noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

The level of play

Post by noivad » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:57 pm

The level of skill shown in playing the game has diminished greatly and it's no longer fun when people don't know the basics like don't stand too close too each other in rocky areas or when there are dreds or Hems in the snell. Or even: don't get surrounded and more don't move in such a way that it gets someone else surrounded. The last 3 times I've come on and hunted I've been killed because someone either didn't know or didn't care to follow these simple rules.

Because of this I don't feel like playing anymore.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Largo
Bane of the Black Heart
Profession: Champion
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Inactive

Re: The level of play

Post by Largo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:07 pm

You should have used the reverse triple shredder gamma wing formation.
Last edited by Largo on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:07 pm

You always know someone's a REAL CL MASTAR if they blame their falls on other people. (or gms.)
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Althea
Exile

Post by Althea » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:15 pm

Teaching people the basics has been part of clanlord since, well... forever. Your opening this topic in your miffed tone doesn't improve the situation and doesn't help folks learn.

A week or so ago you threw a tantrum in another forum about someone making a mistake and you dying or departing as a result. If clanlord causes you that much angst, maybe you should take some time off.

I have no idea what the hell you hope to accomplish with this topic, other than make newer players feel bad and perhaps, try to make yourself look good.

Poorly done, Noivad.
Fighters fight, Healers heal, Rangers learn, Champions adapt, and Mystics cry themselves to sleep at night. - Gorvin

Largo
Bane of the Black Heart
Race: Concealed

Post by Largo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:30 pm

Aldernon
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Aldernon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:24 am

Largo wrote:Image

THATS IT!!
-Ald

"Applying epistemological transformations to dismiss information that isn't presently convenient to you is the reason people distrust self-professed intellectuals: because it's bullshit." -Skirwan

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Skirwan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:33 am

I think Largo has just summarized in a single diagram what it's like to be a bloodblader.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Babajaga
Red Quill
Red Quill

Post by Babajaga » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:42 am

Largo wrote:You should have used the reverse triple shredder gamma wing formation.

This one looks like one of those formation-ideas that were discussed during our first raids through Dred Passage. No, I am not kidding - terribly complicated stuff!

Anyone remember those?

Gil-Galad
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Healer
Race: Human

Post by Gil-Galad » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:06 am

noivad wrote:The level of skill shown in playing the game has diminished greatly and it's no longer fun when people don't know the basics like don't stand too close too each other in rocky areas or when there are dreds or Hems in the snell. Or even: don't get surrounded and more don't move in such a way that it gets someone else surrounded. The last 3 times I've come on and hunted I've been killed because someone either didn't know or didn't care to follow these simple rules.

Because of this I don't feel like playing anymore.
You act like people care that you are leaving.
Arr, pirates rule!
Michael wrote:A quadruple amputee dragging his ass across the keyboard has a higher chance of making a valid point than Maeght does.

Yor
Exile

Post by Yor » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Babajaga wrote:
Largo wrote:You should have used the reverse triple shredder gamma wing formation.

This one looks like one of those formation-ideas that were discussed during our first raids through Dred Passage. No, I am not kidding - terribly complicated stuff!

Anyone remember those?
I most certainly do because I made some of them. I just threw drops of paint all over a piece of paper randomly, threw some arrows in, gave it a cool name, then scanned it onto my Mac. :o

Yor
Trillbane skims “The Tao of Trillbane” finding nothing he doesn't already know.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Skirwan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:13 pm

Yor wrote:
Babajaga wrote:

Anyone remember those?
I most certainly do because I made some of them. I just threw drops of paint all over a piece of paper randomly, threw some arrows in, gave it a cool name, then scanned it onto my Mac. :o
Who was the first to start calling the two squads 'drunk' and 'sober'? Best plan ever if you ask me.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Yor
Exile

Post by Yor » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Skirwan wrote:Who was the first to start calling the two squads 'drunk' and 'sober'? Best plan ever if you ask me.
Gurgi I think?

Yor
Trillbane skims “The Tao of Trillbane” finding nothing he doesn't already know.

Odesseus
Rising Claw
Rising Claw

Post by Odesseus » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:19 pm

Largo, you forgot the most Basic thing when making a graph like that. A legend! It's COMPLETELY CONFUSING without one!

Good job. Carry on.

PS: To address the poster, Noivy, ole boy, lighten up, please. Exiles just wanna have fun.
Be nice or I'll eat you. >:"E

Torin
Race: Dwarf

Post by Torin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:36 pm

I see that Noivad's player status here is now "inactive." Did he change it himself? If not, it seems like a hasty move by a moderator. I would say "inactive" means the person no longer has a paid account, not that he is taking a break (which may or may not be the case).

Raul
Noble

Post by Raul » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:17 pm

dont worry about it, was probably noivad