Thanks for the apology Cecil, vaginas everywhere are grateful to you.-Kalypso

Org du Lac
Exile
Profession: Muffin
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Inactive

Re: Thieve's Island

Post by Org du Lac » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:28 am

Cecil wrote:Was to frustrating and unmotivating.
I noticed the splash screen this chaos storm was changed to a photoshopped picture of the coliseum, with monsters from eastern estuary. It's odd because AFAIK all of the previous splash images (recently) have been real images of something going on in the game over the past three weeks.

I can't imagine how eastern mountains relates to shadowguild, but maybe we should bring those monsters to Zukapus to put on the fight list? This would be a bit of an odd OOC hint, but at least it's an idea to try.

I'm also up for CtF, but I really don't see how that would lead to anything without a GM directly involved and watching while we were playing. From what it seems like to me, it's a scripted entry that can be solved at any time.

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:33 am

If I had to guess, I'd say we would need a bit more help with this one, unless some very clever person is keeping the secret to the grave. The most we really have to go on are the few talks with nylar, his goons that fight, his invisible murder goons, guys hanging out in the forest for a few days (Striker et al), and Sohn'ee looking at your hands and gesturing with his chin to move on.

This is supposedly related to mister GM lordy pants hinting to do something else more fun.

It also occurs to me, what if Sohn'ee is actually telling you to 'move on' to something? Like a tile or a special area... Not much to go on, but just trying to consider.

Cecil
Maximum Rankage
Profession: Fighter/Rankwhore
Race: Human
Player Status: Active

Post by Cecil » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Sativa wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say we would need a bit more help with this one, unless some very clever person is keeping the secret to the grave. The most we really have to go on are the few talks with nylar, his goons that fight, his invisible murder goons, guys hanging out in the forest for a few days (Striker et al), and Sohn'ee looking at your hands and gesturing with his chin to move on.

This is supposedly related to mister GM lordy pants hinting to do something else more fun.

It also occurs to me, what if Sohn'ee is actually telling you to 'move on' to something? Like a tile or a special area... Not much to go on, but just trying to consider.
The other night while trick our treating, I stumbled across the entry to the "order of the new glove." I was in the original order of the glove pre-rip. That was where you got the newbie orange clothes. But, if I remember correctly, you had a glove in your inventory that granted you access to the area. The same has to be for the shadowguild, with Sohn'ee looking at your hand. Maybe you need to have some item like an assasin's glove, or a special assassin's blade to show to Sohn'ee.

Icy
Noble
Profession: All
Race: Dwarf

Post by Icy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:52 am

Sativa wrote: This is supposedly related to mister GM lordy pants hinting to do something else more fun.
What's more fun than Estuary/Mountains/BP right now? :wink:
3/3/15 9:27:45a Icy has fallen to a Rat.

Cecil
Maximum Rankage

Post by Cecil » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:49 am

Icy wrote:
Sativa wrote: This is supposedly related to mister GM lordy pants hinting to do something else more fun.
Being able to train Darkur.

Cirnahl_Lovsya
Exile
Profession: Healer / Mystic
Race: Sylvan

Post by Cirnahl_Lovsya » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:56 am

Cecil wrote:
Icy wrote:
Being able to train Darkur.
How do you know he's not simply a tauntingly-named teacher of severely restrained slap boxing?

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:48 pm

After seeing the new place and meeting the npcs, I have a new idea for this quest:

ALERT spoilers:

There is someone named Manzanita in the monastery, and she stands next to a merchant that sells you a ring. This trainer and ring are related to wind, and talk about moving away forces that are blocking you. Perhaps this is how you get down the windy stairway, but also it may be related to the thieves island quest... here's why I think so:

1, the trainer's name is Manzanita, which means apple, and apples are what Nylar cuts with a stiletto (and hands to some of his best buddies).
2, Sohn'ee looks at your hand, and a ring is something that goes on your hand
3, Yappy told us to do something more fun, and what could be more fun than exploring a new area?
4, Nylar once mentioned that the Shadowguild wanted to do work on Puddleby. Perhaps it is because they want to see the mountain and learn the Wind magics?
5, related to this, The Shadowguild was interested in finding out mystical secrets. This monastery is a mystical area, and has secret mystic only places in it.
6, The npc's in the monastery mention using the power of wind to push away the shadows.. (need direct quote here) But definitely seems to be related.

