Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Do you agree?

Yes, green>Foghaven.
3%
Yes, purple>Foghaven.
30%
NO.
67%

Total votes: 30

Talin
Noble
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: Move a portal to Foghaven Monastry.

Post by Talin » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Daimoth wrote:
So yeah, again, its not in Foghaven. You can move it as you will. There are many groups capable of it.
So yeah, everyone who had plans of hunts can now drop their plans, because the bullies are not able, or willing to put the portal back to WHERE IT WAS BEFORE THEIR BULLYING. Thanks, so considerate of you.

Kalian
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Kalian » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Talin wrote:
Daimoth wrote:
So yeah, again, its not in Foghaven. You can move it as you will. There are many groups capable of it.
So yeah, everyone who had plans of hunts can now drop their plans, because the bullies are not able, or willing to put the portal back to WHERE IT WAS BEFORE THEIR BULLYING. Thanks, so considerate of you.
You're just as entitled to move the portals back. What no one seems to even consider is that anyone calling for it to sit in CD is JUST AS SELFISH. You want it in CD for your own reasons just as people want it in foghaven for theirs.

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Mac » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Talin wrote:Sorry for using too few words for you to understand.
Honestly, the sheer vemon and rage you're directing at me for explaining my opinion on the nature of the objects in question kinda shows how unreasonable you're being on the topic. I get that you're upset, but I didn't move them and I publicly stated I was fine leaving them in their traditional locations. Are we having a discussion or are we just hating each other?

I'll say it again, because I want everyone involved to think of this when they're deciding their opinions, the portals are maybe one of the most useful and powerful tools we exiles can use and perhaps the most powerful that we have direct control over. Using them to quickly get between town and another single location is a tiny fraction of their potential use. For the last 40 plus years the portals have been used for this one tiny part of their potential and over that time they've only really been used to get to one single location. Not even two different locations, running or EPS'ing back home - one location. Is that honestly the best and only use for these tools? I really want everyone, on all sides, to think about that. I don't care what you conclude, but honestly think about that perspective.

Borzon
Arilon Legacy
Arilon Legacy
Profession: Bloodmage
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Borzon » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Agree with Mac, people are getting shit for using a feature.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Daimoth » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:53 pm

Another thing a lot of people are overlooking is the fact that now BP hunts are drop-in/drop-out. We just had a pick-up hunt where we'd continuously invite people and they'd come and go at their leisure. That kind of casual, by-your-schedule hunting is something we need more of.

That's something not possible without the portal.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Talas
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Concealed

Post by Talas » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:37 pm

Kalian wrote:There are people who support moving the portal, and are even happy, but are too afraid to speak up out of fear that they'll be treated the same way Daimoth and I are being treated. I guess I can take the heat for them.
and some who speak up and revolt against your despotism are shown that thats only the tip of the iceberg.
Don't try to make it smaller by accusing me that i used the game mechanic as i can do it... you did it in a far uglier way.

Kalian
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Kalian » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Talas wrote:
Kalian wrote:There are people who support moving the portal, and are even happy, but are too afraid to speak up out of fear that they'll be treated the same way Daimoth and I are being treated. I guess I can take the heat for them.
and some who speak up and revolt against your despotism are shown that thats only the tip of the iceberg.
Don't try to make it smaller by accusing me that i used the game mechanic as i can do it... you did it in a far uglier way.
Says the guy who just tried to trap an entire group enjoying the portal. You're are the true asshole here.

Talas
Exile

Post by Talas » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Kalian wrote:
Talas wrote:
Says the guy who just tried to trap an entire group enjoying the portal. You're are the true asshole here.
how is it a trap if you just need an PF to exit the Portal...
You are so ridiculous now

and by the way - the boat exit is just about 10-12 snells away... what an nasty trap for the guy who wants the portal in fogheaven so bad

Xrak
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Xrak » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Talas wrote: how is it a trap if you just need an PF to exit the Portal...
You are so ridiculous now
To give some context here. you moved the portal with the sole intent of harassing people, and then proceeded to bk bomb. Yes, your plan was easily thwarted, but that doesn't change the intention.

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Mac » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Traveler's advisory: Last I knew, the purple portal is somewhere near the Outpost and the green portal is on KI.

Naferu
Exile

Post by Naferu » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:49 am

Thank you Talas, for moving the portal to harass people in your righteous crusade for lasties.
Thank you for not being willing to compromise and look beyond your slate lasties/entitlement; your weak veil built by lies regarding your abilities, dragged along by the dusty coat-tails trailing behind the creaking community bandwagon of sedentary aspberger's comfort zones.
Thank you Talas for finally making it so easy to decide that I don't like you, and confirming that you are really in this for only yourself.
Thank you Talas for putting that final nail in the coffin you have built for yourself as a solo player in a community-based game; one you will die in alone, delusional, and without friends.
Thank you Talas, you have made decisions for me very easy.

