New Bison Plains

General Clan Lord discussion

Moderator: CL GMs

Org du Lac
Exile

New Bison Plains

Post by Org du Lac » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:00 am

Does anyone have a visionstone of the new Bison Plains area they wouldn't mind sharing with me? I'd love to update the bestiary with the latest critters. Fighter preferable (so I can see the creatures' names) but would appreciate anything.

Thanks!

PS: 200c bounty per new creature included in the video!

Talas
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Active

Re: New Bison Plains

Post by Talas » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:41 am

Org du Lac wrote:Does anyone have a visionstone of the new Bison Plains area they wouldn't mind sharing with me? I'd love to update the bestiary with the latest critters. Fighter preferable (so I can see the creatures' names) but would appreciate anything.

Thanks!

PS: 200c bounty per new creature included in the video!
I'll send you two visionstones a bit later but please note that I have doubts about
* if Warqueen has it's final image yet
* If the so called "Superbeak" which has the same name and image as Crookbeak Kestrel will stay as such (I guess it was a misplaced monster to be spawned - maybe one with a dropchance, which should still be a Crookbeak Kestrel)

anyone who would like to get those visionstones too send me your email via PN soonish (you have to allow mails with ~15 MB filesize)

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks for the videos, Talas!

Just so I'm clear, there seem to be 8 new creatures?

Yorilla Family:
• Tawny Yorilla
• Tawny Utsanna Yorilla

Boar Family:
• Hungry Hell Boar

Feline Family:
• Lowland Panther
• Mountain Panther
• Shadowcat Warqueen

Avian family:
• Fledgling Kestrel

Goat family [this is an orphan family, I believe?? is it with anything else besides regular Goat?]:
• Mountain Goat

Anything I'm missing? The mountain panther seems to be kind of rare, but all the rest is common. Will try and figure out their rough stats, but if you know the atkus-to-hit that'd be appreciated too.

1.6k coming your way, whenever I see you!

VVVV: Someone mentioned that but I thought it was a joke.
Last edited by Org du Lac on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TreeBeard
Exile

Post by TreeBeard » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Also Hungry Hungry Hellebore-
looks same as hellebore, has more health/damage
unoffensive quote here

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:42 am

I've added the Hungry Hungry Hellebore, the (Super) Crookbeak Kestrel--apparently a distinct study from the regular one-- and I've added the Lunar Bear Guardian, which was missing previously.

I also heard there is a new tortoise somewhere in the estuary now? Is anyone enough familiar with these creatures to notice if http://bestiary.clanlord.net/news.php has all of the new creatures listed?

I've added some rough statistics in for all these creatures now too.

Thanks!
-Org du Lac

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:41 pm

The tortoises are the same, the graphics have changed across them all. Might want to update them.

Also, they appear to have the ability of flight.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath

Post by Daimoth » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:55 pm

I am posting this openly instead of via PM in case people disagree with me. This area is still new and, despite the fact that I hunted there as often as its most frequent participants - my perspective is skewed towards bricking. Also, I have a very high health pool which makes damage counts harder to ascertain.

-----------------

I disagree thoroughly with most of these strengths. I know you haven't really gone yourself much (if at all?) Org so that's pretty understandable. I'd like to offer my perspective if it helps.

Mountain Panthers can hit my 2600~ defense (balthus heavy) sometimes. They seem to vary a lot in strength, but they're definitely a lot harder than Utsanna Haremau. At least versus a brick. They do more damage too. Probably comparable defense and maybe a little less health though. You have the Utsanna Haremau being superior in damage, which it definitely isn't.

You have the Shadowcat Warqueen being significantly weaker than the Shadowcat Huntress. Warqueens are stronger, by a little bit. I don't know in what ratios, but they are the superior monster. They probably are more accurate. They also move very fast.

You have the Lowland Panther being overall inferior to the Huntress too. I disagree. I don't know how they compare to the Warqueen but they are similar - that is true.

I would decrease the Fledgling health. They die very fast. Probably drop it to like 300 Histia~. The rest seems okay.

Why is the Mistral Kestrel weaker than the Crookbeak outside of defense? They are overall superior to normal Crookbeaks.

Utsanna Tawny seems okayish. They have better health but Mountain Panthers are definitely more threatening otherwise. However, they are stronger in every way than the Abominable Snow Yorilla. The only thing the Abominable Snow Yorilla has over the Utsanna Tawny is the snowball. So the Abominables stats should be adjusted down slightly, or the Utsanna Tawny up, or some combination of the two.

I would double the Hungry Hungry Hellebore damage, if not triple it. Those do a ton of damage per root attack, especially compared to the normal one. A sizable multiplier over.

You should increase the Hungry Hell Boar's stats a little across the board, and definitely increase the atkus needed to hit it. I have over 800 now and I still have trouble unless I am timing very well. I know it's hard for Rangers to tell, but I've been training Evus still mainly to hit those Boars more often. They take a while for me to deal with unless I have a Ranger who's studied them there too. They are definitely the brickiest monster in the area relative to its strength.

