Stooooraaaaaaaaa

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Iriel_Red
TRAP
TRAP
Profession: Fighter
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Stooooraaaaaaaaa

Post by Iriel_Red » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:44 am

*apologies if he's returned to his usual spot since I last visited Puddleby*

Being a mere weakling I have come to depend greatly on the healing favours of this kind simpleton, and must say it's a serious blow to all of us newcomers that he's been so callously murdered and removed from our midst.
Is there any chance of resurrection?

And on a more spiteful note, is there any way one can make his kidnappers and murderers stand accountable for this heinous crime? I'd think community service would be the very least they should suffer.

Code: Select all

if( FLAMING_ON_THE_INTERNET == true)
{
ePeen++;
}
else if( NO_ONE_REACTS == true)
{
fail++;
}

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Re: Stooooraaaaaaaaa

Post by Cinnamon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:23 am

As a simpleton, Stora is fair game for exiles to lead to they Abyss or wherever to fall & be rescued or depart.

This was done to Algernon all the time. Algy learned who to trust and not trust. In fact, those not trusted would complain that Algy wouldn't follow their commands.

If you're looking for a permanent solution, you could petition the Ancients to provide us with a proper healing fountain in TC.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Skirwan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:08 am

Cinnamon wrote:As a simpleton, Stora is fair game
Your boundless compassion is an inspiration to us all.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Fogtripper
Noble
Profession: Walker of Ether

Post by Fogtripper » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:25 am

Skirwan wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:As a simpleton, Stora is fair game
Your boundless compassion is an inspiration to us all.
Look, I could understand being upset at lack of compassion for Algy. He was... not all there. But a closet drunk?

Maybe his liver finally failed?

NewMan
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by NewMan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:03 am

Stora is managed by a PWC, who seems to appear now and then to move him to and from the library etc etc. He can /depart Stora when he next gets the chance and return him to town. It is unfortunate that some idiots have to ruin the livelihood of newbies (and older folks) who rely on someone like Stora to heal them when other healers are not in TC and active (most healers are on hunts, generally far away and those who are in TC are more often than not afk). To top that off, there are barely enough healers in the Lands to begin with. Alienating newbies by killing the one source of healing 90% of the time, is borderline sadistic. Jealousy over Stora stealing your shares and related bullshit, is more immature than I care to describe. The other day, I went coin hunting and came back to TC to get healed, I ended up troilussing to full health since no healers appeared in TC in the space of 30 minutes. This is why Stora is needed and I am somewhat lucky because I have troilus to begin with. Thankfully, these displays of idiocy do not seem to be too frequent...yet. The Gods could probably, in their infinite wisdom, track down the culprit(s) and do something like PND'ing them or killing them and dumping them somewhere real inconvenient. This would be most fitting imo.

Some suggestions to Stora's PWC. Shorten the auto-return to town function so that Stora turns around and go back to his spot below the temple before he leaves the TC snell (Ethereal Portals cannot be opened in TC snell). Also, put in macro that causes him to automatically /sleep if he is pushed, pulled or chained. This would go a long way to thwart the efforts of the snerts who get pleasure out of killing semi-bots and alienating newbies.
Jack Nicholson wrote:Is it considered cheating if you're passed along down the cell block like an Indian peace pipe? - Unknown Film

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Player Status: Active

Post by Lorikeet » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:09 am

NewMan wrote: The other day, I went coin hunting and came back to TC to get healed, I ended up troilussing to full health since no healers appeared in TC in the space of 30 minutes.
You know as a backup you can go in and fail a fighter test and be full health, right? I know some people think that's a little cheating, but then again, it's allowed under the rules. As long as an exile has passed 2nd circle, they can always go down to 1st circle and take the 2nd circle test again. First circle people don't have the same opportunity.

Salandra
Exile
Profession: Mystic
Race: Thoom

Post by Salandra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:35 am

Lorikeet wrote:You know as a backup you can go in and fail a fighter test and be full health, right? I know some people think that's a little cheating, but then again, it's allowed under the rules.
Frankly sounds like an exploit to me... But then again I doubt it will be fixed or that anyone really cares. =/
http://www.lfgcomic.com/
Help control your Mystic population. Bury all their trainers!

Fogtripper
Noble

Post by Fogtripper » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:43 am

NewMan wrote:The Gods could probably, in their infinite wisdom, track down the culprit(s) and do something like PND'ing them or killing them and dumping them somewhere real inconvenient.
I honestly think you are overestimating the degree that GMs weep about a bot being led to their death.

Also: some folks RP evil deeds. It is a sandbox and Stora (as Algy was, R.I.P. little buddy) is one of the toys that one can play with; The nature of the bot.
NewMan wrote:Some suggestions to Stora's PWC. Shorten the auto-return to town function so that Stora turns around and go back to his spot below the temple before he leaves the TC snell (Ethereal Portals cannot be opened in TC snell). Also, put in macro that causes him to automatically /sleep if he is pushed, pulled or chained. This would go a long way to thwart the efforts of the snerts who get pleasure out of killing semi-bots and alienating newbies.
Bots walk (are led) a thin line in regards to what is acceptable. I would wager that such "safeguards' would cross the line.

Look, I am all for a healing fountain in TC. Truly I am. That said, I agree with the view GMs have concerning bots like Stora and Algernon. I accept the good with the bad. In fact, some of the most enjoyable rescues I have been on were to rescue Algy from odd places.

