Book 2 Trip - around Tsrrin

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

InuTeisei
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Inactive
Location: Sneaking up on you... shopping somewhere in puddleby

Book 2 Trip - around Tsrrin

Post by InuTeisei » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:49 pm

OOC date: Sunday, Oct 26th @ 14:30 EDT, 11:30 PDT.
Date: 11:05 pm on Terrdi, day 55 of Autumn, 572
1. We need 2 teleporting mystics, will pay!
That means Punny and I will have to do some serious coining. So if you see us in the lands, please invite us!
2. We are hoping it will also be tsrrin, so if you want to go, please make sure you have your costume on by 2:30 EDT/11:30PDT or skip the costume until we return.
3. You need to have completed book 1 - all 3 chapters, in order to start book 2.
Each Book 1 chapter is 10 ranks. If you are missing a chapter or two hopefully someone else will organize a book 1 trip before this one. Sorry today was our last book 1 trip that LA will be sponsoring for about four or more years.
4. You can study the second chapter of book 2 as part of book 3, so you do NOT need to store ranks for this if you are a full book 1 pf.
If you do store ranks, you only need to store 10 ranks.
5. Rumor has it, that the max ranks you can store is 150, before you stop earning ranks.
6. LA will provide ale, brew and baked goodies afterwards in TC.
Inu will be buying wheat, barley, yeast and hops - usually.
7. Please contact Pun'isher or Inu Teisei if you want to go or are a teleporting mystic.
If you are a teleporting mystic please magic mail me at myname@gmail - dotskee - com - or PM me via Sentinel
P.S. A book 3 trip will be sponsored by Laughing Academy around Bawkmas time. But there should be plenty more trips to Book 3 before that by other groups.

Edited one time.
Last edited by InuTeisei on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.:: Smoochy Boochies :: Inu Teisei :D :: Laughing Academy® .. We fall so you don't have to! .. Falling at a snell near you .. Charge! er no Run! Run! :: This sig has been donated to CHICKEN GLORY!! :: When I hear Eldon, I think of office supplies ::.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Book 2 Trip - around Tsrrin

Post by Lorikeet » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:05 pm

The first chapter of Book Two is 9 lessons; there is an additional page of 1 lesson that you can learn, but is not necessary since it also appears in Book Three, as Inu said.

InuTeisei
Exile

Post by InuTeisei » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Announcing the SAM Foundation! Yes Punny & I are raising bribes-er tips for the teleporting mystics that help out on this planned Book 2 trip. To do that we have started the SAM Foundation - Save A Mystic & Save the World Foundation.

You can help out poor unloved mystics with only a few coins a day. Your donation will help keep a poor mystic off the streets (or fallen somewhere).

Because without mystics, we would be lost.

Please give generously to the the SAM Foundation! :D

As of today we have raised 940c (yes all in one day).
.:: Smoochy Boochies :: Inu Teisei :D :: Laughing Academy® .. We fall so you don't have to! .. Falling at a snell near you .. Charge! er no Run! Run! :: This sig has been donated to CHICKEN GLORY!! :: When I hear Eldon, I think of office supplies ::.

Torin
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Champion
Race: Dwarf

Post by Torin » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:16 am

Hmm. I don't mind tipping the mystics, but outright bribery doesn't seem the best way to go. They get to be part of an epic adventure that they couldn't do on their own, and they can make an important contribution. Tipping, share locks, GK, and thanks are good ways to show your appreciation. A couple of them may be motivated mostly by the money, but the rest seem genuinely interested in going to challenging places that are rarely seen. Scheduling is probably what will determine who comes and who doesn't. Better to talk with them individually, find out their schedules, and ask what they want/need.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:22 am

The differences between a tip and a bribe are semantic. At best it's just the timing/declaration.

2 hours of boredom followed by 5 minutes of usefulness followed by 2 more hours of boredom. Oh sure they can scan for BS and buff fighters, but their core reason for being there is to 'port.

Shares on a Book2 trip aren't great. The tactics frequently require fast kills.

I gather the reason for the collection plate is that the organisers are having trouble getting a couple of 'porting mystics to come.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Maeght
Trainer
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling

Post by Maeght » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:26 pm

Cinnamon wrote:The differences between a tip and a bribe are semantic. At best it's just the timing/declaration.
Thanks. This explains a lot about your posts.

- Maeght

Torin

Post by Torin » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Cinnamon, that's the life of a mystic. Some people enjoy it. If they didn't, you couldn't pay them enough coins to come out of the library.