Eirian
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger

Post by Eirian » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:16 pm

If the correct name of the goats in set is "mountain," are they then different than the ones in the deepest part of the Bawkmas snowy area, which are "alpine?" I had assumed they were the same, but could be wrong.
6/9/10 9:38:37a Eirian Caldwell has fallen to a Dragonfly.
4/14/15 8:53:57p Geotzou says, "i am very patient, except if i have to wait."

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:15 am

Daimoth wrote:I am posting this openly instead of via PM in case people disagree with me. This area is still new and, despite the fact that I hunted there as often as its most frequent participants - my perspective is skewed towards bricking. Also, I have a very high health pool which makes damage counts harder to ascertain.

-----------------

I disagree thoroughly with most of these strengths. I know you haven't really gone yourself much (if at all?) Org so that's pretty understandable. I'd like to offer my perspective if it helps.
Thanks. I've still never been to the snowy area or the newest mountain area (with the goats), so my experience is pretty limited... never seen a Mistral Kestrel. I don't have any fighter that even remotely has enough defense to brick anything, so all my defense numbers > 1500 are estimates ranging from wildly random (new areas) to pretty close (Metz crypt etc). I have a bunch of videos, but only from fighters I don't know the stats of very well (but still thanks very much, Talas! I should ask your stats ;)).

Mountain Panthers seemed surprisingly weak to me given how scary they look, but if they have like Atkus that makes a big difference.

I adjusted many of these stats, but still wasn't sure. Anyway, looking forward to anyone else's input, particularly things like Mountain Goats, which I've never seen. Also many of the bears are very rough estimates.

I went through the histia numbers about two years ago and fixed them for basically every monster existing before the Estuary, but the darkus numbers are still kind of random (hard to gauge them).

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath

Post by Daimoth » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:31 am

Mountain panthers die fast but that's generally because of how high priority a target they are. rangers can eliminate them very quickly, and should. They are a higher threat than dark recluse but don't pursue wounded and don't pull (which keeps DR as highest priority kill). They're the highest threat monster there outside of the most super kestrels, but are still usually killed first because of relative ease of elimination

Talas
Exile

Post by Talas » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:58 am

Daimoth wrote:Mountain panthers die fast but that's generally because of how high priority a target they are. rangers can eliminate them very quickly, and should. They are a higher threat than dark recluse but don't pursue wounded and don't pull (which keeps DR as highest priority kill). They're the highest threat monster there outside of the most super kestrels, but are still usually killed first because of relative ease of elimination
I'd say not only because of that. Also they pull a lot and ruin coordinated fighting if they are not killed fast - and they focus on the low health so they can kill the group faster since they won't let the damage split very well.
I'll write my stats together later - at least the relevant ones.

Regarding the Goats - they seem to swing out but it's hard to get them swinging since they push the exiles away a far distance which will help them recover their balance. When they swing i can hit them more or less reliable with my Tearer while Flots has still troubles on them. So I guess they need about 700-750 Atkus to hit. That's what I'd estimate the Tearer has.

Mistral Kestrel is in my eyes the monster with the best defense in game which could be said that it's common (higher defense might be only found on GD and the strongest "Super" Kestrels, maybe at the same level of the best defense Dar'shak).
Their Histia is not that high but since most people who hunt there regularly have studied them it could be higher than expected.

And don't forget the new monster "Org" and "Mammoth Org" (big ones have exile slowdown magic)...
Can't give stats on them yet since there were only maybe 2+2 of them yet (and they all refused to talk ;))

Talas
Exile

Post by Talas » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:05 pm

here my stats if they help you:

450 Atkus (444 race corrected)
830 Balthus
294 Darkus
300 Goss
366 Detha (361 rave corrected)
384 Histia - 393 if i count in my natural race bonus+base stats

Full family bonus on
Feline Wyrms Insects Arachne Meshra Yorilla Darshak Arachnoid
40% bonus on Wendecka
30% on Serpents
20% on Bison Avian Deer / Horse Lizzards
10% on Oceanic Bears / Ursine crustucean? Orga Pig

direct studies at the time of the visionstone only the crookbeak

Eirian
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger

Post by Eirian » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:43 pm

What are oceanic bears? They sound awesome. ;)
6/9/10 9:38:37a Eirian Caldwell has fallen to a Dragonfly.
4/14/15 8:53:57p Geotzou says, "i am very patient, except if i have to wait."

Talas
Exile

Post by Talas » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:23 am

Eirian wrote:What are oceanic bears? They sound awesome. ;)
They are related to the Orga pigs but completely different from the Meshra Yorillas ;)
(yay ideas for new monster combinations! :D)

nah i copy/pasted it and the only "/" was between things I would call different (bears) than the beastiary (Ursine) did.
And the other one is because Horses and Deer are the same family (maybe can call them stalked family ^^)

Destian
Trainer
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Destian » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:43 am

On the subject, I find it silly that MPs mew when struck.

I mean, come on, they should roar, for sure...
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"