Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Do you agree?

Yes, green>Foghaven.
3%
Yes, purple>Foghaven.
30%
NO.
67%

Total votes: 30

Krane
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Spambot

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Krane » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:25 pm

I voted no, I dont like the way the portal was moved to OP nor the arguments provided so far.
I dislike the war that is starting now.

When nothing is going on (ie no healer around) which happens 80% of my time, I use the portal a lot either to farm orga, slate, noob...
It's the only easy access to my hunt places.
Of course you all know i'm always ready to attend a hunt or help a group or explore...

I'm not closed to discussions though, but the way it was done, isnt a good start.

Silky

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Post by Daimoth » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:14 pm

Krane wrote:I voted no, I dont like the way the portal was moved to OP nor the arguments provided so far.

When nothing is going on (ie no healer around) which happens 80% of my time, I use the portal a lot either to farm orga, slate, noob...
Of course you all know i'm always ready to attend a hunt or help a group or explore...

I'm not closed to discussions though, but the way it was done, isnt a good start.

Silky
Silky, you were one of the people we were most concerned about with the move. I apologize if our actions disrupted your hunting. You are well-respected and liked by all members of the community.

Is farming Bison Plains not enjoyable for you? We know that you are strong and capable enough to either hunt there on your own or lead pick-up groups there.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer

Post by Lorikeet » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Daimoth wrote:
Krane wrote:I voted no, I dont like the way the portal was moved to OP nor the arguments provided so far.

Silky
Silky, you were one of the people we were most concerned about with the move. I apologize if our actions disrupted your hunting. You are well-respected and liked by all members of the community.

Is farming Bison Plains not enjoyable for you? We know that you are strong and capable enough to either hunt there on your own or lead pick-up groups there.
Guess the rest of the people didn't count, eh?

Leinis
Exile

Post by Leinis » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Has anyone considered a compromise? Put one portal at CD and the other at Foghaven. This way, both areas are easily accessible but would require a little more effort to leave. People leaving Foghaven could use EPS, which they likely have available to them. And people leaving CD could head over to OV to PF to OC1. Yes, that does take more effort than going just going through the portal to exit, but I think most people hunting CD have access to some PF, else how could they hunt FH, Slates, PC, and NOOB?

One downside to this move would be that the portals would be fairly close in physical location on the island, thus restricting Mystics abilities to push and pull the Cloud around. This would mean no easy cloud access for newer exiles and any other things Mystics like to do with clouds would likely be hampered as well. I'd be interested to hear what Mystics have to say about this move.

One upside to this move would be that the portals would both be hard to move to places like KI by any random snert. But hopefully a compromise would settle most peoples needs and no one would have to resort to sabotage.

Lorikeet just pointed this out to me, I totally forgot about people hunting the cloud, they would have to jump off to exit...
Crius yells, "We've got a situation here! There's a vampire cat!"

Whirl wind
Exile
Profession: Sky Mystic
Race: Human

Post by Whirl wind » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:50 pm

On the topic of Cloud, you'd pretty much restrict those hunting it to luck, departs or rescue. Cloud without charges circles the island at a slowish pace. However depending on where it is and the health and defense of the person you pretty much send the person jumping off to die OR if cloud is in a higher elevation it can kill the person by the monsters alone since a lot of the higher elevation places are the EM. If it's GMP it's okay for fighters and tougher healers. Essentially no where but the EM on the peaks or village area will kill Mystics. However a good swathe of the island is rescue able from but it's not terribly convenient. It does restrict cloud controlling but I'm not sure how relevant that is for other Mystics.

Since I've noticed some confusion about the portal and mirrors and cloud connection I'll explain briefly how it works for those not familiar:
Cloud has two Mirrors on it. Purple and green. The green mirror will teleport the person to the location of the green portal, the purple mirror will teleport you to the purple portal's location.

The portals teleport between each other.
Who needs the Mainland? I've got a floating island!

Talas
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Concealed

Post by Talas » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:22 am

Lorikeet wrote:
Daimoth wrote:Silky, you were one of the people we were most concerned about with the move. I apologize if our actions disrupted your hunting. You are well-respected and liked by all members of the community.

Guess the rest of the people didn't count, eh?
nope... the apology was clearly ony to Silky...
But at least it was one...

This shows three things to me

1: There might be hope that there is still conscience in some people.

2: People read here and talk about temporary movements but do not give promises that THEY would care about the reverse movement

3: Other exiles seem to be regardless

To come back to the topic: If it would have been talked about we would now not be in the position that the pretty hard movement towards CD has to be done again.
They could have just taken the yellow portal and would have even saved the movement out of CD (which is far easier than bringing it back there - just for the record)

Talas
Exile

Post by Talas » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:29 am

Daimoth wrote: Is farming Bison Plains not enjoyable for you? We know that you are strong and capable enough to either hunt there on your own or lead pick-up groups there.
Can I at least answer speaking for me on this:
No it is not because the most hunts go there already.
As much as I hated the variety in hunting grounds when i was lasting something on just one area (oh my god, I should not tell this, since I am well know to lie all the time, right Naferu?) the more boring it becomes if you have no aims there.

Before you try to attack me on that argument: I will have future goals in Plains with Kestrel and Sky Bison (or even in the village or however it is called nowadays).
But I still do not want the portal there...
All in all I want a respected democracy.

Killian
Exile

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:33 am

Where the portal is at any given time should not hinder discussing when and where it should be moved. Over the last week it has been moved many times. Amounting to many exiles departing. Myself included. I'd like an exile that is well-mannered and well spoken to start a new thread on just that. When and where to move the portals.

If we don't do this, Others and myself will always fear where we end up after entering a portal. Please let the discussion start.
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

Killian
Exile

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:39 am

I'd like to see it moved at the first of each season. First day of spring move it to so and so. first day of summer we move it to a new location and so on.

EDIT: CL seasons

Naferu
Exile

Post by Naferu » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:45 am

Talas wrote:
Daimoth wrote: Is farming Bison Plains not enjoyable for you? We know that you are strong and capable enough to either hunt there on your own or lead pick-up groups there.
Can I at least answer speaking for me on this:
No it is not because the most hunts go there already.
As much as I hated the variety in hunting grounds when i was lasting something on just one area (oh my god, I should not tell this, since I am well know to lie all the time, right Naferu?) the more boring it becomes if you have no aims there.
You already answered the question with this on page 2 of the thread, fueling my distrust for anything else you may present as "fact", since you have hunted more difficult areas without a party. Are you making a roundabout attempt at retracting your previous statement by answering a second time?
Talas wrote: What is my use of a portal in OP when i don't have the party to hunt there? Same counts for Fogheaven.
Talas wrote: What is my use of a portal in OP when i don't have the party to hunt there? Same counts for Fogheaven.
Talas wrote: But I still do not want the portal there...
There is no system in place for this "Democracy" you are so upset about. Respect and communication as a community is what is needed, which can work in this Anarchy.
BUT, if you REALLY want to talk Democracy here, let's talk Direct Democracy.
Remember the 4015 days the portal was in CD?
Remember how a month* is <1% of 4015?
What % of the player base is in favor of the portal being at OP? I'm willing to bet it is >1%.

*All portal movements are trial movements.
Mai-a-hiiii mai-a-haaa mai-a-hooo mai-a-haaa'aaaa!!!

Talas
Exile

Post by Talas » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Naferu wrote:You already answered the question with this on page 2 of the thread, fueling my distrust for anything else you may present as "fact", since you have hunted more difficult areas without a party. Are you making a roundabout attempt at retracting your previous statement by answering a second time?
lol you are really the incarnation of fastidiousness.
you mean the one when I thought you did NOOB alone?
Well maybe it was someone else... but someone did at least.
Talas wrote: But I still do not want the portal there...
There is no system in place for this "Democracy" you are so upset about. Respect and communication as a community is what is needed, which can work in this Anarchy.
BUT, if you REALLY want to talk Democracy here, let's talk Direct Democracy.
Remember the 4015 days the portal was in CD?
Remember how a month* is <1% of 4015?
What % of the player base is in favor of the portal being at OP? I'm willing to bet it is >1%.

*All portal movements are trial movements.[/quote]

So to be picky here - you don't promise to bring it back - still...
you argue with it being one month less of 1% of the time which is by the way completely meaningless OR speaks more for letting it stay since people RELY on it being there since 4015 days.

So if you keep beating around the bush I have to assume that the next step once it is moved is that you will tell that since 28% of the people want it there it should stay 28% of those 4015 days...

I offer you once again: Promise that you help returning (and keeping) one portal (I don't care which) to CD after 1 month and I am quiet.
Even more - i help you moving it towards fogheaven if it is not 3am here when that happens (as it used to be).
Is it that hard to write it down?

Killian
Exile

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:39 pm

I say CL seasons because it's very easy to remember. Everyone knows when the season change's. So they know it's time to help move the portal. New portal location ideas can be added and voted on up until the last day of the season. If we help move the portal to a very hard place, the community as a whole must help move it back when the time comes.

If for any reason someone will not help move the portal or hinder the movement of the portal at the start of the new time table to the point it can't be moved the other portal may be held off island and out of use.

I think most of us want to use the portal and would not mind helping. We can open up many new areas to many folks. New and old. If you follow these guidelines.

If anyone here has a better idea please speak up. If not I'll form a poll on where it shall be moved to next.

Talas
Exile

Post by Talas » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Killian wrote:I say CL seasons because it's very easy to remember. Everyone knows when the season change's. So they know it's time to help move the portal. New portal location ideas can be added and voted on up until the last day of the season. If we help move the portal to a very hard place, the community as a whole must help move it back when the time comes.

If for any reason someone will not help move the portal or hinder the movement of the portal at the start of the new time table to the point it can't be moved the other portal may be held off island and out of use.

I think most of us want to use the portal and would not mind helping. We can open up many new areas to many folks. New and old. If you follow these guidelines.

If anyone here has a better idea please speak up. If not I'll form a poll on where it shall be moved to next.
I think it's a nice idea. Still i have fear it won't work. Additionally the part with holding the counterpart inaccessible might not work pretty well...
Since access to the portals is always possible over the mirror.
The other part i'm not too sure about is that a poll here would reach all relevant exiles.
In the Sentinel you will more see the old and pretty strong exiles.

Sidequestion: Is it possible to get a portal into the crypt?
I've never been there and would love to see it at least once.

Killian
Exile

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:13 pm

Talas wrote:
Killian wrote:I say CL seasons because it's very easy to remember. Everyone knows when the season change's. So they know it's time to help move the portal. New portal location ideas can be added and voted on up until the last day of the season. If we help move the portal to a very hard place, the community as a whole must help move it back when the time comes.

I think it's a nice idea. Still i have fear it won't work. Additionally the part with holding the counterpart inaccessible might not work pretty well...
Since access to the portals is always possible over the mirror.
The other part i'm not too sure about is that a poll here would reach all relevant exiles.
In the Sentinel you will more see the old and pretty strong exiles.

Sidequestion: Is it possible to get a portal into the crypt?
I've never been there and would love to see it at least once.

I thought about the part about posting it here after I sent the post. And I wondered, maybe if we did it by clan. Each clan talk about location and then we decide in cl. I think the town hall or court house has a way to do polls. Each clan decide where they want it and we send it to the poll npc in cl

Killian
Exile

Post by Killian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Moving it would be a nice quest we all could count on. I bet we would see a lot of old faces coming out of the lib to help.