The Words of an Ancient

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Starsword Eojek
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

The Words of an Ancient

Post by Starsword Eojek » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:21 pm

When some of us prayed to Gaia about what to do about the living creatures and plant life that inhabit the east field and forest, she was kind enough to offer a reply.

Sabin Figaro and I, and I believe Rincewind and Lori were there to witness:

From Sabin Live and let live, young one.
3/4/10 4:46:07p Do not disrupt the intricate paths of harmony that bind our world together.
3/4/10 4:47:16p Find the peaceful way to resolve your dispute.
3/4/10 4:48:07p You find beauty in ordinary things, do not lose this ability.
3/4/10 4:53:43p Make peace with yourself, make peace with the world. If this is right, it will happen.

Overall, a resolution needs to come to be. Creatures of the Earth will not negotiate, and do not understand diplomacy, because it is not in their nature to do so. They understand action. They will respect action, and if said action is acceptable, then a looming conflict might be resolved.

We thought of ideas, It was suggested to use the flagstones to pave town square. Other ideas included to turn at least part of the stonework into lit milestone* columns, with foliage, shrubs, and flowering plants in between. This would not be not invasive, and would give life a place to grow, and still allow us to find our way to the east forest Path, and the University. We then discussed the need to get to the university, and the need for a trail at all. Points and counterpoints were made. We need something that will serve the same function as the current paved footpath, and yet meet all parties' needs. We don't have drawn carriages that go back and forth, so why have a stone-paved road?

-Stars
Last edited by Starsword Eojek on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Player Status: Active

Re: The Words of an Ancient

Post by Daimoth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Gaia is a myth fabricated by tree-worshippers and sylvans.

As one of People you should recognize your origins as being akin to the strongest and keenest predators in the planes. Revered as gods themselves by the ancient inhabitants of Metzetli and countless other civilizations. You reveal your weakness by adhering to the invisible deities of those who enslave our kind.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

NewMan
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by NewMan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:30 pm

Faith frees minds to worlds inaccessible to those who lack it!
Jack Nicholson wrote:Is it considered cheating if you're passed along down the cell block like an Indian peace pipe? - Unknown Film

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King
Race: Sylvan

Post by Stinkfist » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:44 pm

The Pirates of Lok'Groton have made the following the official crew position regarding the situation:

We will either support the tearing up of the paved road and the stones be moved to TI to build the embassy there OR

We will support a full scale war against the forces of the forest and collect logs to build the embassy that way.

Bring it on nature! We didn't even bust out our mighty fire today!

Starsword Eojek
Exile

Post by Starsword Eojek » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:51 am

I'm slightly horrified at what I'm hearing, or the lack of listening, and thinking. While I do not worship Gaia as a deity, I recognize her as the Lady she is. She is very very old, ageless, benevolent, and very wise. The issue is not about her, as she is at best a highly respected and widely loved adviser. She is also a very very real individual, though has not made her physical self present in 30 years.

It would be a good idea to listen to her, and make decisions based on what is known. Do you seriously suggest to turn the whole island into something that looks like Ash for the sake of a minor, overbuilt pathway? How can we grow food if the very soil, water, and sea that feeds us refuses to do so?

I'm personally worry that some don't quite understand that fire is part of nature itself. The small island to the west of Puddleby is rife with drakes (hidden and not so hidden) and the fire walkers. What of the Fenix, or what if the Dragon that sleeps should waken? I don't want my home burnt to the ground.

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:33 am

Gaia should show herself to the world again. She has been absent too long!
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Haffron
Knights of Ni

Post by Haffron » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:53 am

Yea, Sabin was muttering something about Gaia talking with him. I was really surprised to hear that he wasn't being obnoxious. I guess it must have been some serious stuff. He was talking about the Zu had demands after they raided. Like, they wanted us to get rid of the roads, etc etc.

So, we definitely are not going to give in to some zu demands, can we make the road more attractive? Maybe, the zu are just being controlled by the fashion police.

OR, we could move the stones to make something cooler like... rocks for the catapult at the castle. It'd be pretty awesome to lob one of those stones at a Darshak.
Santa's crossbow knocked my eye out!

