Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Do you agree?

Yes, green>Foghaven.
1
3%
Yes, purple>Foghaven.
9
30%
NO.
20
67%
 
Total votes: 30

Killian
Exile
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:05 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Killian wrote:
Talas wrote:
Killian wrote:I say CL seasons because it's very easy to remember. Everyone knows when the season change's. So they know it's time to help move the portal. New portal location ideas can be added and voted on up until the last day of the season. If we help move the portal to a very hard place, the community as a whole must help move it back when the time comes.

If for any reason someone will not help move the portal or hinder the movement of the portal at the start of the new time table to the point it can't be moved the other portal may be held off island and out of use.

I think most of us want to use the portal and would not mind helping. We can open up many new areas to many folks. New and old. If you follow these guidelines.

If anyone here has a better idea please speak up. If not I'll form a poll on where it shall be moved to next.
I think it's a nice idea. Still i have fear it won't work. Additionally the part with holding the counterpart inaccessible might not work pretty well...
Since access to the portals is always possible over the mirror.
The other part i'm not too sure about is that a poll here would reach all relevant exiles.
In the Sentinel you will more see the old and pretty strong exiles.

Sidequestion: Is it possible to get a portal into the crypt?
I've never been there and would love to see it at least once.

I thought about the part about posting it here after I sent the post. And I wondered, maybe if we did it by clan. Each clan talk about location and then we decide in cl. I think the town hall or court house has a way to do polls. Each clan decide where they want it and we send it to the poll npc in cl. No way to stop alts from voting tho.
Last edited by Killian on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

User avatar
Chmee
Exile
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:55 am
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Chmee » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Naferu wrote:
Talas wrote: What is my use of a portal in OP when i don't have the party to hunt there? Same counts for Fogheaven.
I think you know how to hunt a safe area without a party, by now... kind of a silly question coming from you.
I don't know about Talas, but I can guarantee you that BP is not a place I would attempt to solo, portal in OP or not.
Chmee, Ranger, Open Hands.

User avatar
Kalian
Exile
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:21 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Puddleby

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Kalian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Chmee wrote:
Naferu wrote:
Talas wrote: What is my use of a portal in OP when i don't have the party to hunt there? Same counts for Fogheaven.
I think you know how to hunt a safe area without a party, by now... kind of a silly question coming from you.
I don't know about Talas, but I can guarantee you that BP is not a place I would attempt to solo, portal in OP or not.
I think Naf's point was that Talas was soloing the village with an alt healer before so OP would be easier to do then that.

Killian
Exile
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:05 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm guessing Talas may not have all the BP studies. In that case BP is much harder than OV. Plus a healer can soak up most of the damage in OV where as BP will kill a solo healer pretty fast.
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

User avatar
Kalian
Exile
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:21 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Puddleby

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Kalian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Sorry, I mean the village past the bridge in bison plains. Also I'm pretty sure Talas has all of BP learned.

Killian
Exile
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:05 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Kalian wrote:Sorry, I mean the village past the bridge in bison plains. Also I'm pretty sure Talas has all of BP learned.
Not sure anyone can solo past the bridge with an alt healer. Some may make it past the bridge but a depart will happen soon. 1 exile just can't keep up with the spawns I have seen past the bridge. Not 100% sure what you are getting at Kal.
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

User avatar
Kalian
Exile
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:21 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Puddleby

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Kalian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:12 pm

Killian wrote:
Kalian wrote:Sorry, I mean the village past the bridge in bison plains. Also I'm pretty sure Talas has all of BP learned.
Not sure anyone can solo past the bridge with an alt healer. Some may make it past the bridge but a depart will happen soon. 1 exile just can't keep up with the spawns I have seen past the bridge. Not 100% sure what you are getting at Kal.
I do, and I watched Talas do it when we were camping there for 6 months. So yea he has. And to reiterate we are talkign about from the huts in the village past the bridge. What we were getting at was if he can solo that he can solo BP. Go back to the original quote from pages ago.

Killian
Exile
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:05 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Kalian wrote:
Killian wrote:
Kalian wrote:Sorry, I mean the village past the bridge in bison plains. Also I'm pretty sure Talas has all of BP learned.
Not sure anyone can solo past the bridge with an alt healer. Some may make it past the bridge but a depart will happen soon. 1 exile just can't keep up with the spawns I have seen past the bridge. Not 100% sure what you are getting at Kal.
I do, and I watched Talas do it when we were camping there for 6 months. So yea he has. And to reiterate we are talkign about from the huts in the village past the bridge. What we were getting at was if he can solo that he can solo BP. Go back to the original quote from pages ago.

Calm down brother. I'm just trying to understand. You 2 were together at that time? he wasn't solo?
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

User avatar
Kalian
Exile
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:21 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Puddleby

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Kalian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Killian wrote:
Calm down brother. I'm just trying to understand. You 2 were together at that time? he wasn't solo?
Sigh....a lot of us were camped out there, when people logged off other people would just solo with their alts, Talas being one of them. Why the hell would I say solo if I was hunting with him at the time? Does your reading comprehension suck that much?

