iClan 1.2 Available

General Clan Lord discussion

Moderator: CL GMs

User avatar
Drablak
Exile
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:58 pm
Profession: Mystic
Race: Thoom
Player Status: Spambot
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by Drablak » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:48 am

Ayella wrote:(I'm out and about sometimes! We'll trip over each other...)
Great! I hope so :)
Cinnamon wrote:The actual concept of an overpowered Mystic registers as an oxymoron.

User avatar
warawonda
Exile
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:39 pm
Profession: Mystic
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Puzzle Island

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by warawonda » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:00 am

Chopper wrote:
warawonda wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote: A somewhat related rule you might not be aware of: Projects, regardless of their actual size or complexity, will take "like 15 minutes, because most of the work is already done."
to copy and paste code yes.
'They have to write new code, cus the old code is OLD. So copy paste is NOT an option.
warawonda wrote:
i am very aware of the diffrences, i do know a few coders(C# C++ Java PHP HTML XML VB)
i was planning on letting them fix it up for me, i plan these things ahead.
if you cared to read before you post next time.
the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer; enter clanlord, and they wonder why no one new joins and stays on

User avatar
warawonda
Exile
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:39 pm
Profession: Mystic
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Puzzle Island

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by warawonda » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:02 am

noivad wrote:Skirwan, just consider that last donation for NOT making an iClan for Windows! :D

Wow, I kinda' feel like a federal farm subsidy program! :)
1k AU money for Windows client. from me if you do.
the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer; enter clanlord, and they wonder why no one new joins and stays on

User avatar
Chopper
Arilon Legacy
Arilon Legacy
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:02 pm
Profession: -
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Inactive

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by Chopper » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:50 am

warawonda wrote: to copy and paste code yes.
warawonda wrote: to copy and paste code yes.
warawonda wrote: to copy and paste code yes.
warawonda wrote: to copy and paste code yes.
Largo wrote:i quit clan lord and now i clock 7-9 hours a day minmaxing romantic relationships

User avatar
wangahrah
Red Quill
Red Quill
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:09 pm
Profession: Necromancer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active
Location: Kidnapped in the Orga Stronghold
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by wangahrah » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:50 am

skirwan you fucking asshole code iclan for windows yesterday. give me the source code 2 weeks ago. every day that you dont i will kill 3 kittens.

if someone tells me what iclan does, i might be willing to create a windows version. however, it will probably be closed source and require a monthly subscription.

edit: after reading this thread, it really makes me not want to write this.
Cinnamon wrote:Wangah for Fen President

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Posts: 2971
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:39 pm
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive
Location: SNN Planar News Headquarters
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by Skirwan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:50 am

I'm seriously tempted to build a Windows version of Stylunk for Trowl, just as an object lesson to the peanut gallery about people who ask nicely getting what they want.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

User avatar
noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Posts: 3327
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:04 pm
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active
Location: SF Bay Area
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by noivad » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:12 am

Skirwan wrote:I'm seriously tempted to build a Windows version of Stylunk for Trowl, just as an object lesson to the peanut gallery about people who ask nicely getting what they want.
Trowl's a pretty good guy.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

User avatar
warawonda
Exile
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:39 pm
Profession: Mystic
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Puzzle Island

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by warawonda » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:18 am

Skirwan wrote:I'm seriously tempted to build a Windows version of Stylunk for Trowl, just as an object lesson to the peanut gallery about people who ask nicely getting what they want.
people did keep asking nicely along time ago you just ignored them, we learnt the lesson.
the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer; enter clanlord, and they wonder why no one new joins and stays on

User avatar
Talas
Exile
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:57 am
Profession: Fighter
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Active
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by Talas » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:58 am

not knowing how it looks at the end does not really increase my demands.
But anyhow... Could someone who has it post some screenshots so that i can consider to ask politely to have a Windows version please? :)

User avatar
Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Posts: 3718
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:58 pm
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:57 am

It looks fine, but the main thing is that it lists profession, name, clan, time clanning, and race and sex. You can also use Growl (I think that's the name) to let you know if someone comes on by friending them. It also shrinks so you can put it in the corner. You don't have to have a browser open, and the space is very small.

User avatar
noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Posts: 3327
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:04 pm
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active
Location: SF Bay Area
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by noivad » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Talas wrote:not knowing how it looks at the end does not really increase my demands.
But anyhow... Could someone who has it post some screenshots so that i can consider to ask politely to have a Windows version please? :)
iClan is a great product and the interface is simple.
Image
and collapsed:
Image
iClan in the collapsed state: note the window collapsed to its auto-anchored screen corner. If you tried, you can get the auto anchoring snap to pull the page repeatedly away from the cursor location and end up dragging the window around with the pointer no where near it.

Here's the prefs:
Image

I think I sent Skirwan a list of suggestions for potential future features and UI with a donation once, but I can't find the email anymore. :( I think it had to do with allowing for notifications for specific individuals logging in. For instance: having a sample of Cartman saying "Respect my authoriti!" trigger if Michael logged in, while Natas logging in would trigger the quote from The Breakfast Club: "Mess with the bull, you get the horns." You get the idea. Or being able to define groups of people that would have to be online for a notification as well. I think I also might have mentioned a flagging system that would allow people to flag themselves as looking for a hunt with their info: profession, level, hunting places, etc. as a parallel to CL and a reason to keep it open when logged in.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

User avatar
wangahrah
Red Quill
Red Quill
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:09 pm
Profession: Necromancer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active
Location: Kidnapped in the Orga Stronghold
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by wangahrah » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:21 pm

I don't know anything for Windows that uses Growl, but it apparently exists.

So from the screenshots, iClan basically notifies you when met criteria of friends are on?

Thanks for posting the screenshots, btw.
Cinnamon wrote:Wangah for Fen President

User avatar
noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Posts: 3327
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:04 pm
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active
Location: SF Bay Area
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by noivad » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:16 pm

wangahrah wrote:I don't know anything for Windows that uses Growl, but it apparently exists.

So from the screenshots, iClan basically notifies you when met criteria of friends are on?

Thanks for posting the screenshots, btw.
Yeah, I'm not familiar with Growl hooks in iClan, I can't find iClan listed in the Growl prefs. I'm not sure what Lorikeet's talking about iClan having Growl integration. I checked iClan's about box and my current version is 1.2.2.

Oh shit! Growl was updated for Lion and now they're charging for it. :( reading the blog ( http://growl.posterous.com/growl-13-a-s ... or-changes ) I can see why but the changes kind of suck.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

User avatar
Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Posts: 3718
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:58 pm
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:25 pm

noivad wrote:
wangahrah wrote:I don't know anything for Windows that uses Growl, but it apparently exists.

So from the screenshots, iClan basically notifies you when met criteria of friends are on?

Thanks for posting the screenshots, btw.
Yeah, I'm not familiar with Growl hooks in iClan, I can't find iClan listed in the Growl prefs. I'm not sure what Lorikeet's talking about iClan having Growl integration. I checked iClan's about box and my current version is 1.2.2.

Oh shit! Growl was updated for Lion and now they're charging for it. :( reading the blog ( http://growl.posterous.com/growl-13-a-s ... or-changes ) I can see why but the changes kind of suck.
I thought it was Growl. Maybe it's something else. I just know if I select someone with the heart at the bottom, when they come on I see something in the middle of the screen for a moment and it fades away.

User avatar
noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Posts: 3327
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:04 pm
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active
Location: SF Bay Area
Contact:

Re: iClan 1.2 Available

Post by noivad » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Lorikeet wrote:
noivad wrote:
wangahrah wrote:I don't know anything for Windows that uses Growl, but it apparently exists.

So from the screenshots, iClan basically notifies you when met criteria of friends are on?

Thanks for posting the screenshots, btw.
Yeah, I'm not familiar with Growl hooks in iClan, I can't find iClan listed in the Growl prefs. I'm not sure what Lorikeet's talking about iClan having Growl integration. I checked iClan's about box and my current version is 1.2.2.

Oh shit! Growl was updated for Lion and now they're charging for it. :( reading the blog ( http://growl.posterous.com/growl-13-a-s ... or-changes ) I can see why but the changes kind of suck.
I thought it was Growl. Maybe it's something else. I just know if I select someone with the heart at the bottom, when they come on I see something in the middle of the screen for a moment and it fades away.
Ah! nope. Skirwan addressed the notification system being an older compnent that's not Growl-based when I found it incompatible with the latest OS a bit ago.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Post Reply