Well that's all I got on this right now, and since it is such a new place, I think there is not much to go on. I am questing to find a pine branch so I may complete a thingy that might give me this ring. I am also training with Manzanita. If things I learn are only for the mystic's ears, I will not share them here, but anything helping to solve this quest I will share willingly, and encourage others to do so.

So what do you all think? Sounds like a good lead maybe?

Cecil
Maximum Rankage

Post by Cecil » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Sativa wrote:After seeing the new place and meeting the npcs, I have a new idea for this quest:

ALERT spoilers:

There is someone named Manzanita in the monastery, and she stands next to a merchant that sells you a ring. This trainer and ring are related to wind, and talk about moving away forces that are blocking you. Perhaps this is how you get down the windy stairway, but also it may be related to the thieves island quest... here's why I think so:

1, the trainer's name is Manzanita, which means apple, and apples are what Nylar cuts with a stiletto (and hands to some of his best buddies).
2, Sohn'ee looks at your hand, and a ring is something that goes on your hand
3, Yappy told us to do something more fun, and what could be more fun than exploring a new area?
4, Nylar once mentioned that the Shadowguild wanted to do work on Puddleby. Perhaps it is because they want to see the mountain and learn the Wind magics?
5, related to this, The Shadowguild was interested in finding out mystical secrets. This monastery is a mystical area, and has secret mystic only places in it.
6, The npc's in the monastery mention using the power of wind to push away the shadows.. (need direct quote here) But definitely seems to be related.

Well that's all I got on this right now, and since it is such a new place, I think there is not much to go on. I am questing to find a pine branch so I may complete a thingy that might give me this ring. I am also training with Manzanita. If things I learn are only for the mystic's ears, I will not share them here, but anything helping to solve this quest I will share willingly, and encourage others to do so.

So what do you all think? Sounds like a good lead maybe?
My mind just exploded.

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:33 pm

This all sounds very cool, but does not at all fit with what Yappy posted previously, i.e. that this is a solvable quest. These are all brand new NPCs. Although it's very possible that at some point we'll be essentially "given" the solution if we take too long.

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:54 pm

I think you have a point here Org, but considering nothing works, and nothing we try even comes close to a reasonable logical explanation of why it doesn't work, perhaps the indication that it was solvable was a hint that it was finished, but wouldn't be something we could do until we explored this new area.

Still, it could easily be a red herring, I just would rather explore variables instead of discounting them without testing.

Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Dust Collector
Race: Dwarf

Post by Nunul » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:31 pm

Org du Lac wrote:This all sounds very cool, but does not at all fit with what Yappy posted previously, i.e. that this is a solvable quest. These are all brand new NPCs. Although it's very possible that at some point we'll be essentially "given" the solution if we take too long.
Smack it with a Separ? :)
BACON!

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Sat May 16, 2015 3:24 am

So, any news here, Sativa or Cecil or anyone else who was looking into this? Any connection with Manzanita or Ash City or ... who knows what? It is a bit perplexing to have no news out of the Shadowguild whatsoever, in the nearly two years now since this thread was started. (ooc I mean 8 months, I guess this is in the OOC section now).

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Sat May 16, 2015 10:11 am

Nothing from me sadly. I tried many ideas but I couldn't find any way in. I think if we do more ctf maybe Nylar will talk to us again? If there's a solution it's well hidden. As for Manzanita I'd be happy to try to get the item but i need components from that mountain area first. They're pretty rare.