Healer in fh

General Clan Lord discussion

Moderator: CL GMs

Fafnir
Exile

Healer in fh

Post by Fafnir » Sun May 31, 2009 8:15 pm

When you click both a champion who is almost immune to the shower of rocks and a mid level healer who can become kia almost instantly if you don't keep a constant attention you know why most use only pocket healers.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Healer in fh

Post by Lorikeet » Sun May 31, 2009 8:58 pm

They use pocket healers so they can keep all the coins imho.

Fogtripper
Noble
Profession: Walker of Ether
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Fogtripper » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:13 am

Fafnir, if a mystic can survive in fh, a mid-level healer can survive in fh.

is this thread in answer to a post in another thread?

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:03 am

Having CW with Healers, most don't know how to do it. CWing is a pretty safe activitiy, yet I constantly find Healers hiding behind me instead of working to increase the coinrate.

Wander the snell. Valley run stuff if it's really busy. Lure stuff to the Fighter. Two exiles in an open snell looking to simply coin it out might not even see each other very much, if it's done right.

Agree that greed is often a factor. Speed is another.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Fafnir
Exile

Post by Fafnir » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:19 am

A healer non über can survive but will be kia in two seconds if he isn't permanently on the look out where a much younger fighter hasn't that to worry. Beside since only the large wendies are worth tagging and of course it will be much more difficult he will bring close to no exp to the leader.

If I had that experience it's because I was invited by an über rather generous on money.

It's strange that so few are able to talk on such a simple aspect reasonably but only flak.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:59 am

Fafnir wrote:Beside since only the large wendies are worth tagging
You just failed the hunt.
If it's a CW hunt, there's no tagging. That's a different kind of hunt. Not saying there aren't infinite combinations of hunt types, but if the point is cash the best way to get cash is clear the snell as of coin-bearing critters as fast as possible.

FH is a particularly difficult area. Big spawns. Small areas. Rock throwing critters. There's no way to avoid being hit.

Large wendies in FH? I don't think I've ever seen one. Are we talking about the same place?

Raul
Noble

Post by Raul » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:10 am

isnt uncommon for there to be taggers at fh

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:27 am

Raul wrote:isnt uncommon for there to be taggers at fh
But it is uncommon for there to be taggers on a coin hunt. Taggers slow down coinrate.

I doubt a Champ is hunting FH for xp.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Lorikeet » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:54 am

Raul wrote:isnt uncommon for there to be taggers at fh
If there's a fighter coining, with a healer along, it's not so that the healer can tag.

Fafnir
Exile

Post by Fafnir » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:29 pm

"I doubt a Champ is hunting FH for xp."

Gustave get kills with a few vanqs at FH. Of course to join a hunt is extremely difficult.

Talin
Noble
Race: Sylvan

Post by Talin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Cinnamon wrote:
Large wendies in FH? I don't think I've ever seen one. Are we talking about the same place?
Large midnight wendy. Not too uncommon. Can be pretty tough, my fighter was ages away of soloing one when he did FH easily with one midbie healer. FH needs attention, gotta dodge the pebble rains etc. But else, a midbie healer is very welcome. Off lately I hunted it for exp a couple times. Often some mixture, coiny expy.

Illora Mone
Snow Lemming
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Illora Mone » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm brought along fairly regularly, and Geo yells at me if I fail to dodge a pebble. I'm sure if I tried tagging I'd not be invited again. I'm a healer, I'm invited along to heal, not whiff for hours at something that's chewing through the fighter.
Normal is just a stereotype.

Aldernon
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Aldernon » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:44 am

In another life, I run into Large Midnight Wendies regularly....6 on one snell last night alone. My other life usually goes healer-less and with plenty of PF to get in and out. The healer-less isn't because I don't like healers, it's often that HWC's is called away at any moment for any number of minutes to hours and it's not fair to others to risk their lives for a hunt that may begin but not end for hours and sometimes days. I can't think of a better option I'm afraid.

On the upside, HWC's tries to be generous w/ his coins to make up for not always asking a healer along.
-Ald

"Applying epistemological transformations to dismiss information that isn't presently convenient to you is the reason people distrust self-professed intellectuals: because it's bullshit." -Skirwan

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter

Post by noivad » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:23 pm

The foothills is good coins for anyone with the skea (about 150) for it. There's plenty of coins to go around with good spawns. I often take 4 or 5 people with me, and I don't like having to resort to a double-clicking healer, but if we do we leave him/her outside the rocked areas. In general, the healers are pretty good about keeping their health up. Last time a healer fell I just warned her about the previous thing. She blew it off and fell about a minute later, hehe. She learned her lesson, and is much better about not getting rocked.

In any area with rocks or webs there's some basics an exile has to follow. The most important of these is to keep their eyes up on the screen, not talk a lot if they don't touch type, and basically pay attention. Do these three things and you should be fine.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Sielk
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Sielk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:28 am

Lorikeet wrote:They use pocket healers so they can keep all the coins imho.
I do FH hunts for two reasons...

1/ Coin hunt. If solo I just run back to TC everytime I get low on health. If with a decent healer can do great amount of coining in short amount of time. I almost never double click. The only time I do is when I fall solo and no other healer available to save me or there are no other healers on at the time to help.

2/ Exp hunt with younger players. If you can get 2-3 fighters who get vanqs in the area, this can be a good experience hunting area.

-Sielk
Chum wrote:* Nothing in the game requires a mystic. Nothing.