their mind). No one should have to become a mystic if that is not their final goal.

¿M?-ists, if it is your intention simply to split from the Mystic Guild, I suggest that you drop the pretence of a rebellion. If you call it a rebellion within the guild, you antagonize people who support the Mystic Guild. But if you call it simply the formation of a different mind-focused guild, many more mystics, myself included, will be neutral or supportive.

Tafari
Exile
Profession: Ranger

Post by Tafari » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Wasn't this originally a rebellion against the excruciating process that takes years and years for journeymen to be promoted to full mystic? I support it fully if so.

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Feo basically has the concept down, although it is in response to some of the major issues many mystics feel when it comes to finding advancement and a proper place as mystics. We do wish to be a newly formed guild, but non wholly unrelated to mystics. We are not in opposition to mystics and wish no harm to the current version of the guild. I do respect your perspective of not calling us a rebellion, but for now it seems to fit still, since we are a splinter group of mystics who are working to stand out as our own entity. those who support our new organization will not be here to antagonize other mystics, but instead provide alternates for those who feel hopeless and unable to further advance.

Please do not take us as enemies of mystics, rather as different types of mystics who may indeed have their own title. Thank you

Sativa of the Shadowguild, Lord of Illusions.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Daimoth » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:40 pm

It may as well be considered a rebellion because if the new guild exists, why even have a Mystic guild? Only those meager of character or already in positions of pseudo-authority would bother staying when there's another organization available that rewards based on merit instead of adherence to nonsense rulesets and arbitrary secrecy.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:52 pm

I think you have legitimate issues Daimoth, but I think there is merit to the old Mystics. They just keep that stuff secret and in effect it doesnt have a lot of noticeable positives. I honestly think it has a place to exist, and the members in the guild seem very community-based and try to do things that they feel are good for us as a whole. Personally I have a different perspective that I want to get heard, and this provides both an option for mystics who don't see eye to eye with current council policies, but also a means of bringing public attention to the whole thing. Those who disagree with the Shadowguild's ways can join the mystics, and perhaps one day both guilds can work collaboratively on new things to make being out of the library more appealing for all of us.

The anger and rage is more of a plot device, and hopefully will not transfer onto any individual mystics. We really don't want to make enemies, unless those enemies realize they are playing a part for the enjoyment of everyone as per some huge player-run story :)

Still any legitimate problems with mystics should be heard, and the Shadowguild will listen to those grievances and try to include nonmystics in our plans.

Cradlesong
Exile
Profession: Surgeon

Post by Cradlesong » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:42 am

Sativa wrote:Lord of Illusions.
I didn't vote for you. :?
Where do we go from here
Faith is a fading fear
Life is a waiting room
I hope they don't call me soon

FriedDylan
Exile
Profession: Champion
Race: Human

Post by FriedDylan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:27 am

I support doing the most we can do to ensure progress in anyone's chosen vocation is reasonably attainable- however unless some changes in the game's current award system are made, where Mystics are concerned, you'll always require the 'old guild' to get to FM. Wasn't the class written this way?

So unless I've got it all wrong, you need more than one FM to make the FM status. Are full mystics currently joining the Rebellion? I would hope at least the number needed to promote to FM are. In turn, couldn't a number of FMs get together (the required #) and simply demote rebels to squash any rebellion from taking place? Otherwise we're waiting for GMs to do more than a little math to rework the current system (retrofit) with a more open promotion system. Is any of this in the works?
You equip your greatsword.
You slaughtered a Frog.

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Yeah the mechanics will not change so that we can get promoted when we want to. The mystics have that power and we won't be able to change it. Instead we provide an alternate if people feel that FM is not an attainable goal for them. We are the Shadowguild and we are trying to get our own abilities, but maintain that we also were mystics before this happened. In an ideal scenario we would have access to the AM and JM trainers, assuming we achieved that rank, but then we would access the trainers in the new Shadowguild, which forbids permanently our access to the FM trainers, and prevents us from being members of the mystic council. Thats the basic premise. Our powers would hopefully be centered around RP devices which allow us to make stories and events which people can participate in, (these events always would include nonmystics)

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Cradlesong wrote:
Sativa wrote:Lord of Illusions.
I didn't vote for you. :?
harsh! I claim this title in my own right, and I challenge anyone to show me they have a better mastery of the illusory arts.

Gloria
Noble
Profession: Spiritual Advisor
Race: Halfling

Post by Gloria » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Sativa wrote: which forbids permanently our access to the FM trainers, and prevents us from being members of the mystic council. Thats the basic premise.
I guess I am a bit disappointed. Why not have duplicate trainers in the new mystic guild who teach teleportation, illusion breaking and sunstone tuning to mystics in that guild?
Aye'cha wrote:I'm not pulling a Gloria here

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 am

Shadowguild does not identify as the current mystics do. We dont believe that we have the right to deny people entry into our order, and we think its fun to include the nonmystics in our business. We stand separate and sometimes against the mystics when we must, and this is only out of necessity. Choose your sides and join up with whichever philosophy you wish. I believe the Shadowguild even if we go evil are still a better option.