Exploratory Expedition up Foghaven Mountain

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: Exploratory Expedition up Foghaven Mountain

Post by Stinkfist » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:10 am

Mountain time is a myth, stop perpetuating it.

Destian
Trainer
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Destian » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:35 am

I need to set my damn calendar to remind me about this...

And "mountain time" is time spent on Foghaven Mountain. ;)
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"

Whirl wind
Exile
Profession: Sky Mystic

Post by Whirl wind » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Cirnahl_Lovsya wrote:
Whirl wind wrote:Hello everyone,

This is a reminder that the Eastern Mountain hunts to the Ensconcement and up Foghaven Mountain are back on!

We meet on Saturdays at 12pm PST, 2pm Mountain time, 3pm EST, and 8pm GMT.

If you can attend we'd love to have you.
That's 2:00 PM CST... 1:00 PM Mountain
Acckk apologies. I meant central time.
Who needs the Mainland? I've got a floating island!

Kalian
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Kalian » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:40 pm

2 weeks in a row now they have not ended up happening and even this week not a single of the mystics leading this showed up. I'm not going to bother next week. ooc: especially since I have to end up taking the day off work.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Daimoth » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:05 pm

I can come next Saturday if you need support
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Mac » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:45 pm

To be honest, we've struggled to get enough people for hunts since before the holidays (with more of the hunts being canceled than actually going). When hunts did go out, it always started an hour late (waiting for enough people to come out of the library) and we settled for the Ensconcement or Org Caves rather than going to Foghaven (often times with myself and or other mystics switching to other bodies just to have enough people to make those hunts happen).

If it were up to me the Ensconcement would be hunted (explored, checked, etc.) daily and Foghaven/Windweft would be fully cleared and checked at least once a week, but that's not very realistic given the difficulty of the areas and the number of people in the lands. We, mystics, probably need to do a better job communicating why exploring those areas is important, but at the end of the day it's healers and fighters that make the world go round. If they, especially the strongest ones, can't or don't want to go then there's nothing I, or any other mystic, can do about it.

For the last six months I've been able to log into the lands for 6-8 hours a day and during that time I've done my best to communicate with people like Lori, Dai, the Pirates, Raven, other mystics, and etc. I've tried to let them know about current events in the area, what we're looking for, why we're looking, and about the story leads we have. In addition, I've spent hours and hours (and hours and hours) creating and sharing maps, guides, information pages, and a number of other things all to help motivate people to be more interested in the Cloud/Eastern Mountains. (There are literally over twenty, single spaced, pages worth of text and information, that I have written, in various groups about these subjects.)

I have been meaning to write a page specifically discussing all things Eastern Mountains, but I simply have not had the time. Other than that, if there's something more that I can to do help motivate people to want to hunt and explore these areas then please let me know and I'll do it.

Edit:
The short list of reasons why these areas are important (potential spoilers):
  • Definitely:
    New healer skills
    New mystic skills
    New items (Mirror Shards, Pine Branches, goat pelts, mystic items, special flutes, champ weapons)
    Org research
    Rescuing Ovar and Duri
    Possibly:
    More Clouds
    More Mirrors
    More war with the Orga
    More pathfinding
    Connection to Metz
    New factions
    New altars
    much much more.
P.S. If it feels like I took the "didn't even show up" comment kind of personally it's because I did. This is not even a hunt that I started (or decided the... "rules" to), but it's often felt like that if I weren't taking a leading role in it that the limited hunts we've managed to take out wouldn't have happened or at the very least wouldn't have been "exploratory" in nature. So, when people say "I'm not coming next time, no mystics even showed up" it feels a lot like I'm getting blamed and that honestly hurts my feelings given the sheer amount of time I've invested in all of it.
Last edited by Mac on Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Org du Lac
Exile
Profession: Muffin
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Org du Lac » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:22 am

I also can't speak for everyone, but I think another part of the reason the attendance petered off (besides Lov'sya's inability to attend /organize during the holidays) is due to the issue of "crumbling wells". It's unclear if any of the quests can actually be solved by the action of players, or if we're waiting for that global warming to thaw that ice wall in Cold & Snowy, or for a new area to open up where we can find pine branches, or etc. The only credible theory I've heard as to why we haven't solved it is just that the snells haven't been checked with a high-powered enough Illusion Mystic. If this is true (and wtf if it is, given that there are only maybe a dozen active Mystics, of whom only 3 or 4 have enough training to be sure that they didn't miss something).

At least for me, that was why my interest waned. I made it to 3 hunts and during that period went through nearly every sn'ell of the mountain and ensconcement. No pine branches, no mirror shards (except the one that someone randomly found and gave to Whirl wind -- so one in 3 months?).

It's a beautiful area and if it's anything like the Metz quest it'll be cool, but I also spent years banging my head against crumbling walls in Orga territory and don't really want to do it again more than once every 6 months or so to 'double check'.

There are also other quests to work on, like the Shadowguild on TI and the Bukwrym person who's "deep under Puddleby". The Shadowguild quest can, apparently, be solved. Not sure about Bukwrym. It's too bad we haven't had any pointers on this, and I don't think there's been any progress made since Salandra finished her map over a month ago. Metz was fun because it felt like we were always making steady progress towards figuring it out, even though it took something like three years--one year mapping, two years gradually figuring out how the temples work. And at least for Metz, we always knew that the quest was ready to be solved. Even so, the hands of the ancients willed us towards two minor discoveries that I know of: one for the twilight Mystic temple, and one for a bug with the hidden rainforest temple.

I don't think we necessarily need a push for help for the Eastern Mountains, but due to the development of that whole area it feels strongly to me like it's a work in progress.

For the Shadowguild, there I think we could use a gentle push from the ancients, or perhaps just a Shadowguild turncoat who will spill secrets for coin.

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter

Post by noivad » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:31 am

I would like to attend, but Saturday’s at that time are usually busy for me… :(
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Cecil
Maximum Rankage
Profession: Fighter/Rankwhore

Post by Cecil » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:23 am

Saturdays are bad for me too because of work, unless it was a pm(5PST or later) hunt, I can do any time friday or sunday every week.
Thanks for the apology Cecil, vaginas everywhere are grateful to you.-Kalypso

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan

Post by Stinkfist » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:22 pm

I've been under a rock, I'll come out sooner than later.

Krane
Exile

Post by Krane » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:28 am

Keep up the good jobs guys in organizing this kind of event. !

I tried to help when it was possible for me but friday would be much easier for me.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Daimoth » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:37 pm

Sorry all, I overslept. Hope you're successful
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan

Post by Stinkfist » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:35 pm

We walked to the cave, kind of crushed it and had overwhelming teamwork.

Krane
Exile

Post by Krane » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:46 am

Yep, nice hunt, thanks guys

Whirl wind
Exile
Profession: Sky Mystic

Post by Whirl wind » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Hey all,

I just want to thank those that have been showing up, the support really helps and is appreciated. I know things have been slow but Im hoping as people settle into their routines, more people will show up and I can be more consistent. We are definitely discussing shifting times around that work for both all of you and Lov'sya and I's availability.

In relation to Kalian's comment and my own MIAness as of late, I want to apologize for not being around as much nor being as available to support other efforts around and in the 'sconce via Cloud as I used to be. (OOC: Classes started for me and im desperately trying to make progress towards my degree) I do want to support other's efforts and I do respect the time people take out of their day to come to this so Im sorry if its been frustrating, things are still coming back to normal.

I hope to see you all tomorrow!
Who needs the Mainland? I've got a floating island!