Portal placement and time frame.

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Killian
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Portal placement and time frame.

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:01 pm

For starters I'll say Killian and dashiva will gain many ranks if it stays in bison plains. However, if we leave it there for four year or more like we did in camp dred many will miss out. Just as many have missed out on using it while it was in CD. We should use this time as a wake-up call. Let's all use it in a way that works for everyone.

Let's use it to open up new opportunities for all.

It has been in CD for a long time. But you all know why. It's a great place. We also have many other great places that could use the portal. It was placed in bison plain for one reason. A few felt it is time for a change. It is time for a change. From this time forward I ask that you all voice your opinion and have some kinda vote before doing something in haste. I hate to sound harsh but it is what it is. The portal is for all of us to use. If it stays in BP or even (forgive me if I get it wrong) frogwhatever for a bit, OK. But we really need to talk about were it's going next. Many of us want to move it. But we do not. So where would you move it? Speak up! Please.

Now is the perfect time to talk about when and how Afton we do so. We can hold our community together while satisfying all of our needs. So many places to explore. So many to help. We have the tools. We could even help the mystics from time to time. /action ponders "What?".

Let's do this. Everyone here has great influence in the game. Let's use that influence to help others and ourselves.

It really would be a great accomplishment to see the portal moved and all helping.
Sorry for the typos.
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

Killian
Exile

Re: Portal placement and time frame.

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Someone start this off. How should the portals be used that will make all happy? Well most.

Maeght
Trainer
Race: Halfling

Post by Maeght » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:32 pm

How do you figure out who we're making happy? And do we value each exile's happiness equally?

One of the problems is that the "righteous" speak for a lot of people.

I think there are a group of more casual players that want CD, a group of "hard core" players that want it to move with the main hunting ground, and another group of people that doesn't want to get on the bad side of either.

Killian
Exile

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:17 pm

Maeght wrote:How do you figure out who we're making happy? And do we value each exile's happiness equally?

One of the problems is that the "righteous" speak for a lot of people.

I think there are a group of more casual players that want CD, a group of "hard core" players that want it to move with the main hunting ground, and another group of people that doesn't want to get on the bad side of either.
I do know one thing. That is, the portal will be useful in completing a quest if we let them continue. I may not agree with how this all started but it is a Worthy quest that all can join. I know in my heart when this is done all of us will be able to move the portal to places we would like to hunt often. Sometimes it may not end up where we want it to but I will make the best of it. I hope others will to. Also. Please talk to your clan. See where your brothers and sister's might like to put it. We really do need to move it as a group. And move it often. It opens up so many places for the new and old.

Icy
Noble
Profession: All
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Icy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:16 am

Clan Chilled abstains. Don't care, bruh.
3/3/15 9:27:45a Icy has fallen to a Rat.

Killian
Exile

Post by Killian » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:02 pm

I'd like to start the portal moving process this IC fall. The first day of fall. I have had very little feedback one way or the other on when and where it should be placed. I agree it's time we started exploring our options. When I say "Our" that means everyone has a say. When it gets moved I understand some may not like the area. Heck I know I won't like some of the areas but I'm ok with that. My idea is not perfect but it's the only one I have to go by until others speak up. CD will always be on the list to have it placed. So I know it will get hunted often. Keep in mind that the portal will help solve a new quest the mystic's wish to complete. I'd also like to see this happen. I'd also like to see the portal placed on peaceton for a bit. Noth as well. Drake din would make me smile. BP outpost is a solid spot to vote for.

I feel that it should be moved often and the move should be made public. The portal will always be open to all. Many of us have alts that my benefit from one place or another.

Think about where you want it and Speak UP! we need you to.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer

Post by Lorikeet » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:27 pm

It's my understanding the portal does not work right on other islands. (Note the problem when it was moved to KI, and there was no return available.)

When is IC Fall?

Whirl wind
Exile
Profession: Sky Mystic
Race: Human

Post by Whirl wind » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:43 pm

The portal to my knowledge should work fine while on other islands...its just the return trip for moving it to Puddleby is harder and Cloud cant be charged to that portal...What problem did it have on KI?
Who needs the Mainland? I've got a floating island!

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer

Post by Lorikeet » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Whirl wind wrote:The portal to my knowledge should work fine while on other islands...its just the return trip for moving it to Puddleby is harder and Cloud cant be charged to that portal...What problem did it have on KI?
It could be moved there, but I was told it was "broken". I think it would send you to the next place, but you couldn't get back. You can check someone who was working with it there. Can the Cloud move off Puddleby Island?

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Mac » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Lorikeet wrote:
Whirl wind wrote:The portal to my knowledge should work fine while on other islands...its just the return trip for moving it to Puddleby is harder and Cloud cant be charged to that portal...What problem did it have on KI?
It could be moved there, but I was told it was "broken". I think it would send you to the next place, but you couldn't get back. You can check someone who was working with it there. Can the Cloud move off Puddleby Island?
Making a long story short... To the best remembrance of many people, when the gods changed the portals years ago they only teleported you between them if they were both on the island. When we moved the green portal off of KI, this was not the case. You could teleport freely between them (except in certain locations).

Whirl wind
Exile
Profession: Sky Mystic
Race: Human

Post by Whirl wind » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:20 am

Lorikeet wrote:
Huh! And as far as Ive seen, Cloud cant move off island, we even tried once.
Who needs the Mainland? I've got a floating island!

Killian
Exile

Post by Killian » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:50 pm

One way to find out! Fall is near! I'd like it placed pasted the bridge for the mystics. But I guess we will have to wait and see where others want it.

Chmee
Exile

Post by Chmee » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:23 am

In a group, I would go wherever. Solo is a very different story. I've been around for a while (exiled in YA 542, so that's some 60 puddleyears!) but I'm not really all that strong. So...

CD: I can solo foothills. Good place for ore (friend of mine wants to be a Champion, though for the life of me I don't understand why. :-)) I can start clearing east of CD while waiting for my group to assemble. Up to a point. I'm unlikely to get very far in that.
OP: I can go there and wait for a group to form, or join a group already there. No way am I going to last ten seconds if I try to solo that area. Also, I just started studying the essence of fickle foxweirs, which is going to take me probably six months or more with some luck — and going directly to OP bypasses the area where those are mostly found.
Past the bridge: probably not going there. One of the groups I mostly hunt with would consider it (at least, I think our leader would) a "cheat", at least until we've gotten to wherever it is the old-fashioned way. The other, I'm not sure. We could have used it when it was in OP, but we didn't — possibly in deference to my and others' lasties in the mountains west and south of there.
Foghaven: more of the same.

I don't know where else we might put it right now, or for that matter later.

Re: the cloud. I solo hunt the cloud occasionally when I can get there and back easily. Not going there if the only way off is EPS or jump.
Re: EPS. All well and good, I suppose. I can probably get an EPS or two if I work at it (with a group). If I have an EPS (I don't) I can get into the EP. Whether I could get back out again (solo) is another question. Avoiding departing from north of bridge or wherever by departing from the EP doesn't seem like such a good deal.

Bottom line: I have some sympathy for those who want it moved more "forward", but such a move would be more a detriment to me personally (and I presume there are others who feel the same) than a help.

I saw in another thread a comment about possibly more paths added to the nexus. That sounds like a great idea!
Chmee, Ranger, Open Hands.