That being said, the portal has been in the same spot for 11 years. That is 4,015 days. In the same exact spot.
A mobile tool, that could be used anywhere.
We have had 4,015 days to enjoy this shortcut, or however long since you started playing.
What fraction of 4,015 is a month, a couple months?
Oh wait let me math that for you; 1 month = 0.75% (less than 1%) of the total time the portal has been in that area.
Is a month trial period really worth such an outcry?
Is everyone really this uncomfortable with change/sharing access, that they feel they have to throw such tantrums the second something is different?
Even if the "majority" is in favor of it being in CD, sharing access for a month will be giving the "minority" less than 1% total access time to it, which is far less than the ratio of those actually in support.
This is a MOBILE tool, and everyone is acting like it will stay wherever it's current intended target is for another 11 years...and is freaking out, for no good reason.
Mai-a-hiiii mai-a-haaa mai-a-hooo mai-a-haaa'aaaa!!!

Xrak
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Xrak » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:12 am

So the green portal has once again been moved somewhere that makes the mirror and purple portal not work. To anyone who is doing this, or even supports this, please remember that this is a game. This is a game, and you are just ruining people's fun in protest. I understand that not having a portal in cd ruins some people's fun, and that sucks, but it was moved to another place that makes different kinds of hunts possible. It's not fair to make the portal unusable just because it isn't where you want it.

Borzon
Arilon Legacy
Arilon Legacy
Profession: Bloodmage
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Borzon » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:52 am

The green portal is currently located behind the PF at FA hut on KI. I'm with a small team trying to get it back to the docks as we speak.

Talas
Exile

Post by Talas » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:09 am

Naferu wrote:Thank you Talas, for moving the portal to harass people in your righteous crusade for lasties.
Thank you for not being willing to compromise and look beyond your slate lasties/entitlement; your weak veil built by lies regarding your abilities, dragged along by the dusty coat-tails trailing behind the creaking community bandwagon of sedentary aspberger's comfort zones.
Thank you Talas for finally making it so easy to decide that I don't like you, and confirming that you are really in this for only yourself.
Thank you Talas for putting that final nail in the coffin you have built for yourself as a solo player in a community-based game; one you will die in alone, delusional, and without friends.
Thank you Talas, you have made decisions for me very easy.
Just for the record: I did not move the "town" portal to KI or somewhere else. I just moved it 2 snells and got punished with having to depart for that.
Isn't that a clear sign of "we can do what we want but you are not allowed to"?
Well whoever moved the portal to whereever it is now might have been inspired by me. For that you might call me guilty but honestly i couldn't care less.
Some of the really old and esteemed players talked here to show you they disaprove of what "you" did.
And obviously there are some people who are revolting against that unannounced (and for sure not called "temporally") action.
Not to say that the group that wants the portal in Fogheaven will probably not care about moving it back.
They would not even care to move the other portal to CD like i discussed with Daimoth yesterday which would make both areas accessable. Even if both areas are harder to quit again.

And by the way i am not lasting Slates... I wasn't even hunting them lately but as Natas hunted there pretty long they seem to be a good xp area that was fast accessable.
I would be dumb to leave that out of my list of arguments.
But I was collecting RHS-ingredients and just for the record: I gave/offered some of them to healers for free. A damn, how selfish I am... I should burn in hell!
But well you showed how shortsighted you can be. It just fits in the picture...
Naferu wrote:That being said, the portal has been in the same spot for 11 years. That is 4,015 days. In the same exact spot.
A mobile tool, that could be used anywhere.
We have had 4,015 days to enjoy this shortcut, or however long since you started playing.
What fraction of 4,015 is a month, a couple months?
Oh wait let me math that for you; 1 month = 0.75% (less than 1%) of the total time the portal has been in that area.
Is a month trial period really worth such an outcry?
Is everyone really this uncomfortable with change/sharing access, that they feel they have to throw such tantrums the second something is different?
Even if the "majority" is in favor of it being in CD, sharing access for a month will be giving the "minority" less than 1% total access time to it, which is far less than the ratio of those actually in support.
This is a MOBILE tool, and everyone is acting like it will stay wherever it's current intended target is for another 11 years...and is freaking out, for no good reason.
First of all: The longer the portal was in that place the more the people got used to it and the more the people rely on it being there.
Next is that you (well not you, but the people you support) moved it without giving a warning bevorehand.
Also no one said anything about a trial period anywhere before the movement had already happened.
Daimoth talked to me yesterday and said: "Most people don't use the sentinel"
Anyway it clearly shows that you or whoever tried to monitor the portal usage failed badly in doing that!

@Xrak: I was bk'ed first. For sure it was anonymous so I just gave it back to whom i thought it came from.
The two curses for Kalians chaining into the other snell which caused me having to depart should be well deserved.

Xrak
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Xrak » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:56 am

Talas wrote: Just for the record: I did not move the "town" portal to KI or somewhere else. I just moved it 2 snells
If you think what you did was right, can't you at least admit you did it? You moved the green portal to the closest possible pf-only area, which meant that the purple portal and the mirror couldn't be used. If I hadn't taken the purple portal before you got it there, there would have been no way of finding the green portal. You weren't trying to put it in a practical place, which you seem to be implying.