Maeght
Trainer
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling

Post by Maeght » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:05 am

Unless these "powers" care to come to us and negotiate rather than hint at how they insist that we behave, I think we should continue our work. We're part of nature too.

xepel
Trainer

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:24 am

The road looks rather nice to me. Not very nature-disturbing either, it's just one short natural (stone) path that will cause less wear and tear on the actual forest floor.
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Cradlesong
Exile
Profession: Surgeon

Post by Cradlesong » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:29 am

I fail to see why we don't simply have signs that point the way. We live in a town covered in mud. Are we really all that worried about getting our shoes dirty?
Where do we go from here
Faith is a fading fear
Life is a waiting room
I hope they don't call me soon

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King

Post by Stinkfist » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:30 am

Starsword Eojek wrote:I'm slightly horrified at what I'm hearing, or the lack of listening, and thinking. While I do not worship Gaia as a deity, I recognize her as the Lady she is. She is very very old, ageless, benevolent, and very wise. The issue is not about her, as she is at best a highly respected and widely loved adviser. She is also a very very real individual, though has not made her physical self present in 30 years.

It would be a good idea to listen to her, and make decisions based on what is known. Do you seriously suggest to turn the whole island into something that looks like Ash for the sake of a minor, overbuilt pathway? How can we grow food if the very soil, water, and sea that feeds us refuses to do so?

I'm personally worry that some don't quite understand that fire is part of nature itself. The small island to the west of Puddleby is rife with drakes (hidden and not so hidden) and the fire walkers. What of the Fenix, or what if the Dragon that sleeps should waken? I don't want my home burnt to the ground.
Ya seem ta forget that we weild more power than this Gaia, she has sat back as we, on a daily basis, slaughter the forces of nature to get pelts and other such things, sometimes we kill natural beasts for no profit whatsoever. Its what we do.

Ye says we oppose nature? well ye oppose tha nature of yeself. Likes ye so innocent Mr.Sword, I seens ya killin tha forces of nature with us, and seens ya killin tha forces of nature all around us.

Do ya even realize tha concept of what happens in a place likes ash? what turns tha trees and ground to almost dead? It aints tha killin o tree giants and plants with swords, axes, and fire that does it. It takes dark unholy magicks, magicks that we aints bustin out in our fight against nature.

But noooo, listen to tha fake goddess who had us build her a temple and then abandonded. She must afterall really care about our best interests as she has protected us from tha countless dangers that attack our town... riiiight, me pirates are gonna listen to her.

Nows Stars, i gaves ya a choice, help move tha stones to me embassy or be prepared for war against the forest. Ya seemed unreceptive to tha moving tha stones idea. Don't complain whens we go with plan B.

And Maeght is right, we be a part of nature. a crueler more powerful predator than tha other beasts, nature dictates that we survive and tha weak species of tha forest who oppose us die if that is how tha forces of tha forest want to play it.

-With Love,

The Pirate King

P.S.
You can start packing up that road to be moved to TI now or prepare to kill a ton of tree giants for wood ta bring thar. Pick one.

Haffron
Knights of Ni

Post by Haffron » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:45 am

So, yea we could simply move the stones to somewhere more useful, like the city's walls and towers, or to make the town center prettier. We need some suggestions or to have a meeting about what to do with those stones.
Santa's crossbow knocked my eye out!

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant

Post by noivad » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:48 am

NewMan wrote:Faith frees minds to worlds inaccessible to those who lack it!
So does Schizophrenia.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

xepel
Trainer

Post by xepel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:52 am

Haffron wrote:So, yea we could simply move the stones to somewhere more useful, like the city's walls and towers, or to make the town center prettier. We need some suggestions or to have a meeting about what to do with those stones.
Using those paving stones in TC would not be such a bad idea. At least we know that TC is already a non-nature area, and sitting on paving stones is a lot better than sitting in mud, in my opinion.

However, the path is not that bad. I don't understand why 'nature' is so against it. It's not even that ugly! ;p

Jeanne
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Bloodmage

Post by Jeanne » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 am

What is the problem about again? Something to do with the new road to the university? Does Gaia not like it or what? Can someone explain what this note is about in plain Common? Thanks!
Jeanne (Bloodmage) - Moon Kitty (Healer) - Himitsu (Fighter/Ranger)
Lok'Groton Adventures

Appletell - Apple, Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone news and reviews and commentary.