Moderator: CL GMs

Aldernon
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Re: Ranger Study Chart (Beta)

Post by Aldernon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Eirian wrote:
Aldernon wrote:
Gil-Galad wrote:Large Eukaryid is there under Mushroom.

Hooded Guardian... Do we know if that is Substantial or Insubstantial Undine?

Sparse Ethereal Spume has been added.
Thanks for the quick turnaround! YOU talk about keeping up with things, don't feel bad...I just spent 8 years in the library ;)

Does this mean you are coming back out? :)
I'll only go so far as to say I'll be out more than I have been in the last 8CL years ;)

But I do hope to make it out of the library from time to time...weekends are going to be the most likely possibilities.
-Ald

"Applying epistemological transformations to dismiss information that isn't presently convenient to you is the reason people distrust self-professed intellectuals: because it's bullshit." -Skirwan

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Post by Stinkfist » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Aldernon wrote: I'll only go so far as to say I'll be out more than I have been in the last 8CL years ;)

But I do hope to make it out of the library from time to time...weekends are going to be the most likely possibilities.
Sunday december 9th 11:30 am pacific... be out of the library then :D
Captain Stinkfist, Pirate King, Disgraced Knight, Former Coin Flipping Champion, Head of the Pirates of Lok'Groton

Aldernon
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Aldernon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Stinkfist wrote:
Aldernon wrote: I'll only go so far as to say I'll be out more than I have been in the last 8CL years ;)

Sunday december 9th 11:30 am pacific... be out of the library then :D
I had heard something of this...I will try to make every effort to be there.
-Ald

"Applying epistemological transformations to dismiss information that isn't presently convenient to you is the reason people distrust self-professed intellectuals: because it's bullshit." -Skirwan

Gil-Galad
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Healer
Race: Human

Post by Gil-Galad » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:01 am

I started development again on this project. Some bigger changes coming soon!

Web Beta Release 2.2 (2-20-13)
---
-Added 2 new families, Bovine & Equines.
-Added creatures from new areas.
***Big update coming to include the ability to add creatures! Also looking to improve the loading speed.***
°°°Known Bug°°° - When QuickAdding, it can only contain the output from your belt. It cannot contain any other text.
Arr, pirates rule!
Michael wrote:A quadruple amputee dragging his ass across the keyboard has a higher chance of making a valid point than Maeght does.

Gil-Galad
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan

Post by Gil-Galad » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Big changes! New host! http://studies.clanlord.net
------------------------------------------------------------
Web Beta Release 3.0 (3-8-13)
---
***Complete rewrite of most loading code!***
***Now on ClanLord.net!***

- Loads WAY faster!
- Full Google Chrome support (as well as all other major browsers)!
- Add new creatures!
A. In order to reduce spam and fake creatures I have put in a approval process. Each user can click on "Approve Creatures" and then approve specific creatures. It requires 2 approvals (other then the person that submitted it). A couple admins (currently just me) have the ability to instantly approve.
- Changed the View Users to only show the families/studies that user has. No need to see all the extra junko.
- Added a message to let you know that a creature from the quick add wasn't found in the system.

###Known Bug### - When QuickAdding, it can only contain the output from your belt. It cannot contain any other text.
###Known Bug### - Slight pause a few seconds after loading. Works fine after pause is over.
Arr, pirates rule!
Michael wrote:A quadruple amputee dragging his ass across the keyboard has a higher chance of making a valid point than Maeght does.

Gremlins
Fenix Fire
Fenix Fire
Profession: Fallen
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Gremlins » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks for this version. It is way faster, more readable when checking other rangers pages, and hopefully, the ability to add critters will make it much easier to maintain for you :)

Good job :)
Chum wrote:Do not attempt to apply logic to matters regarding Clan Lord; it'll just drive you nuts... ;)

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:07 am

Gil-Galad wrote:Big changes! New host! http://studies.clanlord.net
------------------------------------------------------------
Web Beta Release 3.0 (3-8-13)
---
***Complete rewrite of most loading code!***

- Loads WAY faster!
- Full Google Chrome support (as well as all other major browsers)!
- Add new creatures!
A. In order to reduce spam and fake creatures I have put in a approval process. Each user can click on "Approve Creatures" and then approve specific creatures. It requires 2 approvals (other then the person that submitted it). A couple admins (currently just me) have the ability to instantly approve.
- Changed the View Users to only show the families/studies that user has. No need to see all the extra junko.
- Added a message to let you know that a creature from the quick add wasn't found in the system.

###Known Bug### - When QuickAdding, it can only contain the output from your belt. It cannot contain any other text.
###Known Bug### - Slight pause a few seconds after loading. Works fine after pause is over.
Awesome, I just made an account for the first time.

One suggestion: It would be cool to see if/when your character has enough atkus to hit other members of the family. Basically it would cross-ref with the "atkus to hit" from the Bestiary (which is mostly pretty accurate--it's by far the most accurate of the 4 stats I give).

Gil-Galad
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan

Post by Gil-Galad » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:14 am

That's for the idea Org. I'll work on it.
Arr, pirates rule!

Gil-Galad
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan

Post by Gil-Galad » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Web Beta Release 3.1.1 (3/18/13)
---

- All stats now update when you change values in Duvin, Goss, Atkus or Darkus on the fly with very minor lag. Please report bugs if you find there is lots of lag!

###Known Bug### - Slight pause a few seconds after loading(seems like it only effects Chrome). Works fine after pause is over.
Arr, pirates rule!

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:01 am

Quick question for rangers:

The "manders" are not in the same family as frogs (e.g. amedon)?

The blymoids are not in the same family as insects (e.g. myrm) but instead completely by themselves?

I'm working on redoing all of the histia numbers for monsters now, should be much improved.

Eirian
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Eirian » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:09 am

Correct.
6/9/10 9:38:37a Eirian Caldwell has fallen to a Dragonfly.
4/14/15 8:53:57p Geotzou says, "i am very patient, except if i have to wait."

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 am

Eirian wrote:Correct.
Thanks, fixed in the bestiary. Also, do you know if the Wild Stallion is in the same family as the 'bucks? I've heard conflicting reports.

I've now separated the last families so I think the bestiary is all correct. I have some creatures still "uncategorized" but AFAIK they are all solitary in their family? http://bestiary.clanlord.net/beast/Uncategorized.php

Gil-Galad
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan

Post by Gil-Galad » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Web Beta Release 3.2 (3/24/13)
---
***Org did an awesome job(and very time consuming job) of updating histia stats on the bestiary which in turn made this tool more accurate. Everyone give him a BIG thank you when you see him!***

- Added more information to the login page.
- Changed/Added families in accordance with Org's Bestiary.
- Now linked with Org's bestiary for stats (see below).
- You can now click on any creature name to view detailed information about that creature(all pulled from bestiary) as well as if you can easily hit it or not and the average amount of histia you damage it by.
- You can now get detailed family stats which include if you can easily tag and if you have a good chance of 1 hitting it.

###PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS WITH THE REPORT BUG BUTTON!###
###Known Bug### - Slight pause a few seconds after loading(seems like it only effects Chrome). Works fine after pause is over.
Arr, pirates rule!

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:57 pm

For everyone's reference, I have now completely redone the monster health numbers. They are now MUCH more accurate, and for about 80% of the bestiary, quite accurately represent the creature's histia (±10% due to monster variance).

Note that, on average, 10 Darkus do 1 histia worth of damage (±0.5 histia due to darkus variance). Note that most races start with some Darkus, so you will do a bit more damage than you expect from trained darkus alone.

This means a fighter with ~450 Darkus will have a 50% chance to one-hit a monster with 50 histia, like a Dust Arachne or a Bolok Cougar. This same fighter will take, on average, 2 hits to kill a Vagrant Arachne, and more like a whopping 22 hits to kill a Darshak Corsair (commonly found on the west sea entrance to Tenebrion's Island).

I have gone through personally estimating about 80% of the creatures in the lands, but a few areas I have estimated and may still be quite off:

Ash City
Estuary
Metz (anything past jungle)
Glen (myrm and wurms)
Ethereal Plane (have about 50%, but then a greater death spawned in portal island)
Deep Orga (anything in Orga CIty)
Exotic Locales (Turmoil Plane, Astrum Crypt, Lugubrion's Keep, etc)
Rare monsters (Juliosaur, Puma, Albino Maha, Mantuan...)

In time I will update these. Estuary, Glen, and EP are the easiest, the rest might take some time. I'll probably tackle monster Darkus afterwards. I still think my numbers on "atkus required to hit" and "defense required to brick monster" are pretty good, but please tell me where I have errors. At present, Estuary has, by far, the most inaccuracies.

Chopper
Arilon Legacy
Arilon Legacy
Profession: -
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Chopper » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 am

I think you swapped the defense needed to brick and atkus needed to hit on Giant River Lizard. I doubt it takes 1900 atkus (nor 500 defense to brick) :D
Largo wrote:i quit clan lord and now i clock 7-9 hours a day minmaxing romantic relationships