Ayelwen
Exile
Profession: Chainer

Post by Ayelwen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Yes, and I've done what I could to try and help while Stora was awake, albiet i've stood in TC afk (other than yesterday and day before) durring working hours so if someone needed healed, i could. i would make short run rescues when i could. i know several of you asked me if i could go hunt and i had to decline. this is partially why. I logged in durring "im not supposed to be online" hours to try and help.

I see all your "nature of the bot" - "sandbox toy" - "GM's dont care" But let me tell you something, Its not just F***ing with Stora/Algernon, you're F***ing with all the people that have to rely on him. If you want to says it shouldnt be coded for him to save his own tail, then i should earn the power to tow your rear to abyss *without* you being able to refuse just as well.

Find a toy that doesn't have other players depending on it.

/end rant

EDIT:

Those who like to play with Stora just need to realize its not just stora that suffers. I didn't edit the existing post, for personal reasons. But I really do wish they would atleast consider who they are affecting, other than just a toy. if you want stora to not be needed, how about you sit your tail in TC forever to help everyone instead. reduce his value, and then no one would need him anymore.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Daimoth » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:36 pm

If you care that much, you should find out who did it and take them to court.

ooc: This isn't a time where GMs will intervene, nor should they. Bots are one of the most controversial allowances of the game (much of the time they're not even allowed). GMs have mentioned several times that they hate botting. Eldon in particular has said that if Stora doesn't gain more of a personality he will kill the bot himself. It could be a GM who did this, for all we know.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Cammie
Exile
Profession: wife/mom/ranger

Post by Cammie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:23 pm

The bottom line is this hurts new exiles, which hurts the Lands overall. Wasn't there a recent discussion all about "getting new exiles should be top priority?" Well we have some now, and keeping them around should be top priority. Killing Stora is completely counterproductive to this end. So, thanks loads. :(

I've tried to have my healer Tessamyn around in TC, but of course I can't be around all the time. I really hope this lack of healing doesn't discourage new exiles from leaving the library. :/
Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.

Fogtripper
Noble

Post by Fogtripper » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Ayelwen wrote:If you want to says it shouldnt be coded for him to save his own tail, then i should earn the power to tow your rear to abyss *without* you being able to refuse just as well.
Earn the power? Catch Fogtripper botting his mystic skills in TC, wait for him to be killed by a rat (not far fetched you know), and have at it.

Again, I do not drag bots off to the abyss, but I accept that it happens and that it is part of the deal we make with the GMs to allow certain bots to exist. I feel bad if a noob has to wait a period of time to troilus. Just as I feel bad if they have to lay fallen in the field waiting for a rescue.
Cammie wrote:The bottom line is this hurts new exiles, which hurts the Lands overall. Wasn't there a recent discussion all about "getting new exiles should be top priority?" Well we have some now, and keeping them around should be top priority. Killing Stora is completely counterproductive to this end. So, thanks loads. :(

I've tried to have my healer Tessamyn around in TC, but of course I can't be around all the time. I really hope this lack of healing doesn't discourage new exiles from leaving the library. :/

Did Troilus suddenly become worthless? I do not accept that lack of a quick heal by a bot is game breaking for a noob.

Cammie
Exile
Profession: wife/mom/ranger

Post by Cammie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Another instance: I chain a fallen to town, where there are no healers. Myself and maybe another fighter sitting around gets their healer out of the library. They heal the fallen, and then return to the library. This is better for the game than Stora... how, exactly?

Most healers who actually play these days are off on Metz or something. While there seems to be no quick solution to the lack of real, available healers, at least Stora helps fill the void.
Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.

Ayelwen
Exile
Profession: Chainer

Post by Ayelwen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Fogtripper wrote:
Ayelwen wrote:If you want to says it shouldnt be coded for him to save his own tail, then i should earn the power to tow your rear to abyss *without* you being able to refuse just as well.
Earn the power? Catch Fogtripper botting his mystic skills in TC, wait for him to be killed by a rat (not far fetched you know), and have at it.

Again, I do not drag bots off to the abyss, but I accept that it happens and that it is part of the deal we make with the GMs to allow certain bots to exist. I feel bad if a noob has to wait a period of time to troilus. Just as I feel bad if they have to lay fallen in the field waiting for a rescue.
Cammie wrote:The bottom line is this hurts new exiles, which hurts the Lands overall. Wasn't there a recent discussion all about "getting new exiles should be top priority?" Well we have some now, and keeping them around should be top priority. Killing Stora is completely counterproductive to this end. So, thanks loads. :(

Did Troilus suddenly become worthless? I do not accept that lack of a quick heal by a bot is game breaking for a noob.
Sorry about using the word "You" but when you're the advocate carrying the Flag, "You" comes out easily. And those who kill(ed) stora, i go on the assumption, don't leave their bodies alone botting. so there is no "Earn the power".

Yes, troilus works, if you are alive, and if you have it. The problem is that there are times when a healer is needed, and one not around. First of all, understand it isn't *exactly* stora's well being that im talking about here. What I feel is wrong here, is when Iriel Red, Nunie(l), Cammie, BKC, or any of the many friends and people i know (this is a rather small community) have to lay fallen with no help, or even the sympathy if a regular fighter has to rely on troilus. If you want to know what I mean, just go visit the other thread that has been going on about when double accounts are and are not allowed.

Maeght
Trainer
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling

Post by Maeght » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:05 pm

I doubt it would be that hard to figure out from the log history so we could pursue it in the lands. Might be a feature for the web site, even if only a subset of entries, like reduced to move requests, chains and falls.