Moderator: CL GMs

Kinon
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Announcing Clanning

Post by Kinon » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Requires OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or higher.

Hey folks, as Skirwan's iClan is broken I've written a replacement with a few upgrades.

Clanning Includes:
  • Growl Notifications - Clanning integrates with Growl to notify you when someone starts clanning
  • Puddleopedia Integration - Clanning provides links to a player or clan's Puddleopedia page simply by clicking on them
  • Autoupdating
Enjoy!
Last edited by Kinon on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Player Status: Active

Re: Announcing Clanning

Post by Lorikeet » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Nice job, I imagine, but not quite worth it for me to get Lion ;) Snow leopard is as far as I've got so far.

Yor
Exile

Post by Yor » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Wow cool app! Nice job!

Yor
Trillbane skims “The Tao of Trillbane” finding nothing he doesn't already know.

Tafari
Exile

Post by Tafari » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:05 am

Awesome app Kinon =)

Torin
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Champion
Race: Dwarf

Post by Torin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:24 am

Nice! Thanks!

If I may make a couple of constructive comments... each character takes up a lot of space. Maybe the character icons could be put into the pop-up instead of in the main window. Also, the font size would be large when a lot of people are online at once.

Lister
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Fighter

Post by Lister » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:30 am

You're my hero Kinon!
Agratis Groona says, "Because Lister is a jerk head"

Kinon
Exile

Post by Kinon » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:17 am

Torin wrote:Nice! Thanks!

If I may make a couple of constructive comments... each character takes up a lot of space. Maybe the character icons could be put into the pop-up instead of in the main window. Also, the font size would be large when a lot of people are online at once.
Thank you! I'm personally a fan of the sprites appearing as they do in the game. But, I can look into making it so all players would appear in the available window space for a future version.

Kinon
Exile

Post by Kinon » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:14 pm

I've just released Clanning 1.1 adding Torin's compact view, and fixing a few bugs.

Updates should happen automatically soon. If you're anxious, you can manually update by going to Clanning -> Check for Updates... in the menu bar.

If you're new, you can download Clanning manually here.

ANYWAY, now that the unimportant stuff is out of the way, I'll address a few things.
First, I am working on a Snow Leopard version. It is likely to be stripped down, and not updated as frequently. But, it'll be something to the many people who've been asking me.

Secondly, I got this bug report:
Anonymous wrote:some cloaks work, some not.
Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something very obvious, it is not possible to determine if a person is cloaked or not via the Informer data. Only characters with an undisclosed race will appear cloaked. I'd love to be able to show an exact representation of characters, as they as in game, but it is simply impossible at this time.

Hope you folks enjoy the new update!

Kinon
Exile

Post by Kinon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:28 am

Clanning Basic

A simplified version of Clanning is now available for Snow Leopard. You can download it directly here.

Some details:
Growl notifications are still present.
Detail view has been changed from a Lion-style popover to a context menu that requires a right click. Example:

This version will not be concurrent with the normal version of Clanning. It will receive bug fixes and some major features.

Many people asked for this version, I hope you all enjoy it!

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer

Post by Lorikeet » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Download at your link is not for snow leopard. Says you need lion.

Kinon
Exile

Post by Kinon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Thanks Lori. The download is disabled until I figure out what's wrong. I'll update here when everything is worked out.

Kinon
Exile

Post by Kinon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Orrrrr not

OKAY! Everything is certainly working now. Thanks again to Lori for being my test dummy!
Last edited by Kinon on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warawonda
Exile
Profession: Mystic
Race: Sylvan

Post by warawonda » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:02 am

iPhone app please!
the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer; enter clanlord, and they wonder why no one new joins and stays on

noivad
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I just got a chance to check this out. I like that you made the list style optional. I do not have a lot of screen real estate, but others do. So kudos for options. Not a lot of developers think, “Maybe I should do both?” Good job. As far as making people appear as they should, the client has the feed of what the sprite currently look like, but the feed doesn’t, correct? So, Kinon would have to request that info be added to the feed (then all feed clients could use it).

As far as the interface: I think you should add a Window menubar item and allow a command key to pull the window to the front. Currently, if I minimize the window and it goes into the dock, in order to pull it back up, I have to click on the app in the dock. But I usually use command-tab to switch apps. Also, I can do a four finger swipe down to see the window—either way I have to switch interfaces, so it slows the user down. Perhaps having the window pulled to the front automatically upon switch over, if possible. (I do not know since I have not looked at the interface options since 10.5 came out.)

If possible I would love to see the scaled character Icons, but I think Skirwan wrote about some sort of madness in implementing it. I can’t remember at this time, but I am pretty sure it is on his blog.
If that is not possible, the icon next to the player in CL client player list would be cool in compact mode. And I wouldn't object to you making that also an option.

Overall, nice work. Thanks.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Kinon
Exile

Post by Kinon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:03 am

Clanning and Clanning Basic have been updated.
You can manually update using the Clanning -> Check for Updates button in the Clanning menus if you're greedy. Automatic updates should occur soon.

Both versions now have a compact view that displays names, characters and professions.
Both versions now have a Window menu, and a few bug fixes.

Clanning Basic has an updated context menu.

--
noivad wrote:As far as making people appear as they should, the client has the feed of what the sprite currently look like, but the feed doesn’t, correct? So, Kinon would have to request that info be added to the feed (then all feed clients could use it).
Yes, this is exactly correct.
noivad wrote:As far as the interface: I think you should add a Window menubar item and allow a command key to pull the window to the front. Currently, if I minimize the window and it goes into the dock, in order to pull it back up, I have to click on the app in the dock. But I usually use command-tab to switch apps. Perhaps having the window pulled to the front automatically upon switch over, if possible. (I do not know since I have not looked at the interface options since 10.5 came out.)
I've added a Window menubar item in the latest update, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by making a window active if it is minimised. I've never seen an app jump out of the dock simply because you command-tabbed to it.
noivad wrote:If possible I would love to see the scaled character Icons, but I think Skirwan wrote about some sort of madness in implementing it. I can’t remember at this time, but I am pretty sure it is on his blog.
If that is not possible, the icon next to the player in CL client player list would be cool in compact mode. And I wouldn't object to you making that also an option.
Clanning does not use Clan Lord's image file or drawing scheme in any way, so it was simple to implement this. Added in the latest update.
warawonda wrote:iPhone app please!
I have one planned, but will not be releasing for quite awhile. The way the app currently works is not suitable for a phone.