Exploratory Expedition up Foghaven Mountain

IC only discussion in game events, clans, weddings, parties, anything...

Moderators: Lorikeet, Kani, wangahrah

Cirnahl_Lovsya
Exile
Profession: Healer / Mystic
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Exploratory Expedition up Foghaven Mountain

Post by Cirnahl_Lovsya » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:19 am

Please forgive the OOC time/dates; it's too tiring to attempt to convert it into IC format just for you to have to convert it back and everyone show up at a different time.

EVERY SATURDAY AT 12:00pm (noon) Pacific Time / 3:00pm Eastern Time / 8:00pm GMT I would like to host another exploratory expedition up Foghaven Mountain.

The plan is to gather 15 minutes prior so we can assess our group and start at a reasonable time. PLEASE take note of this and show up 15 minutes early if you can. I anticipate the trip will take roughly two hours, but it could possibly go longer if there are extraneous complications. However, I fully expect there to be a fair number of EPS users who can help people leave early as needed.

OUR GOAL:

There are a few sn'ells on Foghaven Mountain that have not been fully mapped. We will travel through the mountain region, checking for illusions at the blockade no the western end near the bear cave. From there, we intend to explore those unmapped sn'ells as thoroughly as possible. Once we feel confident that the lower levels of Foghaven Mountain have been explored we will continue our journey up to Foghaven Monastery so those who are interested can check it out and take an Agronox ride over to Windweft Monastery. From Windweft, if we have enough fighters and healers left, we will explore our way off Windweft Peak and back out of the mountain range through the Estuary.

With due respect to those who have put in a ridiculous amount of time situating the cloud for people to jump, explore, and depart, I would request that ANY items we find should be turned in to Ma'ta Whirl Wind for her research. We will work as diligently as possible to be as fair as possible with distributing any surplus items or items that are needed for any research beyond what the Mystics are working on (like the Pirates' search for mushrooms.)

We look forward to seeing as many present as possible, but please keep in mind that this is a VERY dangerous area. We will need as many potions, salves, and indulstones as we can have available. OOC: Please no double-clicking. It may be my imagination, but it seems like there's a lot of that happening on the big trips lately and I anticipate there will be enough confusion as it is.

If you have any questions or concerns, please post here. Unfortunately, this is pretty much the most opportune time for Ma'ta Org du Lac and a few others to be able to attend, so the time can not really be adjusted much beyond a few minutes in either direction. If you need to come a bit late, we can attempt to accomodate getting you caught up as long as we know in advance.
Last edited by Cirnahl_Lovsya on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cirnahl_Lovsya
Exile

Re: Exploratory Expedition up Foghaven Mountain

Post by Cirnahl_Lovsya » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:15 pm

It's been brought to my attention that the trip could last closer to three hours, being a new area and wanting to carefully examine all the ruins and such, so please anticipate that. Worst case, we'll do our best in the time we have until enough people need to go, then we'll shut it down.

In lieu of time constraint, we'll likely go straight for the haul up the mountain and skip the blockade I wanted to check; it doesn't make sense that it would be opened up just yet anyway, so we'll leave that alone for now.

Arb
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Healer
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Arb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:00 am

I don't know how long it will last, but Yappy announced a Silly Saturday event that will begin an hour before this expedition's start time.

Cirnahl_Lovsya
Exile

Post by Cirnahl_Lovsya » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:58 am

We'll gather at the scheduled time and if Silly Saturday is not already complete, we will go immediately following.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:26 pm

I was going to go but silliness ate up all of my time. How did it go?
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Cirnahl_Lovsya
Exile

Post by Cirnahl_Lovsya » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:04 am

Daimoth wrote:I was going to go but silliness ate up all of my time. How did it go?
We made it about halfway to the snowy area then wiped.
We didn't have any illusion breakers anyway, also complements of the server swap.

I'm going to update the original post with the new day instead of starting a new thread every time.

Cirnahl_Lovsya
Exile

Post by Cirnahl_Lovsya » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:06 am

Original post updated. We'll try to make this a weekly event on Saturdays. We'll see how this original time works for folks and adjust as needed as we go.

Org du Lac
Exile
Profession: Muffin
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Org du Lac » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:06 am

Cirnahl_Lovsya wrote:Original post updated. We'll try to make this a weekly event on Saturdays. We'll see how this original time works for folks and adjust as needed as we go.
I won't be able to make it next week, but will be able to make it the week after (pending more Silliness).

PS: Setting the time to 20:00 GMT might make more sense to people than 21:00 OdL ;)

Cirnahl_Lovsya
Exile

Post by Cirnahl_Lovsya » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:35 pm

Please don't forget about the expedition Saturday! We will have at least one illusion-breaking Mystic on hand, so hopefully we will find something new this time!

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King

Post by Stinkfist » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:40 am

Pew pew pew pew loot explore learn awesome. Saturday. Yay!

Cirnahl_Lovsya
Exile

Post by Cirnahl_Lovsya » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Thanks for all the support, those who showed up. It was a painfully slow start, but covered a lot of ground once control was stabilized.

Big thank you to Salandra for showing up early and taking charge with moving the cloud to position it for the jump. For those who don't realize the effort that takes, she spent over an hour steering the cloud into position so the expedition could drop to the monastery.

I'm sorry I wasn't there for most of it; I had a lot going on today.

We covered a lot of ground and learned a ton. Thanks, again, everyone who showed up. We look forward to another successful trip next week!

Frenzymac
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Human

Post by Frenzymac » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Thank you all for the nice trip and showing me the new areas in Estuary. Big thanks!

Cirnahl_Lovsya
Exile

Post by Cirnahl_Lovsya » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Now that the holidays are behind us, we'll be launching these expeditions again in full force!

Hope to see you all there!

Whirl wind
Exile
Profession: Sky Mystic
Race: Human

Post by Whirl wind » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Hello everyone,

This is a reminder that the Eastern Mountain hunts to the Ensconcement and up Foghaven Mountain are back on!

We meet on Saturdays at 12pm PST, 2pm CST, 3pm EST, and 8pm GMT.

If you can attend we'd love to have you.
Last edited by Whirl wind on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who needs the Mainland? I've got a floating island!

Cirnahl_Lovsya
Exile

Post by Cirnahl_Lovsya » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:37 pm

Whirl wind wrote:Hello everyone,

This is a reminder that the Eastern Mountain hunts to the Ensconcement and up Foghaven Mountain are back on!

We meet on Saturdays at 12pm PST, 2pm Mountain time, 3pm EST, and 8pm GMT.

If you can attend we'd love to have you.
That's 2:00 PM CST... 1:00 PM Mountain