Metz Incursion!!

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

MaryJane
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Mystic

Metz Incursion!!

Post by MaryJane » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:20 pm

The Next incursion will be the night of Terrdi, the 36th Day of Spring (OOC: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:04 pm PDT) 1 South of the Twilight Village Entry on Metz.

We will need a very strong crew to contain this incursion... PLease plan on being there.
Purple Haze All In My Brain !!

InuTeisei
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Inactive
Location: Sneaking up on you... shopping somewhere in puddleby

Re: Metz Incursion!!

Post by InuTeisei » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:05 am

Posted on calendar.
.:: Smoochy Boochies :: Inu Teisei :D :: Laughing Academy® .. We fall so you don't have to! .. Falling at a snell near you .. Charge! er no Run! Run! :: This sig has been donated to CHICKEN GLORY!! :: When I hear Eldon, I think of office supplies ::.

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Race: Thoom
Player Status: Active

Post by Phroon » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:23 am

Just a subtle bump to remind everyone that reads the sentinel.

I'll be there, so please try to set aside time to join us! Securing the planes is the first step toward something great, I can feel it.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:41 pm

Bad timing, too bad, these are fun!
This sig pic removed by Vagile

DragonHawk
Exile
Profession: Designated Faller

Post by DragonHawk » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:16 pm

I'll be there! probably!
Largo wrote: "If you say one more bad thing about my festive shirt, I'm going to tear out your damn eyes."
Foxx wrote: "Every word you speak sends children running for their lives, screaming in fear."
...CHICKEN GLORY!

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™

Post by Phroon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:29 pm

The incursion is in 24hours, 35 minutes. Be there!

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Lorikeet » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:45 pm

I can't get there until after a bit after it starts; however, it seems that a group should be clearing that area before it starts if there is any hope to be able to succeed.

MaryJane
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Mystic

Post by MaryJane » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:51 pm

I would also like to suggest we move the portal to the entrance of the Passes there as well, to at least bypass most of the forest/swamp stuff..

Anyone who can do that?
Purple Haze All In My Brain !!

Hoggle
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by Hoggle » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Last I heard, placing the portal on Metz as frowned upon(atleast by AnnGM.) This was a while back however. I am not certain if it is ok to do so now... or perhaps an exception could be made for this one case to fight the incursion.

Could Eldon/Slarty/Ann/Anyone respond here?

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™

Post by Phroon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:04 pm

Hoggle wrote:Last I heard, placing the portal on Metz as frowned upon(atleast by AnnGM.) This was a while back however. I am not certain if it is ok to do so now... or perhaps an exception could be made for this one case to fight the incursion.

Bullshit. We're fighting a war here. If they didn't want us using the portal this way, they shouldn't have put an incursion on Metz Island.

InuTeisei
Exile
Location: Sneaking up on you... shopping somewhere in puddleby

Post by InuTeisei » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:19 pm

Phroon wrote:
Hoggle wrote:Last I heard, placing the portal on Metz as frowned upon(atleast by AnnGM.) This was a while back however. I am not certain if it is ok to do so now... or perhaps an exception could be made for this one case to fight the incursion.

Bullshit. We're fighting a war here. If they didn't want us using the portal this way, they shouldn't have put an incursion on Metz Island.

Amen!
.:: Smoochy Boochies :: Inu Teisei :D :: Laughing Academy® .. We fall so you don't have to! .. Falling at a snell near you .. Charge! er no Run! Run! :: This sig has been donated to CHICKEN GLORY!! :: When I hear Eldon, I think of office supplies ::.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Skirwan » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:20 am

Phroon wrote:Bullshit. We're fighting a war here.

Actually we're fighting warming. :wink:
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Kani
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Ranger

Post by Kani » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:30 am

OOC note: Hoggle (and others), this is an IC forum. Try to keep it IC.[/OOC]

If we can move the portal to Metzetli, I say we do it. If the magics of the land don't make the process impossible, as they do make it impossible to move it to Kizmia's Island or the ethereal plane, by all means we should use any natural advantages we can get. We are fighting a war...ming here, after all.
The obstacle is the path.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:19 am

Last edited by Cinnamon on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yor
Exile

Post by Yor » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:29 am

Kani wrote:OOC note: Hoggle (and others), this is an IC forum. Try to keep it IC.[/OOC]

If we can move the portal to Metzetli, I say we do it. If the magics of the land don't make the process impossible, as they do make it impossible to move it to Kizmia's Island or the ethereal plane, by all means we should use any natural advantages we can get. We are fighting a war...ming here, after all.

I was under the impression that the portal can't be moved onto Metz, much like KI. I guess it's a good time to find out but it would be a shame to see some people invest the time into moving it there only to discover it can't be moved onto the island? Can any GM comment please?

As for the incursion itself, it's going to be an extremely difficult nut to crack without the portal. Even with the portal it would be very difficult but at least a little better.

While everybody is welcome and can play a role the bottom line is that this particular incursion will need alot of high-level exiles to succeed. Metz is a very dangerous place. There's just no way around that. So those of you high-level exiles that have been avoiding the incursion stuff might want to consider helping out. If you're not interested in this storyline and just want it to go away here's your chance to help the community and get us all, one (big) step closer to ending this.

I might be able to be there to secure the area before it starts but unfortunately I can't stick around long after it starts (not by choice).

Yor
Trillbane skims “The Tao of Trillbane” finding nothing he doesn't already know.