Moderator: CL GMs

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Announcing ....

Post by Daimoth » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:14 am

Oh I was too busy staring at the potential deletion of characters to remember to thank you guys a lot. Big improvement.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:21 am

Fundin wrote:Nice work guys, we use that e-commerce module at work so I know the amount of work involved, good job.
Thanks. It was a lot of work, but I do wish it were nicer looking. That said, though, I'm hoping (crossing my fingers here) that it's reliable. I've put logging in at multiple places to show me what's going on in the event that something fails. But, I'm hoping it doesn't get to that. There are still things for me to do on the back-end to make things easier for Joe to do renewals. As I've mentioned before, the automatic re-billing isn't, uhm, automatic. But, if you select that button, Joe can pull reports to bill credit cards. My next step is to do that last part for him. Of course, you can always just add the time yourself. I've been thinking about creating a report that automatically sends mail to folks telling them that their account is about to expire. The problem with that is that most folks haven't corrected their email address(es) in years.

So, please update your email address! :)
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Skirwan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:50 am

Looks very nice. Congrats on finishing the project, Eldon.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra

Post by Mac » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:46 am

What?!?! No thanks to us beta testers? *sniff*

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:49 am

Mac wrote:What?!?! No thanks to us beta testers? *sniff*
Thanks to all of the Beta Testers!
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Fogtripper
Noble
Profession: Walker of Ether
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Fogtripper » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:35 am

Dropshadow for a white background. Easily changed if (when) the banner color is changed.

I'd suggest lining up content more neatly, limit text styles, remove underlines from non-links, and make links more consistant. The current design is clumsy and all over the place. (my clients are up front with me, and I am passing on that bluntness to you...for free!)

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom

Post by Phroon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:44 am

Um... how exactly is the outside world going to find this?

All I can seem to find are these: http://deltatao.com/clanlord/order.html, http://www.deltatao.com/paypal.html
And they don't agree on prices. One is linked from the CL page, the other from the DT main page.

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom

Post by Phroon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:52 am

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:02 am

Phroon wrote:Um... how exactly is the outside world going to find this?

All I can seem to find are these: http://deltatao.com/clanlord/order.html, http://www.deltatao.com/paypal.html
And they don't agree on prices. One is linked from the CL page, the other from the DT main page.
Joe's modifying the other pages. I figured I'd tell the current customers now, let all of you work on it and tell me of any bugs, then when Joe finally changes the other pages, it'll be perfect!
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:03 am

Phroon wrote:Image
I like that comic. Go ahead and try it. All inputs are smart-quoted. :)
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:24 am

It works! now time for the advertising!
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage

Post by Skirwan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:25 am

Eldon wrote:Go ahead and try it. All inputs are smart-quoted. :)
So you're giving us permission to search for vulnerabilities?
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Largo
Bane of the Black Heart
Profession: Champion
Race: Concealed

Post by Largo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:45 am

Okay, it all looks pretty good then. but dontdeletemyguysplzthx
Last edited by Largo on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:47 am

Skirwan wrote:
Eldon wrote:Go ahead and try it. All inputs are smart-quoted. :)
So you're giving us permission to search for vulnerabilities?
Would you not do it if I told you not to? ;)

I would ask, though, that you tell me privately first if you find any.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:53 am

Fogtripper wrote:Dropshadow for a white background. Easily changed if (when) the banner color is changed.

I'd suggest lining up content more neatly, limit text styles, remove underlines from non-links, and make links more consistant. The current design is clumsy and all over the place. (my clients are up front with me, and I am passing on that bluntness to you...for free!)
I've no idea what half of what you said means. :)

This is the basic OsCommerce website that many companies use. Except for the first page's HTML, all of the clumsy interface is directly from them. If you have some HTML code suggestions, I'll gladly take them. Seriously. I suck at HTML. Note, though, that Joe wants a very simple first page. I've tried to that. You'll have to do that too.

I chose OsCommerce because it's been vetted many times over. That's not to say it's perfect, but it's open source and has been reviewed many times by people from the world-over. I've been impressed with their degree of PHP and database security, but, you know, it's still PHP and MySQL. :)

P.S. - I like your logo! Check out the new one that I just uploaded. I hope the artist gives me permission to use his name.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM