Debate for Fen Prez?

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Moderator should be

Pun'isher
No votes
Largo
14%
Relkin
No votes
Phrooooooooon
14%
Someone I purposefully left out
71%

Total votes: 7

InuTeisei
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Inactive
Location: Sneaking up on you... shopping somewhere in puddleby

Re: Debate for Fen Prez?

Post by InuTeisei » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:31 pm

Okee, so I have decided to run. And I challenge Largo to a debate in TC not here.

I am picking Pun'isher as my running mate, so obviously she's out as a moderator.

I think Wangah would do an nice job, but I prefer Paramedic since he managed to corner, er I mean bring up salient points with Odes.

You can see my announcement here:
http://goanimate.com/go/movie/0-NPkTTd6y3Y
.:: Smoochy Boochies :: Inu Teisei :D :: Laughing Academy® .. We fall so you don't have to! .. Falling at a snell near you .. Charge! er no Run! Run! :: This sig has been donated to CHICKEN GLORY!! :: When I hear Eldon, I think of office supplies ::.

Maeght
Trainer
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active

Post by Maeght » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:59 am

It oughta be a dance contest. We know full well the Fen Presidents soft shoe around any issue.

- Maeght

InuTeisei
Exile

Post by InuTeisei » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:54 pm

Largo vs Inu, round 1
http://goanimate.com/go/movie/02S5tgpE0QEU

Ready to debate Largo, Calli and Stylunk!!!
.:: Smoochy Boochies :: Inu Teisei :D :: Laughing Academy® .. We fall so you don't have to! .. Falling at a snell near you .. Charge! er no Run! Run! :: This sig has been donated to CHICKEN GLORY!! :: When I hear Eldon, I think of office supplies ::.

Odesseus
Rising Claw
Rising Claw

Post by Odesseus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:55 pm

I officially volunteer to moderate the debate, as I am probably the wisest and most learned Fen in this puny, unholy excuse for an island chain. That's aside from my stellar run as the the last Fen President, of course.

However, it will have to be at a time and place of my choosing. I'm busy, ya know.

And, yes, why I can't run again is something of a puzzle. Since I am Fen President, can I declare that I can change the rules and run again? I don't see why not.
Be nice or I'll eat you. >:"E

Althea
Exile

Post by Althea » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:33 pm

Odesseus wrote:I officially volunteer to moderate the debate, as I am probably the wisest and most learned Fen in this puny, unholy excuse for an island chain. That's aside from my stellar run as the the last Fen President, of course.

However, it will have to be at a time and place of my choosing. I'm busy, ya know.

And, yes, why I can't run again is something of a puzzle. Since I am Fen President, can I declare that I can change the rules and run again? I don't see why not.
No. you may not.

I will however, offer to moderate the debate. I am much wiser than Odesseus and given his partisan support of Kallisto, better positioned to provide fair moderation.

Plus, I'll actually show up.
Fighters fight, Healers heal, Rangers learn, Champions adapt, and Mystics cry themselves to sleep at night. - Gorvin

Odesseus
Rising Claw
Rising Claw

Post by Odesseus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Althea wrote:
No. you may not.

I will however, offer to moderate the debate. I am much wiser than Odesseus and given his partisan support of Kallisto, better positioned to provide fair moderation.

Says who? And wiser? Hm!

And I promise in my wisdom and experience I can be as non-partisan as the next whatever. Plus, seeing as Althea thinks the world of Largo, I question her partisan leanings, as well.

And since when have I never shown up for something I was requested to show up at that I agreed to show? Hmm, Your Wisdomness?
Be nice or I'll eat you. >:"E

Maeght
Trainer
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active

Post by Maeght » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:20 pm

Althea wrote: No. you may not.

With all due respect Althea, I know Odesseus. You're no Odesseus. As an expert at doing nothing, I can assure you that you don't have the depth of doing nothing expertise that Odesseus does. Lest anyone misinterpret my words, I accuse you Althea of being *effective*.

His rumored "support" of Kallisto is just that. What has he done? I think you'll find he has a virtually unblemished record of ne'er-do-anything.

And being there is highly overrated. Why subject your judgement to heat of the moment bias when you can calmly consider your options while doing nothing? We want a Fen President who will dedicate the time and energy necessary to do nothing in a manner that supports the citizenry in the best possible way.

If in fact Odesseus supports Kallisto's bid, I think you'll find no better teacher for the job.

- Maeght

InuTeisei
Exile

Post by InuTeisei » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:54 am

I will show up in TC during the open hunt this weekend to debate. Time is drawing close, so let's get one in the can okee?

I am thinking of appearing during the normal open hunt time (ooc: Sundays @ 2:30pm Eastern).

I have my script, er debate points all raring to go!

A VOTE FOR INU, IS A VOTE FOR FUN!