As for what Inu and Pun'isher have tried, I don't assume anything. They started out from Day 1 offering money. If they tried to contact mystics one-on-one and find out what times are good for them, whether they are interested, etc., they didn't make any mention of it.

Xel
Noble

Post by Xel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:00 pm

OOC: Some mystics aren't likely to schedule a month in advance for lack of knowing what else is on their plates around that time, too. I usually only know if I can attend a CL function a couple days before the event.

I'm sure, of course, that there are some mystics who do need quite a bit of notice.
"Barrin taught me that the hardest lessons to grasp are the ones you've already learned."

Pun'isher
Exile

Post by Pun'isher » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:26 pm

Save A Mystic! Save the World!

Our goal is to be generous and appreciative of the daily struggle of mysticdom and subsequent poverty. Mystics are valued members of Puddlebean society and we consider this more like an endowment/grant, to those who are willing to fall for us or to get us where we need to go.

As you can see, many mystics are humbly dressed by their lack of funds for expensive stylish clothing like pink and gold. They locate fallens and assist when possible. We appreciate them and want to make sure they know they are valued. Yes valued as key citizens and very important. Why, can you just imagine a day without a mystic..... hear the silence... kind of sad isn't it. *wipes a tear*

So, remember when you see a mystic...smile and say thanks...maybe even give em a pat on the back or a hug.

This public service announcement brought to you by Laughing Academy: We fall almost as often as mystics do....okay more.

My name is Pun'isher and I approve this announcement.
Pun'isher - Laughing Academy: We're not laughing with you...
Skirwan wrote:If you can do a Zo Batman icon, Hoggle is fired and you get his desk.
I support Chicken-Catcha-Glory in a light tomato sauce.

InuTeisei
Exile

Post by InuTeisei » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:26 pm

Punny has waxed so eloquently about the reasons why we are trying to obtain such a big tip jar for the lucky mystics who get to come on this splendid trip. I don't think I can add much more to that other than I think the tip shows how much we appreciate the time and skills of our mystics. Note that we will of course also bestow lots of GK on them as well. Hmm I smell another goal, making mystics blue!!

P.S. That and the fact that mystics have saved LA's bacon so many times, it about time we reciprocated.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:26 am

The life of a Mystic is what we make it. We being everyone. If we make the life of a Mystic on where hours of boredom are compensated with cash, that's part of the life of a Mystic. Not to ignore the fundemental truths of being a Mystic, it sucks. Just that if someone wants to bribe Malkor, I doubt he'd have any problem with that. Maybe some Mystics would refuse a bribe/tip/fee/endowment/grant/whatever you want to call it. Cash for services is hardly a foreign concept, especially when working with Mystics. I can't count the number of hunts I've been on where the organizer declared that people are expected to 'tip' the Mystic a minimum amount. Heading to Noth? Have 50c handy for the Mystic who just came out of the lib to open.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Race: Thoom

Post by Phroon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 pm

I pay 1000c for messages from Tenebrion that I don't have.

Torin

Post by Torin » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:09 am

I have nothing against money changing hands. However, money isn't the only thing that motivates people, nor is lack of money the main obstacle to people doing things together, with or without mystics. Use a coin reward if you like, but don't forget to communicate with individual people to find out what gets them excited enough to come out of the library.

InuTeisei
Exile

Post by InuTeisei » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:50 am

Thanks Torin, I will see if I can figure out how else to motivate mystics to help us out, since I can think of one if particular who rumor has it is already filthy rich. For the record two have come forward indicating they may be able to help out. One is not exactly sure they can make it so I am still shooting for having 3 mystics on the list (and raising funds for 3 mystics).

Now if only they could feed the coins into a mystic rank fountain....

InuTeisei
Exile

Post by InuTeisei » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:32 pm

We at LA wish to thank all the exiles who have donated to SAM or invited us on hunts to so we can save up massive amounts of coinage. I am pleased to announce that we have met our intial goal and are 1/3 of the way to our final goal. Given that the hunt is not for 1/2 a puddleby year (ooc: two more months), we will cease active koppis (I think they fell off themselves) and actual collection. If you still desire to donate, we will gladly accept the donation for making our final goal.

Frankly we are very happy with the support shown by the Puddleby Community in helping fund this endevour. We look forward to having as many exiles as possible show up for the Book 2 trip.

Once again Thank You!! :mrgreen: