Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Do you agree?

Yes, green>Foghaven.
3%
Yes, purple>Foghaven.
30%
NO.
67%

Total votes: 30

Naferu
Exile

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Naferu » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:24 am

I don't know what to believe from Talas anymore, he's proven he's willing to lie to support his crusade.

The portal is a mobile tool, everywhere it ends up should be considered a "trial period".
...that is what people are refusing to understand, and why everyone is so upset.
Mai-a-hiiii mai-a-haaa mai-a-hooo mai-a-haaa'aaaa!!!

reckinyards
Noble
Profession: #&$@
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Active

Post by reckinyards » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:34 am

war... it never changes.
11/2/09 7:02:10p Gustave says, "my fight is very vectorized"

reckinyards
Noble
Profession: #&$@
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by reckinyards » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:34 am

just make some cloud mirrors up n dis shiitt GMs den evrywun be happy
11/2/09 7:02:10p Gustave says, "my fight is very vectorized"

Whirl wind
Exile
Profession: Sky Mystic
Race: Human

Post by Whirl wind » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:49 am

Rather than comment on the "my location is better, no mine is" fight, I'm going to say this instead. If, after a couple weeks of it being in the OP, a huge majority really rejects and hates the idea of it being there, I'll personally help move it back and know at least three others who will help if I ask. Anyone else willing to volunteer to bring it back if it's vehemently hated in a couple weeks?

Because what I'm seeing this turn into is an insult fight. The portals are severely temporary things, moveable by literally anyone at anytime anywhere as witnessed by Talas's move of the green and whomever moved the portal to KI.

THIS MOVE IS NOT PERMANENT. And it isn't permanent even if the original people who moved it don't or refuse to move it back.

I agree the timing sucked for moving it, the fact that people want to hunt the FH area and can't easily sucks, but it's also making the BP accessible to people who couldn't get there before as well and it's already there. Can we at least just try it out in a new place for a couple weeks and see how it goes without sabotaging each other over it? People have gotten enjoyment out of the portal being in both places and right now the new location can be a trial period, but that can't really happen if no one can use it at all or can't enjoy it the same way countless of people enjoyed it when it was in CD.

There were countless ways that the initial move could've been handled better but now that it's already occurred and happened, can we at least attempt to handle the aftermath in a better way than the same kind of bullying the initial movers were accused of as well as attempt to just utilize or enjoy the portal as it stands before making an effort to move it back if it comes to that?
Who needs the Mainland? I've got a floating island!

Maeght
Trainer
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling

Post by Maeght » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Just to repeat myself, moving the portal is not an equal opportunity task. It can be moved by a few where it might take many to remove.

Zelkhorn
Exile
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Dwarf

Post by Zelkhorn » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:15 pm

I'll help with the move, sure.

And I'll just add that I don't think Santa Chicken wants us to be sad, so maybe in the spirit of Bawkmas we should all stop trying to murder each others hearts. At least for a little while.

Whirl wind
Exile
Profession: Sky Mystic
Race: Human

Post by Whirl wind » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:18 pm

So we'll need a larger group. Or we'll need to get creative. Its still possible to move it back it just may take a little more effort.

And thanks Zelk
Who needs the Mainland? I've got a floating island!

Icy
Noble
Profession: All
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Icy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:43 pm

3/3/15 9:27:45a Icy has fallen to a Rat.

Talas
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Concealed

Post by Talas » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Xrak wrote:
Talas wrote: Just for the record: I did not move the "town" portal to KI or somewhere else. I just moved it 2 snells
If you think what you did was right, can't you at least admit you did it? You moved the green portal to the closest possible pf-only area, which meant that the purple portal and the mirror couldn't be used. If I hadn't taken the purple portal before you got it there, there would have been no way of finding the green portal. You weren't trying to put it in a practical place, which you seem to be implying.
I would have to lie if i admitted.
Talk to Talin, talk to Daimoth. I talked with both about moving the town portal to CD so that both areas are accessible but both areas are harder to exit - but still doable for both areas.
It would not be very clever if i moved the portal to KI before doing that.

But sure it is easy to accuse me now...
To be honest i would NOT be surprised if it was one of YOU just to accuse me.
Want a proove? Ask Stora when Talas was online the last time. It was BEFORE your hunt ended yesterday. It was BEFORE the portal was moved to KI.
So it CAN'T be ME!
And Talas is my only Trillbane-PF so I could not enter KI on a different way!
So you HAVE to believe me that it was not me... If you still insult me, then you show once more how stubborn you are.

@Whirl_Whind: I had no problem if the party who did it would promise to move it back. But they don't do a pledge and to be honest I would not be sure if I would rely on that.
Nevertheless. IF I get a promise of all of them to move it back after a certain time I even would HELP to get the portal to Fogheaven since this makes more sense to me than in the Outpost.

Xrak
Fresh off the Boat
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Xrak » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:43 pm

I'm not saying you moved it to KI, I have no way of knowing who did that. What I saw you doing was moving it to the pf-only area in north town.

Talas
Exile

Post by Talas » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:04 pm

Xrak wrote:I'm not saying you moved it to KI, I have no way of knowing who did that. What I saw you doing was moving it to the pf-only area in north town.
The way you said this was pretty much designed to accuse me of that!
Yes I moved it to that area but that is really NO issue. Even IF someone returning would lack the PF it would be no issue to send one up there.
I just wanted to hide it a bit so that you feel at least a bit of what everyone felt when you silently moved the portal away from CD.
The anon-curse showed pretty well that the shitstorm that you guys get is well deserved.

You should try to see things more objective now that I am not the only one who was messing with the portal that you did something wrong and it would be a good time to appologize for some things - and make some public pledges to return it after a while. The longer you don't do that the more obvious it is that you never intended it to be a temporary issue.

Naferu
Exile

Post by Naferu » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:18 pm

Talas wrote: To be honest i would NOT be surprised if it was one of YOU just to accuse me.
Paranoid Schizophrenia and Aspberger's.

Xrak
Fresh off the Boat
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Xrak » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:20 pm

I had nothing to do with the portal being moved to OP, and neither did the majority of the people who were on the hunt that you tried to sabotage. That is the problem with the kind of retaliation that is going on, it hurts everyone and helps no one.

Talas
Exile

Post by Talas » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Naferu wrote:
Talas wrote: To be honest i would NOT be surprised if it was one of YOU just to accuse me.
Paranoid Schizophrenia and Aspberger's.
so you ran out of arguments and need to affront me?
Go ahead. From your position you might tickle my toes

Naferu
Exile

Post by Naferu » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:46 pm

That's the point, there is no arguing with you. You are convinced everyone is out to get you, it won't change... and you lack the skills in empathy to listen to any other side. You're right, I'm giving up on talking about this with you, and that is why.

You're also a deceiver, who lies about their abilities to support an argument.
I don't want to waste my time trying to have a valid debate with someone like that.