Killian
Exile
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:05 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:23 pm

Kalian wrote:
Killian wrote:
Calm down brother. I'm just trying to understand. You 2 were together at that time? he wasn't solo?
Sigh....a lot of us were camped out there, when people logged off other people would just solo with their alts, Talas being one of them. Why the hell would I say solo if I was hunting with him at the time? Does your reading comprehension suck that much?


Because a lot happens on group hunts. You may have been afk but others may have not been. With out hearing from everyone that was there we have no way of knowing if he "soloed it". But for whatever reason, he is pissed. That is what I care about. Can he solo 20 bird spawn there? I have no idea. Have you asked him why he is so upset?
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

User avatar
Kalian
Exile
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:21 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Puddleby

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Kalian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Killian wrote:
Kalian wrote:
Killian wrote:
Calm down brother. I'm just trying to understand. You 2 were together at that time? he wasn't solo?
Sigh....a lot of us were camped out there, when people logged off other people would just solo with their alts, Talas being one of them. Why the hell would I say solo if I was hunting with him at the time? Does your reading comprehension suck that much?


Because a lot happens on group hunts. You may have been afk but others may have not been. With out hearing from everyone that was there we have no way of knowing if he "soloed it". But for whatever reason, he is pissed. That is what I care about. Can he solo 20 bird spawn there? I have no idea. Have you asked him why he is so upset?
Holy shit dude, just listen instead of trying to find reason or argue. There were 10+ people doing this for months. We all talked. We all know who was soloing when other people were gone because, again, we all talked to each other.

Killian
Exile
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:05 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:36 pm

Killian wrote:
Kalian wrote:
Killian wrote:
Calm down brother. I'm just trying to understand. You 2 were together at that time? he wasn't solo?
Sigh....a lot of us were camped out there, when people logged off other people would just solo with their alts, Talas being one of them. Why the hell would I say solo if I was hunting with him at the time? Does your reading comprehension suck that much?


Because a lot happens on group hunts. You may have been afk but others may have not been. With out hearing from everyone that was there we have no way of knowing if he "soloed it". But for whatever reason, he is pissed. That is what I care about. Can he solo 20 bird spawn there? I have no idea. Have you asked him why he is so upset?
Holy shit dude, just listen instead of trying to find reason or argue. There were 10+ people doing this for months. We all talked. We all know who was soloing when other people were gone because, again, we all talked to each other.[/quote]

I'm not a cop so don't treat me like one. He is very very upset and you may need his support later. Please work with him before tossing him in the dump because he may not agree with you on this one topic. I'm guessing you 2 were friends during the time you hunted there?
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

Naferu
Exile
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:49 am

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Naferu » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Kalian wrote:
Naferu wrote:
Talas wrote: What is my use of a portal in OP when i don't have the party to hunt there? Same counts for Fogheaven.

I think you know how to hunt a safe area without a party, by now... kind of a silly question coming from you.
I don't know about Talas, but I can guarantee you that BP is not a place I would attempt to solo, portal in OP or not.
I think Naf's point was that Talas was soloing the village with an alt healer before so OP would be easier to do then that.
My point was about Talas saying he couldn't solo OP, and using that as a point about the portal placement.
...he claimed Kalian was soloing NOOB, now he's saying he said it about me, in another strange attempt at revisionist history/damage control/alzheimer's? I'm seeing a trend here.
Mai-a-hiiii mai-a-haaa mai-a-hooo mai-a-haaa'aaaa!!!

User avatar
Talas
Exile
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:57 am
Profession: Fighter
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Active
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Talas » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Naferu wrote:My point was about Talas saying he couldn't solo OP, and using that as a point about the portal placement.
...he claimed Kalian was soloing NOOB, now he's saying he said it about me, in another strange attempt at revisionist history/damage control/alzheimer's? I'm seeing a trend here.
maybe i could solo OP.
But there is a huge difference with Village.
1: you can't really zu OP
2: shieldstone is not half as effective there since there are ponies that do not care about that
3: I had access to a horus healer in village at that time
4: even with that setup i had to depart several times there.
(edit - I forgot) 5: Lures were through a very small gap so you did not lure 4-5 monsters most of the time. And since others hunted there too I did not have to clear on my own most of the time.
(6: twigs)

well since I adressed it to the wrong one i didn't care to whom i adressed it. Instead of being obsessed of this error you could just correct me.
But it seems you don't want to use this argument over and over again instead of putting it aside. Fine for me, just show your true face.
Last edited by Talas on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Talas
Exile
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:57 am
Profession: Fighter
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Active
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Talas » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Killian wrote:I'm not a cop so don't treat me like one. He is very very upset and you may need his support later. Please work with him before tossing him in the dump because he may not agree with you on this one topic. I'm guessing you 2 were friends during the time you hunted there?
This is mostly because of the way it was done and because I knew that Silky and others used it others.
Silky is more or less my closest CL contact and I am really concerned (others - especially Naf might not believe this anyway)

The extra part heating it up was when they complained about me trying to tease them by moving the portals out of the comfort zone of the hut and the other portal.
Yes I admit that this was not nice but I felt that I can't just let them do whatever they want and not show them that what they do might have consequences.

There was no danger for anyone nor any portal inaccessable though at any time.
The portal was still useable and therefore any caused death by port was easy to rescue.

Post Reply