Puddleby Players' new play on June 1

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Measle
Rising Claw
Rising Claw
Profession: Champion/Bard
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Puddleby Players' new play on June 1

Post by Measle » Thu May 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Puddleby Players are proud to announce the premiere of their latest work..

This Thoom for Hire

Set in the seething underbelly of Kismia's Island, this noir crime tale follows the tribulations of former racetrack employee Skirwan Q Thoom as she uncovers a vipers' nest of corruption just beneath Lok Groton's surface.

WITNESS in glorious 2-D, special effects unparalleled in Puddleby's history and THRILL to the gripping tale you've come to expect from Puddleby's foremost acting troupe.

Starring...

Miug as our titular heroine. Raised in the tough world of snail racing and willing to get her hands dirty at any job, can she survive in the cut throat world of Kismia's Island?

Only Measle could bring to life Kismia's toughest regular, Mujin-kun. Beautiful. Deadly. And with legs that go all the way up to her hips.

No one is deeper embroiled in illegalities of Kismia's Island than Fat Alice and only Pun'isher has the weight to do the role justice. Well, that and a little extra padding round the hips.

Inu Teisei plays the puppet master (or mistress) behind the goings on. We'd reveal who it is now, but that would spoil the play. Suffice to say, she brings a terror to role that will make you wish you wore your brown underpants to the playhouse.

This Thoom for Hire will run for ONE PERFORMANCE ONLY on June 1 at Noon Pacific time.

Be there or miss out on the biggest thrillride since... well... since ever!

Bakunan
Exile

Re: Puddleby Players' new play on June 1

Post by Bakunan » Sun May 25, 2008 10:29 am

I won't be able to see it. Best of luck to the players.
I just wanted to say, I think Measle has captured Mujin's presence perfectly. :twisted:

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Skirwan » Mon May 26, 2008 6:07 am

As spokesperson pro tem of the Legion of Skirwans, I must express my dismay that the role of a Skirwan is apparently being played by a non-Skirwan. I find it disturbing that the Puddleby Players, when faced with casting a Skirwan character, chose to recruit a non-Skirwan rather than selecting from the ranks of available Skirwan actors and actresses. Though I don't believe this was done out of any sense of malice, the indignity being dealt to all Skirwankind with this selection is significant, and I must regret to inform you that the membership of the Legion of Skirwans are debating a formal protest.

Respectfully,
Skirwan
DFLo.GNo.NG,
Spokesperson pro tempore, Legion of Skirwans
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Mon May 26, 2008 9:45 am

If you're playing yourself, is it really acting?
Unfortunately I'll be paddling upriver looking to restock my fishing cooler.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom
Player Status: Active

Post by Phroon » Mon May 26, 2008 6:43 pm

Cinnamon wrote:If you're playing yourself, is it really acting?
Unfortunately I'll be paddling upriver looking to restock my fishing cooler.
Skirwan would not be playing the part of Skirwan. Instead, he will be playing the part of Skirwan.

Or, with notes to help those who do not understand the difference between Skirwan and Skirwan:
Skirwan (the zo) would not be playing the part of Skirwan (the zo). Instead, he would be playing the part of Skirwan (the thoom).

Illora Mone
Snow Lemming
Race: Sylvan

Post by Illora Mone » Mon May 26, 2008 7:18 pm

I'm sure Miug is honored by the opportunity to represent Skirwans and will be trying her hardest to live up to the name.
Normal is just a stereotype.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Skirwan » Mon May 26, 2008 8:12 pm

Phroon wrote:Skirwan (the zo) would not be playing the part of Skirwan (the zo). Instead, he would be playing the part of Skirwan (the thoom).
Actually I think the rôle of Skirwan would in fact be far better played by Skirwan, Skirwan, Skirwan, or Skirwan -- or one of the dozens of other well-known Skirwan actors. I myself am not an actor excepting when speaking to Noivad, and the less said about that the better. I am not the leader of the Legion of Skirwans -- I'm merely the temporary spokesperson while Skirwan is on maternity leave, and should this situation escalate I'm sure President Skirwan will step in to handle the matter personally.

Cinnamon, how would you feel watching the role of one of the People instead played by a particularly unshaven human? Phroon, what would you say to a Thoomish role being played by a dwarf in a wetsuit? Illora, how would you feel if a new play had a starring role for a Sylvan and the production company chose instead to substitute a Halfling on stilts?

The Legion of Skirwans remain severely unhappy about this slight to all Skirwankind.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Illora Mone
Snow Lemming

Post by Illora Mone » Tue May 27, 2008 5:13 am

I'm sure if any of those Skirwans wished to join the theater group, they could fill the role. As none of them have bothered, Miug's all they've got.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue May 27, 2008 9:23 am

Skirwan wrote: Cinnamon, how would you feel watching the role of one of the People instead played by a particularly unshaven human? Phroon, what would you say to a Thoomish role being played by a dwarf in a wetsuit? Illora, how would you feel if a new play had a starring role for a Sylvan and the production company chose instead to substitute a Halfling on stilts?
It is called acting, right?
If it was done well, I'd be impressed with the skills of the theatre technicians, costume, make-up, staging as well as the skill of the actor & director.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

InuTeisei
Exile
Location: Sneaking up on you... shopping somewhere in puddleby

Post by InuTeisei » Fri May 30, 2008 5:03 am

Wangah, please disappear Skirwan (the zo one). :D
.:: Smoochy Boochies :: Inu Teisei :D :: Laughing Academy® .. We fall so you don't have to! .. Falling at a snell near you .. Charge! er no Run! Run! :: This sig has been donated to CHICKEN GLORY!! :: When I hear Eldon, I think of office supplies ::.

Stylunk
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Stylunk » Fri May 30, 2008 6:07 am

Am anyone seen Skirwan? Skirwan and Stylunk am supposed to am have lunch together, but Skirwan am not show... and now Stylunk am not find him anywhere!

Illora Mone
Snow Lemming

Post by Illora Mone » Fri May 30, 2008 6:49 am

Were you going to show him that brand new hot pink or orange top you've been obsessing over?

Super Chicken
Noble

Post by Super Chicken » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 pm

That was a great play! big thanks to all the actors and writers and.. the GM and artists who did the new stuff for the theater!
Change your sig to support Chicken Glory!

Phineas
Red Quill
Red Quill

Post by Phineas » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:55 am

Is a visionstone available? I missed it!

Measle
Rising Claw
Rising Claw
Profession: Champion/Bard
Race: Human

Post by Measle » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:17 pm

Phineas wrote:Is a visionstone available? I missed it!
Yes, visionstones of both the play and the pre play show are available at https://laughingacademy.org/files/ThisThoomForHire.zip